Last Rites - AMC's Preacher thread

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I didn't like it. In fact, the only positive thing I got out of this was a reminder that I should really read the comic again because it's been too long. Adapt a Garth Ennis book but don't go for that unique (necessary) Garth Ennis atmosphere, brehs.

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I didn't like it. In fact, the only positive thing I got out of this was a reminder that I should really read the comic again because it's been too long. Adapt a Garth Ennis book but don't go for that unique (necessary) Garth Ennis atmosphere, brehs.
I think I read that Ennis didn't want them to follow the comic

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
@hexagram23 @Wargames
The fukk is this Grail thing? I just finished the issue where Cassidy found out his gf oded by those drugs because of the party. Speaking of the party what thehell is up with that sex dude that's apparently into some sick shyt??!:merchant::why::huhldup: Ol boy that looks like Blofield from James Bond caught the meanest L imaginable :damn::damn::damn::whoa:. His story about Jessie being some miracle messiah has me kinda lost though :patrice:. Also, did God really bring back Tulip and make it so Jessie could use his power on that sick grandmother of his? Coffin:damn::damn:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
@hexagram23 @Wargames
The fukk is this Grail thing? I just finished the issue where Cassidy found out his gf oded by those drugs because of the party. Speaking of the party what thehell is up with that sex dude that's apparently into some sick shyt??!:merchant::why::huhldup: Ol boy that looks like Blofield from James Bond caught the meanest L imaginable :damn::damn::damn::whoa:. His story about Jessie being some miracle messiah has me kinda lost though :patrice:. Also, did God really bring back Tulip and make it so Jessie could use his power on that sick grandmother of his? Coffin:damn::damn:

What story are you reading? early on? The dude going on about "The vinegar strokes"?

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
:gladbron: oh I remember that shyt! It's the issue where Jessie put the cat in the toilet!

You've just touched the tip of the iceberg, my friend. It'll all be answered soon. :mjlol:

Sidenote: Jessie and Tulip's relationship is one of my favorite in comic history.

Bruh when I read that panel and Jessie was like" you have to see this Cas you'll like it:jawalrus:" I was like wait ....did he put the cat....:dwillhuh:....:patrice:flowerpot...:jbhmm:....:ohhh:.....Oh shyt:ooh::krs::russ::russ::russ::russ:Surprised it survived :dead:

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah this show gonna be divisive as hell I imagine. I thought it was pretty good for the pilot, it ain't must see TV yet tho.

• Dap
Reactions: hex

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
as someone who only read the first like 8 comics (they were on my iphone 5 and i got tired of zooming in to read the shyt lol) i must say that i thought the first ep was pretty solid....i mean its basically only the preacher comic by name but who knows where it could end up. It might follow the comics along the line but just couldnt do it the first ep