LAX vs The Alamo... Clippers vs Spurs 2nd round thread

swag johnson

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
been telling peeps same damn thing spurs were legit then that trade and signing of jackson, diaw, mills made it easier to win it all

i posted earlier with that magic comment saying we cant comeback i said watch we do to shut him up imma look for it and post it

Here's what he said after the game.

Spurs All About Team - ESPN Video - ESPN

Spurs playing that beautiful basketball.:to:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Clips shooting lights out
Spurs shooting bricks

Not worried bout spurs they will slowly take apart the lead and get right back in the game

LIke i said slowly take apart the lead down to 15 Come 3rd quarter i expect them to blow out the gates playing better with halftime adjustments

I could understand if he said they can comeback but will they win but he talking bout they cant i hope they comeback and blow them out to shut him up

found them all called it like i said

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Who hasn't showed the Spurs any respect dog? Ya'll keep bringing up theses mythical people from the Coli who supposedly hasn't shown the Spurs any respect but in reality its the heads @ Espn and TNT who haven't given the Spurs their proper due. Is it our fault that they only talk Bron, Kobe and the Knicks all day long? Outside of the Laker contingent most of the people here root for their regional squads. I don't know how many people are from San Antonio in the Coli. Aren't you(Doom) from the bay area? I know a lot of folks have jumped on the bandwagon as of late but that's to be expected with any winning team. But I honestly don't get all the "we're not getting our proper respect" jive from the Coli

Mythical people? Are you serious? Knowledgeable fans like myself, The Kid, Houston911, and TheNig, knew they were serious but any time the Spurs were mentioned in the :flabbynsick: Coliseum from the beginning of the season up until right before the playoffs, it was greeted with a chorus of comments about how they're a regular season squad that has the same team from last year and they won't do shyt in the playoffs. I was like a broken record arguing with these dudes telling me there's no way the Spurs can win the west or beat team x, y and z.

A couple of examples here...there's plenty more though, a lot in the main random NBA observations thread:

Spurs winning 9 in a row and no one talking about it - ProjectCOVO.com Global Forum

So now that the Spurs have clinched the #1 spot in the west... - ProjectCOVO.com Global Forum

Or just look at the poll results of this thread on who's coming out of the west from late March.

http://forums.projectcovo.com/showthread.php?t=4058001

Lakers-31
OKC-26
Spurs-12

:dead:

It's not even just that people doubted they were championship material...it took me a while to get convinced. It's that people were just scoffing and dismissing them like they were an afterthought, and had no chance of being a serious contender.

And yeah, a lot of ESPN dudes were similarly dismissive. For instance, :skip: rode with them hard all year, but whoever he was debating with usually scoffed at the notion of them competing for the title. Dudes like Rob Parker (the dumbest man on television), Stephen A., and Jay Feely (who they have talking about basketball for some reason) were literally laughing at the thought.

Or this smug fakkit, who they trotted out of god knows where...Israel Gutierrez with a warning for spurs fans. - YouTube

Dude said Tony Parker is the 5th best PG in the playoffs. :snoop: He picked both the Jazz and the Clippers to take the Spurs to 7 games.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Mythical people? Are you serious? Any time the Spurs were mentioned in the :flabbynsick: Coliseum from the beginning of the season up until right before the playoffs, it was greeted with a chorus of comments about how they're a regular season squad that has the same team from last year and they won't do shyt in the playoffs. I was like a broken record arguing with these dudes telling me there's no way the Spurs can win the west or beat team x, y and z.

A couple of examples here...there's plenty more though, a lot in the main random NBA observations thread:

Spurs winning 9 in a row and no one talking about it - ProjectCOVO.com Global Forum

So now that the Spurs have clinched the #1 spot in the west... - ProjectCOVO.com Global Forum

There's a strong possibility the Spurs will win it all this year and if they do... - ProjectCOVO.com Global Forum

It's not even that people doubted they were championship material...it took me a while to get convinced. But people were just scoffing and dismissing them like they were an afterthought, and had no chance of being a serious contender.

And yeah, a lot of ESPN dudes were similarly dismissive. For instance, :skip: rode with them hard all year, but whoever he was debating with usually scoffed at the notion of them competing for the title. Dudes like Rob Parker (the dumbest man on television), Stephen A., and Jay Feely (who they have talking about basketball for some reason) were literally laughing at the thought.

Or this smug fakkit, who they trotted out of god knows where...Israel Gutierrez with a warning for spurs fans. - YouTube

But all this happened because last season Memphis took ya'll out in the first round and ya'll was the 1 seed and they were the 8th. Ya'll just got to go out there, like you are now, and make it all happen all over again. That's sports. A big dog stumbles and looses and the aging vets look flabby and sick= a reason for people to write ya'll off.. that's life. But ya'll said fukk it went out and got some young studs, Duncan came in the best shape of his life, and Parker got focused, now all you have to do is finish it all off by making the NBA Finals. Y'all just Kurt Warner-erd the game. Fell off a bit and then reformed and came back with the Cardinals.

All that "ohh nobodies respecting us" shyt aint new. Every team who's won has gone through that. Ya'll act like ya'll the only ones. :childplease:

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
But all this happened because last season Memphis took ya'll out in the first round and ya'll was the 1 seed and they were the 8th. Ya'll just got to go out there, like you are now, and make it all happen all over again. That's sports. A big dog stumbles and looses and the aging vets look flabby and sick= a reason for people to write ya'll off.. that's life. Ya'll said fukk it went out and got some young studs, Duncan came in the best shape of his life, and Parker got focused, now ya'll just got to finish it all off by making the NBA Finals. Y'all just Kurt Warner-erd the game. Fell off a bit and then reformed and came back with the Cardinals.

I can understand that line of thinking before the season started because I felt similar. I didn't think they were going to be near this good and I picked OKC to go the finals. But once the season started and you watched them play, it was clear early on this squad was no joke and would be a factor if they could avoid injuries to any of the big 3. You had dudes still dismissing them as a frauds bound for an early round exit right up until the last week in April even though they basically demolished the whole league from about the mid-point of the season on, a lot of it without Ginobili. Now that's just stupid.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I can understand that line of thinking before the season started because I felt similar. I didn't think they were going to be near this good and I picked OKC to go the finals. But once the season started and you watched them play, it was clear early on this squad was no joke and would be a factor if they could avoid injuries to any of the big 3. You had dudes still dismissing them as a frauds bound for an early round exit right up until the last week in April even though they basically demolished the whole league from about the mid-point of the season on, a lot of it without Ginobili. Now that's just stupid.
But when you guys were on your 15 game winning streak you guys didn't have any national televised games on the tube if I can recall. that's another thing.. outside of cats with the NBA Package or who live in the San Antonio area- NOBODY SAW THE SPURS PLAY! Ya'll was almost a mythical team on a a 15 game winning streak... on some (medevil voice) "what is this Spurs team you speak of" type shyt. Ya'll couldn't generate any type of buzz through that thick heavy major market-Jeremy Linn fog that we experienced this season. nikka blame the media, don't blame nobody in the Coli

malbaker86

Gators
Daps
Reppin
Jacksonville, FL
All us Spurs fans were saying last year and this year was if we avoid the injury bug, nobody could beat us. Gay was out last year for Memphis but they had a month or longer to adjust w/o him. Meanwhile Manu gets hurts in the last game of the season and we had to adjust on the fly and still really got dominated in one of those games and the rest of those we had our chances

Angel On The Rag

I'm bloody hungry!!
Daps
Reppin
Tampax Warehouse
You Spurs dikk riders need to shut the noise, nobody said Spurs weren't championship material. You all were just too busy riding the dikk of the franchise to notice.

muzikfrk75

Daps
Reppin
One more game of Swaggy P outfits :sadbron:

nickie-1.jpg

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas

I feel you on that cuz when manu wasnt hurt he came out blazing then got hurt took bout a couple of games cuz we had a crappy road record and then we started to play better without him showed me we were legit. TURNING POINT OF SEASON WAS THE DALLAS MAVERICKS GAME where our BENCH cameback and damn near won us that game even though green hit game winning shot but time expired. We started to go crazy on our winning streaks. Thats when i felt we were championship material then that trade made me think WHO GONNA EVEN COME CLOSE TO BEATING US NOW :smugfavre: