Ladies which do you prefer, dark skinned guys or redbone/lightskinned guys?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
One thing that's true in society-----Light skinned nikkaz fell off somewhere in the mid 90's

Especially in the urban community.

Girls got on that chocolate thug/rough neck with the timbs/Morris Chestnut shyt real heavy.

If you a light skinned cat, you gotta go extra hard to compete with that.You better be buffed up, ripped up, tatted up, extra testosterone'd up.

I believe black women have some kind of subconscious animosity in regards to light skinned dudes...They don't like that he's seen as "prettier" than they are.It sorta cancels out her feminine qualities in her mind.

It's not really talked about, but that kind of cross sex envy does exist.

It's the shadow side of all that good light skinned karma from the 80's.

High yellow cats had their pick of the litter back then.They probably shytted on some dark skinned girls who were interested, so in turn, those dark skinned chicks developed that self preserving attitude.In order to do that, you have to knock the person who hurt you down a couple of notches

"too pretty" "not masculine enough" "don't want no nikka in the mirror more than me"

And now that shyt is embedded in their daughters who also, concurrently, came of age in the chocolate thug/timbs/tupac.malika yoba/ morris chestnut nh generation.

Light skinned nikkaz are totally thrown under the bus.Even when females get tired of the dark skinned dudes, the pass over the high yellows in favor of white boys.

Corn ball white boys at that.

Next time you see a light skinned cat out and about, take a real good look at him.They not happy, breh.You see that hint of discontent and sorrow in their disposition nh

PartyHeart

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One thing that's true in society-----Light skinned nikkaz fell off somewhere in the mid 90's

Especially in the urban community.

Girls got on that chocolate thug/rough neck with the timbs/Morris Chestnut shyt real heavy.

If you a light skinned cat, you gotta go extra hard to compete with that.You better be buffed up, ripped up, tatted up, extra testosterone'd up.

I believe black women have some kind of subconscious animosity in regards to light skinned dudes...They don't like that he's seen as "prettier" than they are.It sorta cancels out her feminine qualities in her mind.

It's not really talked about, but that kind of cross sex envy does exist.

It's the shadow side of all that good light skinned karma from the 80's.

High yellow cats had their pick of the litter back then.They probably shytted on some dark skinned girls who were interested, so in turn, those dark skinned chicks developed that self preserving attitude.In order to do that, you have to knock the person who hurt you down a couple of notches

"too pretty" "not masculine enough" "don't want no nikka in the mirror more than me"

And now that shyt is embedded in their daughters who also, concurrently, came of age in the chocolate thug/timbs/tupac.malika yoba/ morris chestnut nh generation.

Light skinned nikkaz are totally thrown under the bus.Even when females get tired of the dark skinned dudes, the pass over the high yellows in favor of white boys.

Corn ball white boys at that.

Next time you see a light skinned cat out and about, take a real good look at him.They not happy, breh.You see that hint of discontent and sorrow in their disposition nh

But Black women don't actually dislike light skin men, so your post doesn't really fit. Black women not having any preference for either/or does not equal hating or having animosity towards light skin men.

YouLoveMe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Miami
I have/had a body type preference, not skin color. All of my exes and my husband are former athletes.

You only date athletes :ohhh: ??

:salute: To for not wanting to settle down with a regular nikka like me who can't buy you the shyt you want.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
But Black women don't actually dislike light skin men, so your post doesn't really fit. Black women not having any preference for either/or does not equal hating or having animosity towards light skin men.

Maybe I should've said "some black women", but I've met sistas who go :scusthov: when talking about light skinned dudes....It exist.

Some black women are prejudice against light skinned dudes.It's easy for them to assume he's a arrogant, soft, pretty boy who probably thinks he's all that.

Like I said, it's the dark side of all the good karma they had in the 80's.When they had the power, some used it recklessly, and hurt a lot of females in the process.

You know they was using their power to pull Vanity/Appollonia type chicks.Dark skinned women were getting shytted on.

And you know how females get when they feel rejected.they develop that "nikka you aint all that:rudy:" type attitude.

The current generation of high yellows have to deal with the repercussions of that time period.

Crazy part about it, dark skinned women, and high yellow dudes should have a stronger bond/good rapport with one another.Presently, they're the two most cast out/ thrown under the bus segments in the black community.

I see dark skinned dudes and light skinned women :win: out here.

But dark skinned women and light skinned dudes? not so much