LAX vs The Alamo... Clippers vs Spurs 2nd round thread

Daps
And that's cool. But why are we so sure that he'll develop all this shyt he's been promised to develop. Steve Kerr kept saying the shyt throughout the game yesterday and it was annoying the fukk outta me.
It ain't about being sure, it's about holding hope that he'll improve.

Hopefully this is a learning curve for him; getting swept is the harsh-reality he needed, to go and work on his game.
I thought Amare was going to be a great rebounder his first couple of years.If you go back and look at his career highs, his best rebounding games came in his first 3 years.

After that, he started "working on his game" and became all about scoring.
His jumper got better, so did his handles.It was fun to watch, but he ended up falling in love with that shyt.

Blake is showing signs of that.In fact, it started against the same team(Spurs).After Amare averaged like 40ppg against the Spurs in the '05 playoffs, he was never the same after that.He took on more of a scorers mentality and focused all his energy into that part of his game.

Maybe Blake wont do that, but he's not going to be grabbing rebounds strictly off pure athleticism forever.I can see his rebounds tapering off by about 2 or 3 a game as teams figure out his tendencies.

That dude mirrors Amare so much, it's crazy
And this is why he needs the appropriate coaching that'll maximise his ability to play with his back to the basket/low post game and the aid of a defensive-minded coach/mentor to guide him in utilizing his physical tools to the best of their abilities, to avoid going down the same path that Stoudemire did.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
It ain't about being sure, it's about holding hope that he'll improve.

Hopefully this is a learning curve for him; getting swept is the harsh-reality he needed, to go and work on his game.

And this is why he needs the appropriate coaching that'll maximise his ability to play with his back to the basket/low post game and the aid of a defensive-minded coach/mentor to guide him in utilizing his physical tools to the best of their abilities, to avoid going down the same path that Stoudemire did.

Alls I'm saying is, it ain't no promises. And what if he just happens to be one of those guys who just won't accomplish that part of his game. I'm glad he said what he said during the presser about knowing he has to improve. But it's one thing to talk that shyt and go out there show the progress. Some would argue that he took a step or two back this yr. that's not good for a 22 yr old with two yrs of experience on the NBA Hardwood.