LA breh's, what are the differences between Compton, South Central, Inglewood and Watts.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
Nah, black people started to leave and those areas were cheap enough to move into.

Now the blacks and Mexicans that are there still are starting to get pushed out by white gentrifiers

Yeah I know it's not a case of Mexicans singling out black neighborhoods, but it does seem like the Mexican population is exploding everywhere they can afford to get into (not just California but everywhere, even NYC despite it being expensive).

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
Yeah I know it's not a case of Mexicans singling out black neighborhoods, but it does seem like the Mexican population is exploding everywhere they can afford to get into (not just California but everywhere, even NYC despite it being expensive).

Cac stfu bacctraccing. We know what you meant . Don’t try to switch up like a bytch now

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.
they swear up and down mexicans just took over california

the state is right next to mexico :mjlol:

on top of that nikkas been leaving South Central since the 70s

Facts.

A lot of my family out there moved to the Midwest (Kansas City) in the late 70s.

Daps
Reppin
#RIP Kobe
Facts.

A lot of my family out there moved to the Midwest (Kansas City) in the late 70s.

Damn they was ahead of the pack ! I didn’t start noticing an exodus until early 2000s . San Bernardino was full with LA migrants.. then from there it was to Adelanto, Victorville area... or to Arizona and Vegas. Still going on as we type. Ppl looking for cheap rent

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
@Rhakim has watts always looked so god damn grimy?
what is your opinion on checking in? and if I'm a rapper who never goes to the hood do I need to check in?

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
I didn't know Watts back in the day like that, but it always looked grimey as long as I knew it. :yeshrug:

Then again, probably looks like a resort suburb compared to east coast hoods. :lolbron:

You wanna know what Watts looked like way back in the day though, this is the OG legit Watts movie:

When I moved back to LA I was able to meet with an OG on my street the very first week I moved into the hood. He wasn't actively banging anymore (came to Jesus and reformed his life), but he was respected in the neighborhood and went around and got the word out about who I was and what I was doing and told everyone to treat me good. Never had the slightest problem at all. Then again, I don't know that I would have had a problem - unless your a kid or a mark I feel like gangbangers pretty much leave you alone if you leave them alone.

If you don't go to the hood I don't know why the hell you would check in. Unless you are associating with people in your videos or something. But I'm not in the rap game at all so maybe there are rules I know nothing about. From my perspective it sounds like a weird question to even ask though.

If you get jumped though I didn't know nothing and you were stupid to listen to me. :hubie:

when did you move to L.A.? if you were listening to a rival gang member's album (like listening to dj quik in a crip hood) would anything happen? Do mexicans set trip if they see blacks with they women? Opinions on Long Beach?

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
I lived in LA when I was a little kid, but then my dad moved us up to Portland for work and I didn't move back until 1997.

I never bugged at all about who I was playing. Then again I'm trying to think of who I play who is affiliated....um, Snoop? Nate Dogg? No one gonna be tripping off of them obviously. It used to be the local rapper I heard about being affiliated the most was Mack 10, but no one really talked about him like a banger banger and I can't imagine being scared to play him in a crip hood. Maybe in a certain circumstance you could have a blatantly associated rapper that you couldn't play in a really tight-wound hood, but I have a hard time imagining fools being that uptight. Unless if seems like you were being overt with it, shoving it in their faces and trying to start shyt or something.

There's way too much IR dating in LA for anyone to trip like that, but you can always find someone who's trying to find a reason to start a fight, you know?

Long Beach is big. There's like half a million people in Long Beach, it's as big as Sacramento or Oakland all by itself. So there ain't just one thing you can say about it. I honestly haven't spent much time there. Randomly my daughter was born there though, so that's what it will always say on her birth certificate, and I'm cool with that.
full

I had a conversation a couple years ago with some cats comparing Long Beach to the big cities up North: Oakland, Sacramento, San Jose. It was an interesting convo, and the general thought was that Long Beach is really comparable to all three (just with a SoCal twist), because all three if those cities bout the same size. Downtowns, neighborhoods, etc. I used to look at LB like an LA suburb, and I guess technically it is, but dudes were telling me places like Lakewood and into Orange County are Long Beach suburbs, so it's like an urban suburb with it's own suburbs...

Never had a reason to head out that way, though!

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
I had to log out to see who you were talking about, I've had both those fools on ignore for like two years now. :dead:

The beef is dumb as hell - I don't even know either one of them like that. It started when the pudgy little one dropped me a message one day and asked if I would take him to some pickup games in the city cause he'd never been south of the 101. I told :wtb: that I could tell him where brehs play and he could take his own self to a game, but he said he don't go to new courts without a buddy and he didn't know anyone in "the wood". It sounded lame but I felt bad for him cause he was talking scary so I gave in.

We met at a parking garage on 6th in Santa Monica cause :wtb: didn't want to leave his car parked on the street in the hood. I get there and find out he brought All Caps without warning me. He said they were a team and the All Caps car had a flat and his parents hadn't sent their guy to fix it yet. I mean, All Caps got out of the passenger side looking like a tall hairy Tamir Goodman,
full
I knew he was gonna get clowned. I said F it and gave them both a ride.

I was originally planning to take them to Centinela but
full
was talking way loose quoting DBAMTSCWDYJITH in a fake accent. I thought he might offend someone and goons show up at Centinela from time to time so we went to Darby instead. It was a Sunday and there were gonna be family bbq and such so I figured
full
couldn't get into too much trouble. Besides, daytime basketball on the outdoor courts sucks at Darby and that looked like it would probably be as much competition as either of these guys could handle.

We roll up and I was relieved right away cause my token :flabbynsick: Mexican neighbor was out there in his baggy shorts and he's always nice to everyone. There were a couple guys shooting around who I hadn't seen before. Some other regulars showed up and myself and a homie of mine claimed captains cause we play there the most. I was gonna pick
full
cause I was afraid he wouldn't get to play otherwise, but the other captain blew my mind and picked him first, I guess he figured I wouldn't bring a White guy to the courts unless I was trying to hustle. Teams ended up being me, the Mexican and :wtb:versus my homie,
full
and one of the guys I didn't know.

So we get to playing and the guy I didn't know was pretty good, him and my homeboy would have rolled us easy, but
full
over there was like a black hole for their team, he couldn't touch the ball without shooting. And every damn time he shot he kicked one of his legs out and called "foul!" if he missed, even though the contact was his own damn fault. :childplease: I got a short fuse and was getting really pissed off, plus both his teammates were heated cause
full
was bricking long 1s left and right. :childplease:

Things boiled over when
full
called for a screen and the guy I didn't know actually gave him one, but then
full
shot instead of going around, only he was off balance so when he kicked out his leg he hit his own teammate in the nuts. The breh pulled right up and swung, would have slept him except
full
was already falling down so he got lucky and slipped under it. :wtb: rushes in to defend his homeboy, but then the new guy's girl flew in off the sidelines to back her man. :krs: She had been sitting there filing her damn nails the whole time and still had her nail file out, I think that :wtb: thought it was a blade cause when she rushed in he hightails it out of there with speed I ain't never seen. Like the man was legit fast, he was across the other end of the park, over the football field, and jumped the fence and was running down PIncay while we were still just standing there like :wtf: trying to process what just went down. Things were getting too real for
full
so he went :hubie: and called it a game. I was relieved cause I didn't want to take responsibility for his fool ass play any longer.

So then
full
asks me for a ride home because he doesn't know where :wtb: went. Turns out he doesn't even really live in SFV but was all the way over in Simi Valley, no way I was gonna waste my Sunday going there and back. :rudy: I told him :wtb: probably just caught a bus to Santa Monica and he should do the same. He said he didn't know if :wtb: would wait for him and the fool had left his cell phone when he ran. I said fukk that, I ain't driving all the way to Simi Valley and back on my weekend. So I called for next game and
full
called his parents to have their driver pick him up, and just sulked on the side of the court giving me the evil eye until the driver got there.

I never saw either one of them in person again, but ever since then they've had mad beef with me online. I know they ain't coming back to Inglewood, so online trash talk is all they really ever gonna do. :yeshrug:

Last time I ever gonna ball with guys from the Valley. :scust:

yo @Sccit you ever see this long ass fake story this breh typed about us? :laff:

nikkas here really think he's a legit poster though :laff:

Sccit

LA'S MOST BLUNTED
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LOS818ANGELES
yo @Sccit you ever see this long ass fake story this breh typed about us? :laff:

nikkas here really think he's a legit poster though :laff:

HOLY shyt, IF THIS AINT MENTAL ILLNESS, I DONT KNOW WHAT IS LMFAO

DUDE LITERALLY CHANNELED HIS ANGER INTO TYPING UP A FANTASY NOVEL ABOUT US

:dead:

REAL TALK, THATS GOTA BE ONE OF THE MORE DISTURBING POSTS ON THE COLI I EVER SEEN. SO GLAD TO BE CONSIDERED WOAT ON A FORUM WHERE THIS WEIRDO GOT POSTER OF THE YEAR.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Compton nikkas gutter, LA nikkas flashy, Watts nikkas project babies, Inglewood nikkas bangers who people’s had some money, Long Beach nikkas skateboard crips
Negative long Beach was definitely active when I lived there and I lived in Compton as well went to church in watts