Latino Fans Are Moved By "Black Panther: Wakanda Forever" Actor Tenoch Huerta's Comments At Comic-Con

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You give them an inch they'll take a mile.

Mexicans swear Encanto is the best movie ever made in the history of movies.

And now if BP2 sells well it'll be cause "we went out to support Namor" and if it doesn't it because "Namor deserves his own movie"

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Namor is too big of a character not to have debuted in his own franchise and TaChalla shouldn't thave to share his
For someone else's origin story.... again.

Theyre both getting the short end of the stick here.

Is there any character in the Marvel universe that just popped up out the blue with their own movie?

Don't they all have a cameo or story that starts in one movie that leads to their own? Or like a teaser or some shyt?

Sleepy Floyd

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Houston, Texas
Mexican media mostly shows white Mexicans despite the white ones being the minority there. Any darker skinned, indigenous or black Mexican is portrayed in a negative light in their media.

This actor is speaking on that and he has been for a while, he also calls out Mexico on their racism. So Mexicans are just glad to have someone speaking up on this and calling them out publicly.

White Mexicans hate dude lol

Daps
Reppin
Lwo Lakeset
Mexican media mostly shows white Mexicans despite the white ones being the minority there. Any darker skinned, indigenous or black Mexican is portrayed in a negative light in their media.

This actor is speaking on that and he has been for a while, he also calls out Mexico on their racism. So Mexicans are just glad to have someone speaking up on this and calling them out publicly.

White Mexicans hate dude lol

They've already made up there minds fake outrage is the coli's bread and butter

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
The thing about Marvel Superhero movies and other movies and tv shows being discussed as silly, demonstrates how some don't understand how it works.

The entertainment industry is the greatest propaganda machine the world has ever known. Bigger than public education or even religion.

In fact people saying it's not that serious shows how even more effective it is. Because people let their guard down and accept whatever they're exposed to without rejecting it.

Which is why whites overwhelmingly finance

*Black trauma movies/tv shows

*White male doctor shows

*White savior movies,

*Slave movies/tv shows

*Pro-cop shows

Because that's the world they want and what they want people to think about whites and Black people.

And it reminded me of a video that came out when Black panther did and it was a black dude that was astonished at the Black posters and carboard cutouts of the characters from the movie and he asked, "Is this what it's like for white people all the time?"

Yes it is. They're always the protagonists (good or bad) and psychologically it shows that they're in control in any situation. So white kids grow up thinking they can be anything they want to be. And that message is beamed out 24/7 and it doesn't depend on their parents or friends. It's just always shown to them.

Which is why the fight over what's in Black Panther matters. Or the Woman King. Or other Black movies and tv shows. Because where else do you see Black people represented? Religion? All the major religions are anti-Black. Public Education? It's anti-Black. Self Education? That's individual not mass education.

Don't even bother breh, they're just playing dumb.

Everyone knows the first movie was groundbreaking because of it's depiction of Black people which went against the general global image Hollywood puts out regarding black people.

It presented masculine heterosexual black men as leaders and protectors of a powerful black society while still working in tandem with their powerful black women (who even still had leadership roles). With ZERO dysfunction.

Now that's all been torpedoed to put out a shea butter narrative and altered image that Black Women don't need black men/"we all we got" which is why they have "removed the black men" to hammer down this point.

Even Chadwick Boseman said he did the first movie primarily to change the thought process of how Black people can be viewed, he understood the power of imagery. "Bu-bu-but it's just a movie"

But apparently pointing the sudden 180 out means you're incel, "hate women", "just want to see men" 😆

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Y’all know the sentiment of what I’m saying. And if you don’t, then my comment isn’t for you. Stop tagging me. You clowns just wanna argue…

Nobody is arguing with you over such of ignorance. Take the L and try again in another thread

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Is there any character in the Marvel universe that just popped up out the blue with their own movie?

Don't they all have a cameo or story that starts in one movie that leads to their own? Or like a teaser or some shyt?

strange and antman

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
I'm so confused by the responses in here. Namor was always going to be major in this franchise and his character isn't black. What the fukk yall expect?
They didn't expect black and brown politics being backdoored through a white IP based on an advanced African civilization.

Nkrumah Was Right

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Or how young they are.

Symbolism, empty debates over cultural hegemony while perpetuating it…

It shows the dearth of radical, substantive education in black youth today and the emptiness of our (mis)leadership class that offer little cultural totems instead of material gains

Daps
Or how young they are.
Symbolism, empty debates over cultural hegemony while perpetuating it…

It shows the dearth of radical, substantive education in black youth today and the emptiness of our (mis)leadership class that offer little cultural totems instead of material gains

No, those are grown ass men arguing about superheroes as the basis of their ADOS identity and whatnot. I used to believe that they were just young kids, too, before I started getting the videos of grown ass men arguing about that popping up on Youtube. That is why Yvette Carnell is even beginning to distance herself from such supporters. She just called their asses incel in a video, and that she is right about because that is exactly how they sound to be honest

The_Truth

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Namor is too big of a character not to have debuted in his own franchise and TaChalla shouldn't thave to share his
For someone else's origin story.... again.

Theyre both getting the short end of the stick here.
I mean, this is basically most Marvel movies. Pretty much all the sequels to the solo hero movies become introductions to other characters and setups to other movies.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
No, those are grown ass men arguing about superheroes as the basis of their ADOS identity and whatnot. I used to believe that they were just young kids, too, before I started getting the videos of grown ass men arguing about that popping up on Youtube. That is why Yvette Carnell is even beginning to distance herself from such supporters. She just called their asses incel in a video, and that she is right about because that is exactly how they sound to be honest
The specific guy you addressed in the last post actually said "when I was going through my super Black phase". He's a kid..,
I just had to correct him in another thread because he thought that all the late Khalid Muhammad did was appear on talk shows and 'lead marches'.
As far as the older guys?, Some of the comments I've read here over the years, would lead one to think that some dudes fell out of the sky and fell to earth as adults. They sound as if they weren't raised by families and communities.
The very first time they were introduced to basic concepts, events, and history is when they sat down and watched a youtube video.
Sad shyt.
Since I'm not comfortable around ignorance, I eventually put them on ignore.