LA is grimier than I thought

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
that's LA whether it's a suburb or not:mjlol:

Damn near every city's suburb in the US is an integral part of the actual city. New York is really the only city where it's basically it's own thing

This isn't true, as Westchester and Long Island are basically NY's version of the rest of LA County; the same way the rest of LA County is "the rest of LA", even though it isn't the CITY of Los Angeles you can be from elsewhere in LAC and still reasonably say you're from LA, you can do the exact same thing being from Nassau, Suffolk, or Westchester...

Dudes and girls literally do it all the time. Most people know New Rochelle, Amityville, Uniondale, West Islip, Wyandanch, Yonkers, etc aren't technically New York City but those three counties are integrated into the fabric of New York City and you can say you're from "New York" being from those areas and get away with it. Same way how if someone asks you where specifically you from in LA then locals will know well you ain't from The City, same thing with NY...

Furthermore saying LA looks dusty for a place of hopes and dreams is wack, you realize you can go to wide portions of any cosmopolitan city and make the same claim, right? Half of The Bronx is a dust bowl, Staten Island is an entire suburb, and parts of every other borough have what can be described as "dusty areas"...

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
The suburbs are an integral part of DC.

same with Philly

As for this thread, LA is a gross city. I was stunned at how gross Hollywood Boulevard was.

The further you go away from Hollywood and downtown, the nicer the city is.

They will turn it into a war zone and “clean” it up for the 2028 Olympics.

You must haven't seen San Francisco, might be the nastiest city in the country. Certainly the worst city for black people in the country...

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
IM TALKING ABOUT PLACES
LIKE COMPTON,
SANTA MONICA
AND LONG BEACH WHICH
IS THE PLACE THE THREAD
IS ABOUT.

:devil:
:evil:
All the suburbs close to the city of LA are just as crowded, congested, and have the same problems as the city of LA. Most of the time you can't tell if you're in a different city or not unless you look at the different colored street signs or see a different patrol unit cruising by. The traditional spacious, white picket fence, good school, and nice area suburbs are way way way thirty miles out type shyt. I got tons of fam in Chicago and I used to go out there quite often. Most of them grew up on the westside and in Maywood but now they got nice houses out in Romeoville and Bolingbrook which I considered really nice shyt. In LA you gotta drive far asf to get to those types of suburbs. Inglewood, Compton, Santa Monica, LB, Hawthorne, South Gate, Pasadena, etc, are technically suburbs of LA but in reality they're straight city shyt and everything that it encompasses

Last edited:

JadeB

la force de l'avenir
Daps
This isn't true, as Westchester and Long Island are basically NY's version of the rest of LA County; the same way the rest of LA County is "the rest of LA", even though it isn't the CITY of Los Angeles you can be from elsewhere in LAC and still reasonably say you're from LA, you can do the exact same thing being from Nassau, Suffolk, or Westchester...

Dudes and girls literally do it all the time. Most people know New Rochelle, Amityville, Uniondale, West Islip, Wyandanch, Yonkers, etc aren't technically New York City but those three counties are integrated into the fabric of New York City and you can say you're from "New York" being from those areas and get away with it. Same way how if someone asks you where specifically you from in LA then locals will know well you ain't from The City, same thing with NY...

Furthermore saying LA looks dusty for a place of hopes and dreams is wack, you realize you can go to wide portions of any cosmopolitan city and make the same claim, right? Half of The Bronx is a dust bowl, Staten Island is an entire suburb, and parts of every other borough have what can be described as "dusty areas"...
I'm sorry if I seemed to diss your city:picard:

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired
I agree with @JadeB . Was just there last week and it’s dusty as fukk. Some parts are amazingly beautiful, yet dustier than a bytch.
:yeshrug:

And their hoods aren’t really “hoods”. Drove through The Jungles expecting some Training Day shyt, and it was nicer than a muhfukka with just a bunch of cars on the street with virtually nowhere to park.
:mjlol:

San Diego is getting dusty too though. They aren’t exempt. The entire state of Cali from The Bay on down.
:sas2:

@Savvir I was gonna hit you up too. See if you’d pull up and get it crackin’ like you said. I’ll be back soon, nikka. Maybe in a few weeks.

@Tony D'Amato
@10bandz

Last edited: