Late 91/92 WWF was prime WWF fukkery

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
Who cares what they did with Hall. I dont give a fukk what some old man thinks is right for what's on top. He didnt even know Hall was doing the Tony Montana ripoff during the Razor run...that's crazy. So him pushing a less over homosexual over Razor is precisely the kind of decision making that allowed for Hall to leave and take over pro wrestling in 96 breaking records and doing sell outs every week and month while Shawn accomplished the gay ass "boyhood dream" storyline where he had that old man as a manager. Lame as fukk. The reason why there was a need for Steve Austin was because Shawn Michaels couldnt hack it and get it done.

I actually read that wrong a little bit I thought you were talking about Razor & Shawn being exposed as non-top guys. Yeah Shawn had a nice run but he wasn't putting asses in the seats like Hogan, Austin, & Rock did during their primes in WWF.

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not even just WWE 91-92....WRESTLING then was AMAZING to me...

My mother finally got us cable...I had just turned 10. She had them hook it up while I was at school. It was Thanksgiving week. My little ignorant country ass thought Survivor Series was gonna come on basic cable. Didn't realize we needed a cable box. I didn't get to see my THEN GOAT Hogan lose the belt to Undertaker with help from Ric fukkING Flair.

The 1st thing I saw when I turned that TV on, oddly enough, was GWF on ESPN. That's some real boyhood shyt right there. 24 hour sports and professional wrestling. :wow:

Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert, Wild Bill Irwin, The Patriot, Ebony Experience(we know who they'd become), Scott Putski, etc.

I was watching WCW Worldwide b/c it was synidicated on whatever podunk basic tv stations we had...but now I'm watching WCW Saturday Night, WCW Main Event(couldn't even go to sleep the night of Superbrawl II. I wanted Sting to win the belt so badly. The next night on Main Event, Schiavone said Sting won. I ran around the house screaming!!

Clash of the Champions were basically free pay per views. The CotC when Sting had to fight Vader, Rude, Jakethe Snake, etc. by himself b/c damn near everybody got taken out. Including Ron Simmons who got jumped after Harley Race called him the N word. They pinned Sting too. Just a straight sweep.

The HBK heel turn on Janetty was classic...but Dangerous Alliance LEGITIMATELY(I think)SMASHING Ricky Steamboat's nose on WCW Worldwide STILL fukks with me to this day.

Rick Rude getting in a fist fight w/ Sting @ the Superbrawl II afterparty and bloodying Sting's nose and Nikita Koloff(who had a steel chain match @ GAB '91 w/ Sting months earlier)coming to break it up was :dahell:

Abdullah getting electrocuted @ HAlloween Havoc '91...and I THINK....Windham...getting his arm broken in a car door by Arn and Zbysko before that PayPerView.

I didn't mean to derail the WWF goodness but....American wrestling OVERALL in the early nineties was ALOT for a child to digest.

Sonny Corinthos

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Port Charles, NY
Can find alot of this fukkery in full on youtube. Network is great when you got a day a day to waste peeping how feuds/angles and getting to see the payoff on the network:wow:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
Late '92 - 95 WWF was bad. '96 was good for WWF w/HBK as champ b/c we got a break from Bret being in the main event for 8 months (Vince was starting to run him into the ground imo). I know WCW was winning in the ratings with the nWo but WWF was at least getting fresh air w/Sid, Ahmed Johnson, Vader, Mankind/Taker feud, & Austin/Hart feud starting at the end of '96.

HBK was a weak champion.
'96 was when things began to turn around, but not because of HBK.

btw, I may be in the minority that liked the WWF thru the 1st half of '93.
that '92 survivor series was wack tho.

Last edited:

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps

My mother finally got us cable...I had just turned 10. She had them hook it up while I was at school. It was Thanksgiving week. My little ignorant country ass thought Survivor Series was gonna come on basic cable. Didn't realize we needed a cable box. I didn't get to see my THEN GOAT Hogan lose the belt to Undertaker with help from Ric fukkING Flair.

The 1st thing I saw when I turned that TV on, oddly enough, was GWF on ESPN. That's some real boyhood shyt right there. 24 hour sports and professional wrestling. :wow:

Hot Stuff Eddie Gilbert, Wild Bill Irwin, The Patriot, Ebony Experience(we know who they'd become), Scott Putski, etc.

I was watching WCW Worldwide b/c it was synidicated on whatever podunk basic tv stations we had...but now I'm watching WCW Saturday Night, WCW Main Event(couldn't even go to sleep the night of Superbrawl II. I wanted Sting to win the belt so badly. The next night on Main Event, Schiavone said Sting won. I ran around the house screaming!!

Clash of the Champions were basically free pay per views. The CotC when Sting had to fight Vader, Rude, Jakethe Snake, etc. by himself b/c damn near everybody got taken out. Including Ron Simmons who got jumped after Harley Race called him the N word. They pinned Sting too. Just a straight sweep.

The HBK heel turn on Janetty was classic...but Dangerous Alliance LEGITIMATELY(I think)SMASHING Ricky Steamboat's nose on WCW Worldwide STILL fukks with me to this day.

Rick Rude getting in a fist fight w/ Sting @ the Superbrawl II afterparty and bloodying Sting's nose and Nikita Koloff(who had a steel chain match @ GAB '91 w/ Sting months earlier)coming to break it up was :dahell:

Abdullah getting electrocuted @ HAlloween Havoc '91...and I THINK....Windham...getting his arm broken in a car door by Arn and Zbysko before that PayPerView.

I didn't mean to derail the WWF goodness but....American wrestling OVERALL in the early nineties was ALOT for a child to digest.

GREAT POST.

this was the era that I got into wrestling as well.

GWF ON ESPN!!!!!:to: that's my GWF.

and WCW during this time period, was the hardest chit out. it made the WWF look tame in comparison actually.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
WCW will always be my GOAT promotion.

Country wrasslin' + Luchas + Japanese wrestlers + the occasional WWE guy...

Even as a child, I could understand that there was a difference in match quality b/w WCW and WWE.

I had never seen anything like Liger-Pillman @ Superbrawl 2. Early 90's was GAWDLY.

this is also true...im glad that i watched both as a kid...it really shaped my view on what i think pro wrestling should be

Wacky D

PROVOCATIVE POSTING
Daps
sorry for the derailment. just let me shoutout the GWF again and i'll get back on track. but when homie shouted out GWF in this thread, man I lost my mind.

- how about young raven as scott Anthony(GWF light-heavyweight champion) and then as scotty flamingo(WCW light-heavyweight champion)
- GWF doesn't get its credit for pioneering the serious light-heavyweight division. jerry lynn, lightning kid(xpac), chaz taylor, young raven, etc etc
- sting, Hogan, warrior & LOD were the 5 most popular wrestlers, but I felt like the patriot was the 6th man in that scenario, and that roster was low-key stacked.
- ESPN after-school was legendary. monster jam @ 3:30, GWF wrestling at 4pm. get ready for practice @ 5.

this thread took me all the way back to 2nd grade. WWF, WCW, GWF and whatever else I could get my hands on.

WCW will always be my GOAT promotion.

Country wrasslin' + Luchas + Japanese wrestlers + the occasional WWE guy...

Even as a child, I could understand that there was a difference in match quality b/w WCW and WWE.

I had never seen anything like Liger-Pillman @ Superbrawl 2. Early 90's was GAWDLY.

yea, I think a lot of people disregard this time period because it was a mess behind the scenes and it followed that '87-90 NWA era, which is considered the goat.

but it was truly a legendary time period.

Last edited:

Cheercomp

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL

I was right there with you. I was up on WCW earlier than WWF b/c my grandmother had me watching wrestling as a kid with her. I'm talking JYD, Sting, Flying Brian... renting the old WCW and NWA tapes from Wegman's and not realizing that the NWA tapes were edited heavily so you couldn't see full matches. I felt ripped the fukk off as a kid!! Catching PPVs on tape once they hit the video store was the best