Lanisha Cole:""More of our men/artists in the industry should be uplifting us WOC"

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Who teaches leadership? Because that is a skill many don't have and anyone who has worked for someone else will tell you that. If father's left and there is no one to teach men how to lead, what happens. Boys don't raise themselves. Effective leadership is learned. So what then? What is the solution? I want to have this convo.
That's the conundrum, because the very men who can teach that to young boys are now defined as toxic masculinity.

old boy

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
brooklyn
Bw are desperate and, en masse, our men refuse to lead. What you expecting them to do? Wait? Get smutted out my #gmb brehs until they're too old for the market?

I've literally watched in real time as a pro-black family female dates and tries to play the game for years (like, half her child bearing yrs), can't get nowhere, and get brainwashed by these bm- hating wenches. It only works bc there isn't a counter-narrative. Ain't no whole bunch of black men trynna get married out here. So natural biological clock type shyt is being weaponized.

oh word. so the strong & independent, rock, foundation and backbone of the black community looking for male leadership now ma?

nah what sistas want is the protection, provisions and subsidies of patriarchy while maintaining a matriarchal infrastructure.. which of course is impossible. there is no race of men, even the ofays, who take on the responsibility of male leadership without their being inherent benefits in doing so. sure he is to serve, provide and protect his women with the very last ounce of strength in his melanin deficient body. but when it's all said and done it is his legacy. there can't be responsibility without ownership. sistas balk and legit throw fits and the very idea of black men leading the way like arabic, indian and korean men let alone cacs

now i think due to some familiarity with your posting swag that you are in fact a staunch proponent of traditional gender roles & male leadership. but you are hella rare ma. look around you and point out the hordes of black women that are crying out to submit to black male rules & instruction. lol hell naw let's be for real

Grand Eeezus Maxwell

"Time is when, God....lounge!!"
Daps
Reppin
Triple Six Mile
Black men haven't refused to lead, black women have helped the system in sabotaging black male leadership. What I expect black women to do is stop selling out then whining about the results. It's black women who mainly support this LGBT shyt. It's black women who buy into and support this feminism "black patriarchy is evil/oppressive" shyt. It's black women who have bought into this idea that you can raise kids as single mothers in dysfunctional environments without a man being in the household full time. All of that is sabotaging the community and this shyt has been going on for the last 50 years. What the community looks like now is the results.

Since black women are so desperate you'd think that they'd be open and willing to change course, but nah black women are doubling down on the anti black male white liberalism. You say there's not a counter narrative like black women don't help silence the counter narrative. If a straight black man isn't a male feminist gay-tranny supporter then he's toxic according to most black women. If you listen to black women on the internet "hoteps"(straight black men who aren't male feminist gay-tranny supporters) are their biggest enemies.

It's going to get worse before it gets better because liberal whites have realized that if they empower the feminists and gays over straight black men then the community automatically stays weak and dysfunctional.

What does she mean uplift?

Kiss their asses, no matter what.

Last edited:

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
We all know, our fathers chose to check out for whatever reason, real, illegitimate or not, and moms was left holding the bag. I don't like this re-writing of history, unless yall just young and don't know. The single mother epidemic was not a result of feminist rhetoric. Yall are reading red pill shyt and taking on their view of history. That was true for wp, not bp. What happened to black people was de-industrialization. It led to black men feeling peripheral, unneeded (bc 'pink collar' jobs were still popping). Thus, their feelings led to destabilization of the family structure. When a whole neighborhood of men are unemployed, they start drinking, fighting over petty shyt amongst themselves, beating their wives, etc.

I'm not shytting on men, these are facts, and completely understandable if a person (and a society) puts a man's worth at his earning power. Otoh, why would a woman put up with that? Think about your own mothers. What if your fathers got depressed, or had gone to Vietnam, and came back 'wrong'? Would you be mad at your mother for dipping?

Then, here come the generations who grew up without a daddy. The men don't learn how to lead and the women don't learn to be led. We have to stop going over the problem over and over and start working on a solution. In my own life experience, I (and my black man) had to purposefully go about learning these skills. It's not easy, but it's easier than the other way (endless hostility toward your natural partner). We all have work to do, both individually and in pairs.

Men, imo, should re-assert themselves as leaders of families, not as sniping little bytches on twitter. I don't mean taking care of nobody (unless that's your thing), women are willing to work nowadays. But lead. #GMB is the devil. Lead your families, not through the simple biology of manhood, but through actual effective leadership. I have a whole list of things women need to do too, but I'm talking to men rn. Let's all grow up and get to re-building. You can't build a nation without families and, as always, men control commitment.

And women choose the men. I already told you that this is over. If you raise a competent respectable young man. You raised him to marry another group of women.:wow:

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
I said this in another thread but here's my problem with this sentiment. Black boys/men are told that we need to uplift black women, but black girls/women are being told to find love no matter the race or gender. So basically the fate of the black community is put in the hands of straight black men, while at the same time were being told that we're toxic and and should be cancelled.

:wow:

Daps
Reppin
Bucktown, U.S.A. (Harlem, NY) + 'Cuse, NY
:russell: Our community is broken...there's nothing else to be said or done...it's over.

Only thing we can do is make sure our own personal families don't fall into the trap...otherwise this whole "saving the community" shyt is a wash...it's not gonna happen because mentally our community is all over the place.

Like I said just focus on & take care of your own family to save yourself from a headache worrying about these type of things...it's a waste of time.

Honey Bee

All Star
Daps
I said this in another thread but here's my problem with this sentiment. Black boys/men are told that we need to uplift black women, but black girls/women are being told to find love no matter the race or gender. So basically the fate of the black community is put in the hands of straight black men, while at the same time were being told that we're toxic and and should be cancelled.

These two things are being said because black men such as Chris Brown,rappers, and most pro-athlete do not find black women attractive, and in fact sometimes outright disdain black women.

Spectre

Ace Killer OG
Daps
These two things are being said because black men such as Chris Brown,rappers, and most pro-athlete do not find black women attractive, and in fact sometimes outright disdain black women.

Rappers and athletes do not represent most black men.

That's like saying Nikki Minaj represents black women.

Y'all want guys like Chris B but they don't want y'all.

So instead of attacking for only him for the statement, it's gotta be ALL black men now? including white collar and blue collar well to do men busy building legacy despite the odds. Sigh

Gravity

Banned
Daps
Why would I talk about what women need to be doing on predominately male board? I don't like wasting time. I speak on what women need to be doing in women's spaces, though, if you seen my posts on the coli, you'd know my opinions. Other women typically don't like them and refer to me as a pick-me.

As I said in the post you quoted, women don't know how to be led and everybody has work to do. Don't try to suck me into gender war bullshyt. This is a simple sociological problem.
I'm not trying to suck you into a gender war. We're on the same team.

Most people who view this site aren't black men. Plus if you notice, most black men don't even agree with what I said in that post. I get in arguments here with cats who basically say the same thing you said, "all black men gotta do is get their shyt together and black women will follow. It's all on us". I don't agree with that because I don't think it's true. Black women are essential to us turning the community around and our ability to empower ourselves. Black men can't do it without the support of black women because whites have empowered black women over black men.

I don't agree that black women don't know how to be led because black women are led by white men and women with no problems. Black women are being conditioned to not believe in black male leadership.

I'm not even saying that black women need to follow black men. I just think that black women need to stop following white liberalism.

Let me ask you, how do black men re-assert themselves as leaders of the community when they're being raised by women who teach them to be pro gay, pro feminism, anti masculinity and anti traditional family values?

Last edited:

Citi Trends

aka milobased
Daps
Reppin
C.I.T.I
it is so ingrained in our society for it to be perfectly acceptable to completely generalize black men off the smallest occurrences :dead:

how about stop looking for a rapper or athlete then :dead:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
You act like there aren't plenty of examples of dark skin black men being shytted on by black women, so don't act like colorism is a black man problem. There are plenty of black men who got no play from black women because they were too dark, and only became attractive when he got money or showed up with a non black woman on his arm.