Late ’16 Sales Downturn Told Marvel ‘People Didn't Want Any More Diversity’

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!
I don't mind them doing what they can to balance the scales in comics so if that's "pc" shyt then so be it. What I DO mind is the constant crossover shyt and constantly rebooting universes even if its just soft reboots. let some shyt play out. Stop giving me an event every few months it seems and then when you do, they're delayed for months AND they're ass cheeks
Yeah I feel ya but why complicate things when you can use what you already have?
Better yet, update or create a totally new black hero for today's audiences. That just feels lazy to me.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah I feel ya but why complicate things when you can use what you already have?
Better yet, update or create a totally new black hero for today's audiences. That just feels lazy to me.

Trojan horse. Which is fukked up but its true. Trojan Horse works a whole lot

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Trojan horse. Which is fukked up but its true. Trojan Horse works a whole lot
Look there are instances where race-changing works I'll admit...even as a kid I just couldn't get into Nick Fury at all. He's was pretty much a product of a another era and not particularly an interesting character with his mannerisms and dialogue. I hated this cac growing up...
Giving him the permanent tan and swag made him interesting and more relatable for me. Mad points now that he was patterned after Sam Jackson.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Look there are instances where race-changing works I'll admit...even as a kid I just couldn't get into Nick Fury at all. He's was pretty much a product of a another era and not particularly an interesting character with his mannerisms and dialogue. I hated this cac growing up...
Giving him the permanent tan and swag made him interesting and more relatable for me. Mad points now that he was patterned after Sam Jackson.

Well it works when you do it in an alt universe thing I guess. Like any difference or iteration they did in the ultimate U was accepted because it was alt universe. Comic book fans are really really touchy about fukking with their main continuity titles. So I wouldn't agree with the guy who made the quote in that the audience is saying it doesn't want diversity. Obviously I don't have the numbers and facts he has, but people just don't like change for the sake of change nor do they like wack comics lol.

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Well it works when you do it in an alt universe thing I guess. Like any difference or iteration they did in the ultimate U was accepted because it was alt universe. Comic book fans are really really touchy about fukking with their main continuity titles. So I wouldn't agree with the guy who made the quote in that the audience is saying it doesn't want diversity. Obviously I don't have the numbers and facts he has, but people just don't like change for the sake of change nor do they like wack comics lol.
True. You have to understand, this is one of a very few genres/mediums that white people are trying to hold on to. They feel they created it, they made the characters but even they see this slipping away slowly but surely seeing the social climate for what it is today and they're going apeshyt.
I just try and encourage black writers and creators to come up with their own stuff and let's not gripe with what cacs wanna give us with throwing the proverbial bone every once in awhile.
If enough black and other minorities throw they're hat in the ring, if we keep getting more proper AA representation's like on Netflix's Lukes Cage...comics are gonna go the way of basketball. We all know they lost that:myman:

Daps
Divided_We_Stand.jpg

Late ’16 Sales Downturn Told Marvel ‘People Didn't Want Any More Diversity’ - UPDATED With New Marvel Statement

Sales are down because Marfools keep changing race/sex of already existing characters to nonwhites. And you know what I think? This is GOOD. White creators are doing this. It sickens me they feel to change the race and hope they will ride the cocktails of his name to the new character. fukk that, create an original character.

@IllustratorMike @satam55 @BXKingPin82

And all the rest of you marfool fans

Comic book sales have been decreasing for decades now, and the sales now are absolutely abysmal. I highly doubt that it is a result of what you are saying. Just like books and newspapers, people are not buying as much print material anymore.