LA breh's, what are the differences between Compton, South Central, Inglewood and Watts.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
@Rhakim

how's gardnea? Tyga from there :mjlol: but so is shotgun and paybacc crips :ohhh:
How often did you see homies in lowrider or old school impalas?
What's your opinion on LAPD and LASD?
Do any white folk inhabit these hoods?
Opinions on Big U and Wack 100? :jbhmm:

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Gardena is right in the middle of everything, so it's got to be one of the most diverse cities in SoCal. It borders Compton and it borders Torrance, which have nothing in common. Gardena is mostly middle-class but there are some poor folk and some rich folk. It was also one of the original Japanese-American communities so there are still a lot of Japanese folk there, and more recently Koreans. I lived in a middle-class spot pretty much near the Compton border, most of our homeowners association was made up of black folk and old school Japanese folk but there were latinos and white people too, the old people had mad beef with each other but young people just avoided it. At the same time I was picking up extra money working for a upper-level tutoring agency and I was tutoring the daughter of this rich white Hollywood producer who lived on the beach side of the city (I could tell you who he worked with and people here would crack up....I'll just say that he produced the movies of a breh who is a lot more famous for what he did outside of Hollywood...no guesses or y'all gonna expose me). Basically Gardena can be anything.

I don't have an eye for cars so I'm not the best person to ask...the vast majority of the time I saw lowriders and old school impalas and shyt were when guys were doing events/hangouts, so you'd have 20-30 of them pass you at the same time or they'd all be pulled into some parking lot chilling. I remember a few guys in Inglewood though, once I was waiting at the stoplight near Crenshaw and Manchester and the guy in front of me threw up the hydralics so his left side was a good four feet off the ground while his right side was touching. That kinda shyt was rare though and none of my friends/neighbors rolled that way.

I dealt way more with IPD and IUSD than LAPD and LAUSD. My impression of LAPD is mostly what I see on the news or read in books, lots of corruption, harassment of gang members/communities. i was on a jury for a gang-related case where 6-7 LAPD cops from the gang unit testified and came out of that thinking that a lot of their testimony and practices were bullshyt. They're way understaffed compared to NYPD so there isn't the kind of constant harassment that you get with stop-and-frisk or whatever. But when I was living in South LA for a couple years one of my housemates got thrown to the ground right in our place by the cops, they accused him of throwing drugs to the ground, he didn't have shyt on him and they had zero reason to think he had shyt on him. They had him on the ground for a long time before they finally released him. My only guess is that it was some mistaken identity, or it could have been just blatant harassment. But there wasn't anyone using or dealing in our home at all and they had no reason to suspect it so the harassment was really uncalled for.

LAUSD is enormous and has some good schools and some bad ones. I really don't like their teacher's union and feel that they've hampered development in some ways. I don't have any overriding opinion about them though - I've never directly worked for them or attended any of their schools. Most of what I know is just based on news reports or what I hear through the grapevine from other teachers.

Inglewood used to be a middle-class white suburb back in the 1960s and maybe even 1970s, so back when I lived there you'd occasionally see some old white person who had never moved out. Other than a few remnant old people there might have been at most like one white person per square mile lol. They were either social worker-type people or random immigrants who didn't know better. I'd think Compton/Watts would have even fewer White people than Inglewood, with South LA you see more though cause USC is right there and downtown is close. The gentrification of the area just started though so I haven't seen what impact that has.
cool but by Big U and Wack 100 I ain't talking schools :russ:

this is big u and wack 100
maxresdefault.jpg

Wack-100-5.jpg

Big U a Rollin 60 OG who used to manage Nipsey and extorts rappers who come to L.A. for money and clout. He also does gang intervention and community development for Crenshaw

Wack 100 is a piru/blood from Paciomona I believe who is Game's manager and does the same thing Big U does (extortion) Essentially they trying to be like Suge in the 90s.

I was wondering if you heard about them on the street or if you are aware of their extortion tactics and what your opinion on them was.

that guy

Superstar
Daps
HOLY shyt, IF THIS AINT MENTAL ILLNESS, I DONT KNOW WHAT IS LMFAO

DUDE LITERALLY CHANNELED HIS ANGER INTO TYPING UP A FANTASY NOVEL ABOUT US

:dead:

REAL TALK, THATS GOTA BE ONE OF THE MORE DISTURBING POSTS ON THE COLI I EVER SEEN. SO GLAD TO BE CONSIDERED WOAT ON A FORUM WHERE THIS WEIRDO GOT POSTER OF THE YEAR.
When I get back to the states I’m going to make a thread about @rhakim being an unhinged pathological liar. :mjlol:

Too many posters called this clown out but apparently he has mods under his wing

Last edited:

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Inglewood has a decent shooting range.

Not sure it's still there but I used to go to a 24 hour fitness out there that was nice.

If you want decent rent that's probably the top of thenlost of where you'd move. Watts being the last place