Late ’16 Sales Downturn Told Marvel ‘People Didn't Want Any More Diversity’

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This. I ABSOULETLY HATE when Marvel & DC racebend (or Genderbend) a character for movie & TV shows.

Movie & TV shows are a perfect time to give actual black characters from the comics some shine, even if that means giving them a bigger role than do in the comics.

rocket racer was never that cool.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I feel ya but why complicate things when you can use what you already have?
Better yet, update or create a totally new black hero for today's audiences. That just feels lazy to me.

because it would take years for that character to catch on. I don't know if you realize this but most characters are over 30 years old for them to even get a shot or to develop. the only exceptions I can think of are static shock and Harley quinn but even now it has been about 20 years for Harley and static is struggling in DC.

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Sales are down because shyt is trash. :mjlol:

I'd rather clear out backlogs than read this new shyt they putting out. :camby:

Last decent event was Secret Wars 2 back in 2015-2016 and even then, that shyt hardly made sense and offered no real character development. :snoop:

Why is the best book out about Sam Wilson???? :wtf:

Marvel needs to slow the fukk down with all of this other shyt, fix the fukking X-Men, and go from there. :stopitslime:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

Last decent event was Secret Wars 2 back in 2015-2016 and even then, that shyt hardly made sense and offered no real character development. :snoop:

Marvel needs to slow the fukk down with all of this other shyt, fix the fukking X-Men, and go from there. :stopitslime:

New x book drops tomorrow. Looking forward to it

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY

muthafukkas dont even be reading these books
why its so funny to me when i read "i aint tryna to read this new shyt"
Sam Wilson been dope
Steve Rogers been dope
Hulk been dope
if you wasnt about that NightHawk life you just some freckle face pig to me
Ms.Marvel been dope
RiRi Iron Man been dope
Deadpool consistently been bringing the fukkery
even this new Man-Thing book been good
New Hawkeye
Star-Lord
X-Men seems to be tryna to come back strong
we KNOW Civil Wars was wack!
:beli:
im leaving out a bunch of other good shyt too

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!
because it would take years for that character to catch on. I don't know if you realize this but most characters are over 30 years old for them to even get a shot or to develop. the only exceptions I can think of are static shock and Harley quinn but even now it has been about 20 years for Harley and static is struggling in DC.
Although the bottom line for these companies are profits, I can understand from that perspective but if no effort/strategy is made, still sounds kinda lazy.
And DC has been so erratic with the handling of Static since MCDUFFIE's death that I just don't think they know what they're doing half the time with him nor care :snoop:
No wonder he's struggling now.

Daps
You do know that the X-Men were suppose to be black in the late 60's but due to controversy, Stan Lee created a civil rights storyline around Malcolm X and MLK.

Monsanto

Superstar
Daps
Black characters are boring because they are shoehorned into being a boring character. I can not for the life of me read Falcon because he is a cornball.

Black Panther is cool but outside of DOOMWAR and 3 arcs he's been a mouthpiece and reference for other characters.

Storm was only good during Claremont's glory days.

Bishop became psychotic and is probably the only black character with growth.

Growth is a big piece of why these characters don't work. It could be the talent in the industry or writers overthinking on how black characters are supposed to sound.

Notice how all black characters have passive personalities when talking? That's intentional, unless they are yelling they don't have a distinct voice. I can't decipher personality from black characters anymore.

Daps
Black characters are boring because they are shoehorned into being a boring character. I can not for the life of me read Falcon because he is a cornball.

Black Panther is cool but outside of DOOMWAR and 3 arcs he's been a mouthpiece and reference for other characters.

Storm was only good during Claremont's glory days.

Bishop became psychotic and is probably the only black character with growth.

Growth is a big piece of why these characters don't work. It could be the talent in the industry or writers overthinking on how black characters are supposed to sound.

Notice how all black characters have passive personalities when talking? That's intentional, unless they are yelling they don't have a distinct voice. I can't decipher personality from black characters anymore.
White writers writing black characters makes them 1 dimensional. Blue Marvel, Photon, Blade, Miles Morales are the only ones that stands out. I wish they had many shades of black characters like they have blonde, ginger, brown, brunette white characters. I get tired of seeing every black character as just dark skin.