Ladies do you/would you cook for a man when told so?

Sierra Mist

Banned
Daps
Gonna have to watch every female's move in the kitchen for the rest of my life on some paranoia shyt after witnessing the foolery in this thread. Thanks Elle.:mjlol:

Phoenix_Knightly23

Out of TLR and into the light :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
I don't want to offend but if you're a woman in a long term relationship/marriage then you should be cooking/cleaning for your man. IMO a womans duty is to maintain the household...If your dude is consistently bringing in the bacon and paying the bills to keep a roof over ya head then you should be cooking/cleaning.

If you're both working then both should help to maintain the house/cook...

NahFam

Schemin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
mind on dat mula
I'm pulling out the handcuffs and this
Paddle.jpg
. :lolbron:
:noah: ive been a bad boy today

September

Symbol Of Excellence
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Idaho.
I don't want to offend but if you're a woman in a long term relationship/marriage then you should be cooking/cleaning for your man. IMO a womans duty is to maintain the household...If your dude is consistently bringing in the bacon and paying the bills to keep a roof over ya head then you should be cooking/cleaning.

Would you say it's a man's duty to do the same if the woman is the one paying the bills and doing the maintaining?

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
No. When told so like I'm a gotdamn maid. :rudy: If he asks, now that's different.

Would I prefer to do the cooking? Yes. But I would have a big issue if I come home from work after he does and there's no food on the stove. It would be just a big of problem if I get home from work before he does, and I'm just sitting on the couch. It's stupid and inconsiderate from both ends.

I grew up with both my parents knowing how to cook. My mom did the majority of the cooking because she was and is the better cook. But my dad always came home from work about 3 hours before her. He would defrost the meat and put the beans in water and help her with the salad, the seasoning, whatever if she asked him to. I think that's a great arrangement.

That's a true partnership. I grew up in a household that if my mom does not cook we starve until she made food. My dad would only cook for himself. And my mom worked while my dad had long periods of not working (due to working on his business). I'd never marry a man like that.

• Dap
Reactions: no.

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
I love cooking and it would be great if my husband could set the table.

GzUp

Sleep, those slices of death; Oh how I loathe them
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California

Agree completely

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life

This is the average modern woman's reality but many men refuse to pull their weight in the household.

Phoenix_Knightly23

Supporter
Daps
This is the average modern woman's reality but many men refuse to pull their weight in the household.

Then that's a relationship that the female needs to exit before other lives i.e children are involved.

• Dap
Reactions: Yup

Yup

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Life
Then that's a relationship that the female needs to exit before other lives i.e children are involved.
Total agreement with you. That I think contributes to women filing for divorce more so than men in my opinion. No one wants to feel like they are doing more for the relationship than the other party.

Phoenix_Knightly23

Supporter
Daps
Total agreement with you. That I think contributes to women filing for divorce more so than men in my opinion. No one wants to feel like they are doing more for the relationship than the other party.

Right! That goes for emotional/physical fulfillment as well.

Marriage is difficult sometimes but as long as yall communicate and work TOGETHER then you stand a fighting chance..