Last Rites - AMC's Preacher thread

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I am not liking Jesse right now, the lead character should not be unlikable. But it looks like he is going to look for some redemption next week so thats good.

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
Now I get that Quincannon part, the god he serves ain't Jesse's god it's his. So it's like his dad or grandad :wow:

Jesse fukked up :heh:

Good observation :ohhh:, I was wondering how his interpretation of Jesse's word led to him killing a bunch of folks and back to listening to cows being slaughtered :skip:. Now he got the cavalry on Jesse's ass now ready to take the church.

Aside from getting more people to come to his church, he really hasn't done a lot of good with his powers. I'm surprised he didn't try to get Tracy to come out of the coma and not just get her to open her eyes. Eugene's dad must have pulled some strings to get him not locked up :leostare: or in a mental hospital at least.

That whole dinner sit-down was awkward as hell. Vanilla extract in hash-browns though :patrice:

Flashback scenes with young Jesse and Tulip were really well done :ehh:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Now I get that Quincannon part, the god he serves ain't Jesse's god it's his. So it's like his dad or grandad :wow:

Jesse fukked up :heh:
Wait........:ohhh:.........you mean he believes in another type of being.......Levels:wow:
Jessie got a army of cowboys coming to his front door:hamster:
What happen to Cass though??:sadcam:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I think so :lupe:
That scene mirrored the comics more than most of anything they have shown this season. Although I thought the damn crazy grandma story was pretty stupid :manny:
I figured they'd get to it at aome point since he used that arm breaking move on the dude in the first episode. I figured the Grandma storyline was too vicious even for AMC honestly :merchant:I wonder if they'll include The "coffin" punishment :hamster:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
The show finally begins to feel like Preacher and they immediately backslide with this episode.:snoop:

I did like the flashbacks to Jesse and Tulip as kids. It explains a lot about why Tulip is still so devoted to Jesse but it makes Jesse's lack of giving a fukk about her kind of puzzling. I don't know if its direction or Dominic Cooper's acting choice's but its making Jesse seem to not give a fukk about Tulip at all.

Also it seems like they took the Tulip character and split her up into show Tulip and Emily. Because Show Tulip is almost 100% attitude and anti-social personality and then the softer parts have been given to the Emily character.

Not having Cassidy and Jesse's "secrets" known by all four of the main characters by now is not helping things. Tulip should especially know about Jesse having The Word by now.

I am thinking that Eugene's story is not exactly how Jesse described it because that would make the kid really hard to root for. I bet he and the girl had a secret friendship and they made a suicide pact that both of them ended up surviving and because she was popular and Eugene was a bit of a loser the townsfolk just assumed the worst.

And something needs to be done with Jesse because he is an awful c*nt of a character who has early no redeeming qualities. Your lead character can't be this unlikable.

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
The show finally begins to feel like Preacher and they immediately backslide with this episode.:snoop:

I did like the flashbacks to Jesse and Tulip as kids. It explains a lot about why Tulip is still so devoted to Jesse but it makes Jesse's lack of giving a fukk about her kind of puzzling. I don't know if its direction or Dominic Cooper's acting choice's but its making Jesse seem to not give a fukk about Tulip at all.

Also it seems like they took the Tulip character and split her up into show Tulip and Emily. Because Show Tulip is almost 100% attitude and anti-social personality and then the softer parts have been given to the Emily character.

Not having Cassidy and Jesse's "secrets" known by all four of the main characters by now is not helping things. Tulip should especially know about Jesse having The Word by now.

I am thinking that Eugene's story is not exactly how Jesse described it because that would make the kid really hard to root for. I bet he and the girl had a secret friendship and they made a suicide pact that both of them ended up surviving and because she was popular and Eugene was a bit of a loser the townsfolk just assumed the worst.

And something needs to be done with Jesse because he is an awful c*nt of a character who has early no redeeming qualities. Your lead character can't be this unlikable.

They definitely changed Tulip's origin. I like the actress but they definitely made her a harder woman than Tulip in the comics.

I agree with you completely about Eugene's origin.

I like Jesse this way though just because it has fleshed the character out some. In the comic Jesse would take on this air of "I'm the only one who can do this". We're seeing him do it now with horrible results. It's a character trait that should show up more often.

I'm also kind of ok with Quincannon being the original big bad. His story was a major departure the main storyline when it happened. Kind of a jumping the shark really. Better to incorporate it early and then move on from it.

Also it's providing Jesse an opportunity to learn that his powers aren't foolproof.

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
Show has been a letdown. I would of tossed it in the bushes if I never read the comic.

Yes i know it's not supposed to be completely like the comic, but this show isn't very entertaining. A few good things, but overall meh.

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field

It worked for Buffy. :mjlol: