Late ’16 Sales Downturn Told Marvel ‘People Didn't Want Any More Diversity’

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The constant events is what initially took me out of Marvel. Some books have recently brought me back like Moon Knight and Sam Wilson (him being Capt feels more organic than the transition to the new Thor, Hulk, and Iron Man).

As far as diversity, I feel DC does it better

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I'm pretty sure that got retconned over the last 17yrs

thats news to me

The constant events is what initially took me out of Marvel. Some books have recently brought me back like Moon Knight and Sam Wilson (him being Capt feels more organic than the transition to the new Thor, Hulk, and Iron Man).

As far as diversity, I feel DC does it better

thats because with thor, there was no transition. the others at least got on due to death legacy reasons. jane being worthy is crazy. i mean how did she get to the damn moon?

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Divided_We_Stand.jpg
No, the problem is women and minorities have to be embroiled in some of social justice to be a damn superhero.

I stopped reading Black Panther because the gender politics swallowed the entire book up.

Bruh, I want to see women and black ppl. But, they don't have to fight the KKK and fight for voter's rights. Those issues are super important, but, not that entertaining.

Daps
Reppin
In The Clouds
No, the problem is women and minorities have to be embroiled in some of social justice to be a damn superhero.

I stopped reading Black Panther because the gender politics swallowed the entire book up.

Bruh, I want to see women and black ppl. But, they don't have to fight the KKK and fight for voter's rights. Those issues are super important, but, not that entertaining.
That's not really what the Black Panther is about though. It's pretty much a three-pronged Civil War. That's just one angle of it and that conflict is over.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
That's not really what the Black Panther is about though. It's pretty much a three-pronged Civil War. That's just one angle of it and that conflict is over.
Bro, I've just about every issue

It's a thinly veined plot to bring the homosexual Dora Mojali, the momma and Shuri to the forefront.

Excuse me for being dense, but, that issue that ended with nothing but women at the table deciding the fate of Wakanda did enough for me.

Daps
Reppin
In The Clouds
Bro, I've just about every issue

It's a thinly veined plot to bring the homosexual Dora Mojali, the momma and Shuri to the forefront.

Excuse me for being dense, but, that issue that ended with nothing but women at the table deciding the fate of Wakanda did enough for me.
I think you're not being open-minded. As for bringing women to the front, Coates said from the jump that he wanted to give women characters more spotlight. Why even mention some of the character's sexuality? That's not relevant unless you're a homophobe mad at 2 gay characters. Their love means less than their purpose as liberators. Basically it sounds like your upset that he gave women a prominent role in the black panther for once. In the end pretty much everyone still ends deferring to t'challa. Is the main villain not a man? The most prominent philosopher? T'Challa's corps and counsel? The arms dealers. See, complaining about a bad story is one thing. You come across as hating prominent female roles period. I'd get if you attacked the story and how it's structured or something (I'm not a fan of the war toen african angle) but it is coming across as you having a problem with a woman's perspective in the black panther. And the women do not make the decisions at the end, they decide to create a democratic instead of an absolute monarchy. It wqd a play on having a seat at the table. How else do you paint the picture of a nation that has lost faith in him than by using his own military to rebel which so happens to be female? Just say you don't like anything with political overtones in your entertainment, but that specific preference has nothing to do with the quality of the story. That's a you thing. And it's weird because you have women occupying so many different roles in the story. You have an outright villain, defenders of the monarchy and those in rebellion.