Latino Fans Are Moved By "Black Panther: Wakanda Forever" Actor Tenoch Huerta's Comments At Comic-Con

jwinfield

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We just know non black Latinos intentionally don’t include Afro Latinos in their Telemundo and Univision productions because of their blackness so are baffled as to why they are being included in this movie which being marketed as a so called “Black movie”.
This is a Disney production, not the black equivalent of Telemundo or Univision:unimpressed:

Is it being marketed as a black movie or is it a Disney movie with a majority black cast and a black director?:unimpressed:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Y’all know the sentiment of what I’m saying. And if you don’t, then my comment isn’t for you. Stop tagging me. You clowns just wanna argue…
:dahell:I was agreeing with you

The point is your sentiment don't matter because what you're categorizing as "ours" actually never belonged to us

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
May be a cartoon of 1 person and text that says 'And Star Trek? Not Notyet, yet, my master.'

Daps
I remember the hype when the first one came out, I was in my hyper "pro-Black" phase.

It made me sick that a fukking super hero movie finally had some people studying Black history, does it now? Re-read Miseducation of the Negro and you'd understand my yes and no answer :yeshrug:

All in all, people, especially coli brehs just want symbolism, who cares that Michael Eisner's grandkid's grandkids will in some way, shape or form make money off of your $16 ticket if there's nothing but rich Black folk in front of the camera acting?

Representation is the LEAST of our problems right now

The fact that a Marvel superhero project is the cornerstone of your "pro-Black phase" just shows how vacuous a lot of you internet activists are

Daps
This is a Disney production, not the black equivalent of Telemundo or Univision:unimpressed:

Is it being marketed as a black movie or is it a Disney movie with a majority black cast and a black director?:unimpressed:

If you believe that "Black projects" are a thing, then what is supposed to be the difference between those?

VoxSphere74

Banned
Daps
The fact that a Marvel superhero project is the cornerstone of your "pro-Black phase" just shows how vacuous a lot of you internet activists are
The thing about Marvel Superhero movies and other movies and tv shows being discussed as silly, demonstrates how some don't understand how it works.

The entertainment industry is the greatest propaganda machine the world has ever known. Bigger than public education or even religion.

In fact people saying it's not that serious shows how even more effective it is. Because people let their guard down and accept whatever they're exposed to without rejecting it.

Which is why whites overwhelmingly finance

*Black trauma movies/tv shows

*White male doctor shows

*White savior movies,

*Slave movies/tv shows

*Pro-cop shows

Because that's the world they want and what they want people to think about whites and Black people.

And it reminded me of a video that came out when Black panther did and it was a black dude that was astonished at the Black posters and carboard cutouts of the characters from the movie and he asked, "Is this what it's like for white people all the time?"

Yes it is. They're always the protagonists (good or bad) and psychologically it shows that they're in control in any situation. So white kids grow up thinking they can be anything they want to be. And that message is beamed out 24/7 and it doesn't depend on their parents or friends. It's just always shown to them.

Which is why the fight over what's in Black Panther matters. Or the Woman King. Or other Black movies and tv shows. Because where else do you see Black people represented? Religion? All the major religions are anti-Black. Public Education? It's anti-Black. Self Education? That's individual not mass education.

Last edited:

Fill Collins

I didn't mean to verge!
Daps
No, no, no it came out WHILE I was in that phase, seeing people suddenly act the same because of the movie, started turning me off