Layoffs at Naughty Dog, Factions “on ice”

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
I'm not like sony stans and will cheer on this, I like ND and was anticipating this. So for me this is sad news to hear.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I personally have received a pay out when my contract was ended early. Not in the gaming industry, but tech.

Yeah it’s up to the company but ND/Sony shouldn’t be that strapped for cash right now. They coulda paid these people and/or reassigned them somewhere. Seems the higher ups at sony are really trying to curb some spending.

Oh they definitely should pay them severance, but this is why these gaming companies hire contractors - so they can get rid of them as conveniently as possible.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
This is such a scumbag thing to do. It seems Naughty Dog are still doing shady things because these workers need to get that severance if they're ending before contract runs out.

Also in article

"One source now tells Kotaku that the multiplayer game, while not completely canceled, is basically on ice at this point."

I wonder what Bungie saw to put this game on ice

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
This is such a scumbag thing to do. It seems Naughty Dog are still doing shady things because these workers need to get that severance if they're ending before contract runs out.

Also in article

"One source now tells Kotaku that the multiplayer game, while not completely canceled, is basically on ice at this point."

I wonder what Bungie saw to put this game on ice
Hopefully this article can force them, probably not

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
malcolm-x-angry.gif

I was just about to make this thread first.

but yeah, Naughty Dog has been on some bullshyt this gen so far. We about to drop into year 4 and these nikkas haven't dropped a single new game or sequel to anything yet. Absolutely horrible output compared to the other devs of their caliber.

Compared to their output on PS4, they had UC4 less than 3 years after the PS4 launched with a nice remaster of TLOU WITH the online mode a year after the original.

Then they had The Lost Legacy in 2017 and TLOU 2 in 2020.

Now fast forward and these cats only dropped a remake of Part 1 WITHOUT the MP, and so far have been working on some multiplayer game and we haven't seen a single piece of footage for it pretty much 3 years later.

Unless they drop the biggest MP game ever next year and then drop another classic the year after ND fell off hard.
At this rate I'd prefer if they made a couple of smaller AA games in between their AAA projects like I'd prefer if they dropped a Jak and Daxter game a la Ratchet and Clank last year instead of a remake of a game that already has a remaster.

Last edited:

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
:picard:Factions 2 is in development hell. I wouldn’t be surprised if ND pulled a Kojima. And give Factions 2 to a trusted outside source to develop. Because this game is clearly kicking their ass.
:picard: Y’all remember this shyt Kojima straight up shyted on his boys. Told his boys to give the game to platinum damn. ND will be making this video soon.

Last edited: