Lauryn Hill might be done

Spence

Superstar
Daps
I don’t need a celebrity to ride for me. Most of them that do are clout chasing anyway. Prince, MJ, R. Kelly, etc. were also nuts and still get spins from me. I don’t do selective outrage.

Disparaging comments against the black community, culture, then walking those statements back blaming it on being off her meds? Yeah nah breh, you can keep it :pachaha:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cats be giving the longest leashes to women because they got that 'neo-soul', 'natural sista' type of vibe but they be just as if not more scandalous than the 'hood chick'.

If Lauryn Hill's music name was "Trill Hill L-Banga" she would have been black-balled for these stunts
Yea black folks gotta have a collective discussion about the shea butter, neo soul, nonsense justification meta:mjlol:

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Disagree. Andre has had songs over a period of time longer than her. More music to pick from overall. Definitely more recent music.She is coasting like 90% on an album that came out in 97.

Andre 3k did 1 solo album and got a bunch of features that’s it same as Hill.

And he don’t ever perform anymore.

Both him and Hill been accused of being “crazy”

Honestly they’re both kinda weird when I comes to dealing with fame and interacting with their fans (trust me I met him before :hubie: )

I guess it comes with being extremely talented with a classic album.

A gift and curse :banderas:

DoubleClutch

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I guess the YouTube algorithm saw me posting in this thread and sent me this video :wtf:

Really good breakdown of lauryn hill career and overall “tough love” message if you got time to watch it all.

The crazy thing is, this guy is the type of fan who allows Hill to thrive today. Which one of y’all in here made this video :banderas:

Damnshow

Veteran
Daps
People's obsession with Lauryn Hill has always been strange to me.

Fugees were nothing but Rasta impostas, biting Jamaican music. She then had one solo album, clearly indicating she don't give a fukk about her career as much as you'd want her. It's a waste of time investing in such musicians.

Lauryn Hill's legacy is some white hipster magazine inserting her name in top 20 rappers of all time to cause discussions, cause everybody knows she's nowhere near that.

Daps
I saw her in the Bronx in Oct. Was mid. She tried. Crowd was sedated spiritually. It's okay sisters, I love y'all and feel free to cancel on the undeserving populace from time to present.

Wonder what Sade is up too though