LAX vs The Alamo... Clippers vs Spurs 2nd round thread

The War Report

NewNewYork
Daps
Reppin
The Empire State
also throw in the fact that he WAS the franchise last year and this year he had to adapt to playing with Paul at the point. He didn't have a pg that damn near dribbled the clock out last season. The ball was more in his hands and he was the main scorer. I just say he work on that jumper hard this off season. He needs it in the worst way

Jumper? First and foremost, he needs to work on his post game before he ever thinks about shooting a 15-20 ft jumper with consistency.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Kobe is a once in a generation type player though. Blake might can be that, its undecided right now. This sweep will be good for him, he's a gym rat that's hungry. All the greats went through it. Kobe with the air balls against the Jazz... falling flat in the playoffs with Shaq under Del Harris- Mike Jordan getting his ass whupped year after year by the Bad Boy Pistons. Blake's shooting a thousand jumpers and 500 free throws a day starting tomorrow morning:win:

This is what kills me. What if this is it? What if this is the Blake we get to see for the rest of his career. It's always he needs time. Plenty of muhfukkas have that spark when they start and eventually turn into garbage. What makes him any different?

And don't take this as a diss or that I'm hating but too many people like to believe that there's more uncover in players when they may have just reached there peak.

Daps
This is what kills me. What if this is it? What if this is the Blake we get to see for the rest of his career. It's always he needs time. Plenty of muhfukkas have that spark when they start and eventually turn into garbage. What makes him any different?

And don't take this as a diss or that I'm hating but too many people like to believe that there's more uncover in players when they may have just reached there peak.

Plenty of players that 'had a spark when they started but eventually turned garbage' didn't average - 22.5 points, 12.1 rebounds and 3.8 assists in their rookie season.

That's what makes him different.

GSizz

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Seattle
Duncans #s against the Clippers. not bad for someone who is :flabbynsick:

34 minutes per game
21 points
59.4% from the field
80% at the line
9.3 rebounds
3.3 assists
2 blocks
1.3 turnovers
1.8 fouls
+69 plus/minus

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
Kobe is a once in a generation type player though. Blake might can be that, its undecided right now. This sweep will be good for him, he's a gym rat that's hungry. All the greats went through it. Kobe with the air balls against the Jazz...falling flat in the playoffs with Shaq under Del Harris- Mike Jordan getting his ass whupped year after year by the Bad Boy Pistons. Blake's shooting a thousand jumpers and 500 free throws a day starting tomorrow morning:win:

Not TD :scheme:

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali

:yeshrug:

If this is the best he gets so be it. But at the same time seems like people refuse to let him grow. This is only his second year playing. Let me see what he does next year. thats all I have to say. He's gonna work overtime this summer. maybe its the commercials he has or the dunk highlights that causes the extra scrutiny he gets but he has no wiggle room for his game or lack there of then other 2nd or 3rd year players in the league

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
Wait we comparing the growth of a post player to a fukking perimeter player now :wtf:, blake will be fine his lazy ass probably didnt work hard this summer because of the lockout but i fully expect him to diversify his arsenal this summer.

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Blake Griffin honestly didn't look as good this year as he did last year. He looked more tentative and not as aggressive with the basketball, as if he was too deferent to Chris Paul and his strong personality. Blake needs to play his game regardless of who his teammates are.

He also needs to work on a face up dribble move, mid-range jumper, and most importantly, his post-game, which he doesn't have. If you're that strong and can jump that high, you NEED a post game and to be around the basket ALL THE TIME!

Guess Who

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The more I think about it, Blake's problem is he doesn't understand the game well enough. Give him a clear lane or an opportunity and he WILL capitalize...but he doesn't get the little nuances of the game. He needs to watch some serious film over the summer.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Plenty of players that 'had a spark when they started but eventually turned garbage' didn't average - 22.5 points, 12.1 rebounds and 3.8 assists in their rookie season.

And that's cool. But why are we so sure that he'll develop all this shyt he's been promised to develop. Steve Kerr kept saying the shyt throughout the game yesterday and it was annoying the fukk outta me.

Daps
Reppin
NULL

I thought Amare was going to be a great rebounder his first couple of years.If you go back and look at his career highs, his best rebounding games came in his first 3 years.

After that, he started "working on his game" and became all about scoring.
His jumper got better, so did his handles.It was fun to watch, but he ended up falling in love with that shyt.

Blake is showing signs of that.In fact, it started against the same team(Spurs).After Amare averaged like 40ppg against the Spurs in the '05 playoffs, he was never the same after that.He took on more of a scorers mentality and focused all his energy into that part of his game.

Maybe Blake wont do that, but he's not going to be grabbing rebounds strictly off pure athleticism forever.I can see his rebounds tapering off by about 2 or 3 a game as teams figure out his tendencies.

That dude mirrors Amare so much, it's crazy