Late 91/92 WWF was prime WWF fukkery

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
I was right there with you. I was up on WCW earlier than WWF b/c my grandmother had me watching wrestling as a kid with her. I'm talking JYD, Sting, Flying Brian... renting the old WCW and NWA tapes from Wegman's and not realizing that the NWA tapes were edited heavily so you couldn't see full matches. I felt ripped the fukk off as a kid!! Catching PPVs on tape once they hit the video store was the best

west coast video & blockbuster.

WWF videos were always in better stock than the NWA/WCW stuff tho. it was much easier to trace their legacy from the mid-80s to the '90s.

also, those old NWA tapes weren't all that digestable to a 6-year old. like I understood the greatness and later recognized it as the goat material, but I wasn't ready for it yet.

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One of the fondest revelations of my young life was walking into a Video Express in '91, like I always did on Friday nights, to rent some video games for my NES...and for whatever reason, I decided to walk around the store a little bit. I went to farthest row in the back and on the front side of the display was NFL,NBA,Boxing etc. VHS tapes....but on the back side next to the wall...........A FULL ROW OF COLISEUM VIDEOS.

I could've died a happy man right there...All the Wrestlemania up until 6....all the Survivor Series....all the Royal Rumbles...all the SuperTapes. Back then they didn't let you hold vids/games for 3 - 5 days. You had that shyt overnight and if you kept it an extra day, you had to pay full price for the extra day. MAAAAAN I would watch those tapes like 10 times back to back in ONE DAY. Sometimes I'd STILL come up off that allowance money just so I could spamwatch a tape for another day. I WAS HOOKED.

And then fukking Blockbuster came through and put all the little mom and pop video shops out of business. But that was a blessing in disguise b/c not only did they have 2 TO 3 TIMES the amount of vids/games....and not only could you keep vids/games for 5 - 7 days........they had an entire row of WCW pay per views ALL by themselves...... :wow:
My adolescence/teen years was nothing more than fast food, video games and Wrestling VHS's....and I was happy :to:.

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
WCW will always be my GOAT promotion.

Country wrasslin' + Luchas + Japanese wrestlers + the occasional WWE guy...

Even as a child, I could understand that there was a difference in match quality b/w WCW and WWE.

I had never seen anything like Liger-Pillman @ Superbrawl 2. Early 90's was GAWDLY.

Dude, this is why I maintain that '96-98 WCW is the GOAT:king::king::king:

dbp

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
90-92 was a fantasic era. My earliest memories as well. Despite how cartoony it is, it acutally ages pretty well I find. Looking back, they actually had interesting characters/feuds despite the fukkery.

The biggest aha moment to me was watching the 92 Royal Rumble, where they had pretty much every entrant cut a short promo at the start. Damn near everyone on the roster had charisma and could cut a solid promo. In no other era could that have happened.

Actually most of the 90s was pretty good. 93-94 were probably the worst, and certainly parts of 95. Late 95 was solid though, with the Diesel heel turn. 96 is underrated, and 97 is still their GOAT year imo.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
90-92 was a fantasic era. My earliest memories as well. Despite how cartoony it is, it acutally ages pretty well I find. Looking back, they actually had interesting characters/feuds despite the fukkery.

The biggest aha moment to me was watching the 92 Royal Rumble, where they had pretty much every entrant cut a short promo at the start. Damn near everyone on the roster had charisma and could cut a solid promo. In no other era could that have happened.

Actually most of the 90s was pretty good. 93-94 were probably the worst, and certainly parts of 95. Late 95 was solid though, with the Diesel heel turn. 96 is underrated, and 97 is still their GOAT year imo.
Of course its gonna age well..Jake the Snake Roberts and Macho Man were on fire...eastcoast crowds loved Sid...Undertaker had kids crying...people were sending Sgt Slaughter death threats for treason..kayfabe still ruled the business pre Bret Hart getting screwed over.

FakeNews

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yo I would say outside of the attitude era

This was my favorite period of wrestling so much fukkery. From 91 until like summer slam 92 shyt was fire. They need to finally stop playing around and put all episodes of primetime and superstars from this era on the Network. WCW was hot too

Last edited:

Buzzed Lightyear

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The culture needs those old Superstars and Wrestling Challenge episodes. So much fukkery :ohlawd: Earthquake going from a fan to putting Hogan on the shelf :dead: The Real Worlds Champion with the distorted WCW belt:heh: Elizabeth in those photos with Flair :ooh:

You know you can hop on YouTube & catch some of the episodes, right?