Lamar Jackson with an All Time Great TD Run

NoHalfWay

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Those guys aren't his draft peers and they have more games in the league than him. They should be ahead of him as a passer as fellow first round picks who also had prolific college careers. I'm just asking you to logically assess Jackson as a passer not regurgitate a false perception of him. The dude threw the ball about as much as Mahomes did in college but was ust less accurate. A more astute criticism of Lamar would be if he could continue to increase his accuracy as he had been doing in college.
They came into the league as rookie/first year starters being better passers than Lamar is. The way I assess Lamar is he does the most damage destroying the opposition with RPO’s, teams have no answer to guard this guy and his improvement as a passer opens up things more for them. His first year when I saw him he wasn’t accurate, struggled with simple throws, like dude said I saw him as a 1 read QB. I do recall a lot of his WR dropping a lot of good balls tho

The Ravens games I tuned into even this year he wasn’t lighting shyt up throwing the ball. I don’t know if I clearly conveyed it my post but I don’t watch the Ravens like that, so if I came off as dismissive then my mistake. Outside of the NE game, the KC game this year, the Chargers game in the playoffs last season, the only full game I’ve seen him in was against my Bucs last season. And Lamar made an absolute fool out of our defense and dude barely had over 100 yards passing. So in no way am I knocking Lamar, he’s phenomenal and easily a top showman in the league.

I never was on board with the coded phrases used to slander him or other black QB’s with physical tools outside of throwing. But I never looked at Lamar like “damn, this kid gonna torch teams throwing 300, 400+yards over the top”. He’s definitely had those games this year, but his dominance is of a different variety

TheKang

Habitual, Line Steppa
Daps
Reppin
Tampa bytch!
Probably cuz of last year, and the Ravens games I usually tune into he’s not throwing it all over the field. But then the other weeks I peep NFL Redzone and he’s throwing 3, 4, 5 TDs and 300+ yards

His leap from last year is unprecedented
His performance all year should NEGate this debate:lolbron::mjlit::hhh:

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
That's my U of L QB. :to::to::to:

EJCUDfyX0AARjQG

Daps
Dude got moves that most running backs and receivers WISH they had.

Obviously he'll continue to grow as a passer and probably run a little less......but his runs will become more dangerous because you'll have a harder time anticipating when he wants to sit in the pocket vs. throw.

We need this PS5 to come out with Madden...get next generation Lamar. Might have to use a "no Lamar/Baltimore" rule when playing video games. That speed/agility rating is going to be nuts.

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
Imagine being a Dolphins fan, a franchise desperate for a QB, having to watch this brother, a kid from your backyard that your team passed on in order to draft a player that yall ended up trading a year later.

@SoulController how do you do it? :mindblown:

weed and clear liquor.