RENO, Nevada
Regular season award.
203954.png

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
In all seriousness. I like Lamar Jackson. I liked him in college and thought he was a pure and dynamic quarterback. Who made lightening quick plays with his feet and circus passes with his arm. He was told by many teams he was a running back or a receiver but he stayed true to himself and while he wasn't a top 10 pick, the Ravens saw what he could do and drafted him at the end of the 1st round which was a great deal for both teams.

Soon he wins his 1st MVP and becomes one of the faces of league. This young, darkskinned, not especially attractive (QBs are the face of a team), with his heavy Florida accent that stands in stark contrast to his intelligence. I understand why he is so loved in the coli and around Amerca he is us. We are always told we can't do it. We have to work twice as hard to get half as far. But Lamar is a piece of the culture a lot like Allen Iverson was for basketball the antithesis to the clean cut Kobe Bryant (unfair but that was the perception) the same way people see Mahomes the son of a very good athlete and an air maestro in college.

As such Lamar probably feels sick right now as he'll get another MVP but he will be watching the Superbowl as opposed to playing in it. But I think he will get over that hump. He has defied expectations at every juncture down to not hiring an agent and still getting 95% of what he wanted. He just needs to get back to the basics and do what made him great to begin with.

Big Boss

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
In all seriousness. I like Lamar Jackson. I liked him in college and thought he was a pure and dynamic quarterback. Who made lightening quick plays with his feet and circus passes with his arm. He was told by many teams he was a running back or a receiver but he stayed true to himself and while he wasn't a top 10 pick, the Ravens saw what he could do and drafted him at the end of the 1st round which was a great deal for both teams.

Soon he wins his 1st MVP and becomes one of the faces of league. This young, darkskinned, not especially attractive (QBs are the face of a team), with his heavy Florida accent that stands in stark contrast to his intelligence. I understand why he is so loved in the coli and around Amerca he is us. We are always told we can't do it. We have to work twice as hard to get half as far. But Lamar is a piece of the culture a lot like Allen Iverson was for basketball the antithesis to the clean cut Kobe Bryant (unfair but that was the perception) the same way people see Mahomes the son of a very good athlete and an air maestro in college.

As such Lamar probably feels sick right now as he'll get another MVP but he will be watching the Superbowl as opposed to playing in it. But I think he will get over that hump. He has defied expectations at every juncture down to not hiring an agent and still getting 95% of what he wanted. He just needs to get back to the basics and do what made him great to begin with.

Good comparison :ohhh:

Red Money

All Star
Daps

Mike Vick didn't exist same time as Iverson? Vick was a cultural icon etc.

Mike Vick was a big deal in college. Lamar was in Deshawn Watson shadow.

These Lamar Warriors rewrite black QB history a little too often....

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Mike Vick didn't exist same time as Iverson? Vick was a cultural icon etc.

Mike Vick was a big deal in college. Lamar was in Deshawn Watson shadow.

These Lamar Warriors rewrite black QB history a little too often....
I think the Iverson comparison was easier because it's simpler to juxtapose him to Kobe the way you could Lamar and Mahomes.

Vick had...McNabb? But I'm not sure the difference was really that stark.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Man has a perfect team for a qb, we talking actual valuable players in here.

A lot it guys have a perfect team for a QB…. We not doing the nuance thing….. Purdy last night did all the things the so called Elite QBs did for their teams and won.

Something that a lot of these so called forced Elite/special talent QBs can’t and havent

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
A lot it guys have a perfect team for a QB…. We not doing the nuance thing….. Purdy last night did all the things the so called Elite QBs did for their teams and won.

Something that a lot of these so called forced Elite/special talent QBs can’t and havent
Who? Definitely not the 3 names by the person i quoted. Purdy did what he was supposed to do after having a trash game. He managed the game well to close. He benefits the most out of any qb when it comes to scheme and weapons. Because if we taking the meaning of most valuable player, Purdy is the least valuable to his team out of the 3.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Who? Definitely not the 3 names by the person i quoted. Purdy did what he was supposed to do after having a trash game. He managed the game well to close. He benefits the most out of any qb when it comes to scheme and weapons. Because if we taking the meaning of most valuable player, Purdy is the least valuable to his team out of the 3.

It’s crazy how we call what Purdy did a Trash game…. But no one says Love and Joey Allen played trash games and they played worse.

Outside of that spectacular catch by BA, no one of these WEAPONS played a lights out great game

CMC was stifled, Kittles was almost nonexistent (granted he had to help block more), Aiyuk and Deebo had relatively quiet games in comparison to those games they go crazy where yall give all the credit to them to smite Purdy.

Na last night this team won because of the QB

Dude has played now 27 games and only lost like 5 only played subpar in like 3-4

In his second year

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
It’s crazy how we call what Purdy did a Trash game…. But no one says Love and Joey Allen played trash games and they played worse.

Outside of that spectacular catch by BA, no one of these WEAPONS played a lights out great game

CMC was stifled, Kittles was almost nonexistent (granted he had to help block more), Aiyuk and Deebo had relatively quiet games in comparison to those games they go crazy where yall give all the credit to them to smite Purdy.

Na last night this team won because of the QB

Dude has played now 27 games and only lost like 5 only played subpar in like 3-4

In his second year
He has arguably the best rb in the game
Arguably the best te if not 2nd best
Two great weapons at wr

One of if not the best offensive minded coach.

Comparing purdy to qbs who are expected to make something out of nothing at times is disrespectful to those qbs. Purdy a good to great player, but put any of those qbs on sf they'd make playoffs too, where as he may not even make the offs in Buffalo or Baltimore.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
He has arguably the best rb in the game
Arguably the best te if not 2nd best
Two great weapons at wr

One of if not the best offensive minded coach.

Comparing purdy to qbs who are expected to make something out of nothing at times is disrespectful to those qbs. Purdy a good to great player, but put any of those qbs on sf they'd make playoffs too, where as he may not even make the offs in Buffalo or Baltimore.

Fair…. But many other QB have or had great Teammates and Coaches around them but yall never dismiss their accomplishments and praise their surrounding pieces

We don’t say “but Mahomes has the best TE since Gronk, a great RB and weapons like Hill along with the mind of Andy”

Our weapons in compare to the games earlier this season where yes they balled out… didn’t play up to par.

CMC was not the best RB on the field yesterday