LAX vs The Alamo... Clippers vs Spurs 2nd round thread

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
I think it's going to look like those mid 2000's Spurs/Suns series.

The Clips will be lucky to make it to game 6.

I say Spurs in 5.

At least those Suns teams had a nearly unstoppable pick n roll game with Nash and Amare.

Thanks mostly to Blakes severely broken jump shot, him and Chris Paul are just an extremely poor mans version of that Amare/Nash combo.

The Spurs watching the game film like:jawalrus: :sitdown:...."we've seen his already"
:rudy:

and how many 'ships did that combo win? can't call something the "poor man's version" if the so-called original never won anything.

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Paul will only guard Parker for short periods of time, the wild card is Bledsoe. He's going to be guarding Parker alot this series.. it'll be speed for speed, strength for strength
Bledsoe's going to contain or slow down Parker? Plus you put Paul on Green or Ginobili and they're going to feast.

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Bledsoe's going to contain or slow down Parker? Plus you put Paul on Green or Ginobili and they're going to feast.
You'll feast if you knock down shots.. all I'm saying is why would we have a semi-injured Paul chasing down Parker all game long when we have Bledsoe?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:rudy:

and how many 'ships did that combo win? can't call something the "poor man's version" if the so-called original never won anything.

Hey...Stockton and Malone never won anything.

And Paul/ Blake is an ultra extreme poor mans version of them.

Mostly do to Blake, though.

You give Chris Paul a Malone or Stoudemire(pre injury) and he'd be legendary.

I'll give Blake the benefit of the doubt because he's young.He could still develop his game.I just watched Amare at that same age average 30 and 11 in his first playoff run.Same type of game as Blake, except he had a jump shot.

I'm just saying...The Spurs have already dealt with a way more potent version of Blake during their playoff battles.They have a knack for being able to shut those type of combos down.

It's like going from Habaneros to dill pickles in terms of spice.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm actually rooting for the Clippers.I always roll with the underdog.

Unfortunately, I've seen what the the Spurs have done to teams built like the Clippers

I hope to be surprised

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Mann f**k the f**k happened Grizz? I wanted Z-Bo to dominate Duncan again you know Duncan still gets nightmares everyday the way Z-bo dominated him like no one has ever done to the King Of the South but if CP3 is able to get this series to even a 6 or 7 game, you gotta put him at least top 5 or even top 3 player in the game ASAP, this Clips team isn't even better than that 08 Hornets team and this Clips team is deeper, but too bad CP3's is a b##chass flooper and will continue to hate on em, <Bizzy Bone voice> F**K THAT FAT B!TCH <Bizzy Bone voice>

Dusty Bake Activate

Fukk your corny debates
Daps
Mann f**k the f**k happened Grizz? I wanted Z-Bo to dominate Duncan again you know Duncan still gets nightmares everyday the way Z-bo dominated him like no one has ever done to the King Of the South but if CP3 is able to get this series to even a 6 or 7 game, you gotta put him at least top 5 or even top 3 player in the game ASAP, this Clips team isn't even better than that 08 Hornets team and this Clips team is deeper, but too bad CP3's is a b##chass flooper and will continue to hate on em, <Bizzy Bone voice> F**K THAT FAT B!TCH <Bizzy Bone voice>

Lol...you obviously didn't watch that series. Duncan barely guarded Z-Bo at all. He was on him on Z-Bo's buzzer-beater 3, but he was on Gasol most of the time. McDyess and Blair were on Z-Bo most of the time.

Regarding a repeat of that happening, be serious. Duncan obviously wasn't Duncan in the playoffs last year. He was playing on two bad knees and had no lift or lateral movement. He couldn't go up against two elite big men injured with no help. Healthy Duncan and emerging Splitter wouldn't get dominated like that by Gasol and a gimpy Z-Bo. Plus Ginobili's arm isn't broken and the Spurs have a much better and deeper supporting cast. And they swept the Grizz 4-0 in the regular season. They probably would beat the Grizz worse than the Clippers.

torcher

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
PHILLY #Byrdgang
Spurs in 4. I wonder if Pop is gonna start Diaw for the rest of the playoffs or does he go back to Blair this series

PTBG

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cali
Lol...you obviously didn't watch that series. Duncan barely guarded Z-Bo at all. He was on him on Z-Bo's buzzer-beater 3, but he was on Gasol most of the time. McDyess and Blair were on Z-Bo most of the time.

Regarding a repeat of that happening, be serious. Duncan obviously wasn't Duncan in the playoffs last year. He was playing on two bad knees and had no lift or lateral movement. He couldn't go up against two elite big men injured with no help. Healthy Duncan and emerging Splitter wouldn't get dominated like that by Gasol and a gimpy Z-Bo. Plus Ginobili's arm isn't broken and the Spurs have a much better and deeper supporting cast. And they swept the Grizz 4-0 in the regular season. They probably would beat the Grizz worse than the Clippers.

yea I know I'm just trolling, I'm a Laker fan and want LA to win, but I think right now the Spurs are the scariest team in the playoffs right now, even though I never have or never liked the Spurs. But, still though even if Duncan was healthy the team last year would have still lost, but the new Spurs this year would have probably beat the Grizz this year though because of the gang of shooters and Parker ballin' outta his mind. And come on now with that Ginobili talk, he was still ballin' with a messed up arm, thats how could he was and still is, eventhough he is out of his prime. Smh now, the Grizz are a much deeper team than the Clipps, and are a lot more physical and it would have been a dog fight, but with the Clipps, all you gotta worry about is CP3 and test his groin with PArker going 100 miles per hour to the basket.