KRS One : "I Can't Make Money In The U.S.A. Due to Lack Of Respect Of Hip Hop"

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
That's not true, and he is Hip Hop, he never said he is the sole controller of Hip Hop but that he lives and breathes Hip Hop, which he clearly does.

Ok that's your preference but KRS is regarded as 1 of the best performers in history. KRS is propelled by classic songs and albums, being an incredible MC with a huge amount of content and timeless music and by being 1 of the greatest rappers of all
time to many.

KRS and Domingo are cool now and have worked together.
What he tried to do with that campaign was embarrassing and lets not forget that attitude led to him picking a battle with Nelly... You would think he had that in the bag but Nelly pulled a miraculous win in that situation. All because KRS was thirsty. He had no leg to stand on in that beef. To me that moment cemented how his arrogance had got the best of him.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You do have an idea because you added on more career choices than I did.

Its not. The youth want to be young wild and free NOT lectured about responsibility. They want entertainment and instant gratification.

Face it. His fans in his prime abandoned him so he's forced to sell his services overseas where there's a market.

There's nothing wrong with that.

A wealthy intelligent individual adapts....and he did to some extent but all this moaning Is unnecessary.

I don't know what you were talking about because you said he hasn't done anything else when he has.

KRS isn't a microwave ignornant artist certainly, can agree with that, he's an artist with depth and substance.

KRS is still making a great living off something he loves to do and is great at and he inspires, teaches and entertains people worldwide, most people would love to have the success KRS has had.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
That's not true, and he is Hip Hop, he never said he is the sole controller of Hip Hop but that he lives and breathes Hip Hop, which he clearly does.

Ok that's your preference but KRS is regarded as 1 of the best performers in history. KRS is propelled by classic songs and albums, being an incredible MC with a huge amount of content and timeless music and by being 1 of the greatest rappers of all
time to many.

KRS and Domingo are cool now and have worked together.
He hasn't made a dope album since the 90' s

I stopped checking for him since hiphop lives with Marley marl.

Yoda

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Hip Hop
krs exaggerates and trolls more than ME!
and im king of over-hyping shyt

"if kool moe dee never won the battle, we d all be rapping like ba-wa-da-ba ding dang diddy right now. i promise you that"

foh with that weird ass imagination u have krs one.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What he tried to do with that campaign was embarrassing and lets not forget that attitude led to him picking a battle with Nelly... You would think he had that in the bag but Nelly pulled a miraculous win in that situation. All because KRS was thirsty. He had no leg to stand on in that beef. To me that moment cemented how his arrogance had got the best of him.
Wasn't embarrassing at all, that's just your perspective. It was fantastic what he did and still does. He's a hall of fame artist without question. And that's not what happened either, Nelly dissed KRS first and KRS replied and killed him. If you post the lyrics to the songs it's clearly apparent Nelly was slaughtered in the battle, is really not close, I don't even understand how anybody could consider anything else other than being manipulated by the media or not knowing any better.

But you're entitled to your opinion, but ultimately KRS will go down indisputably as an absolute legend and icon in Hip Hop.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Wasn't embarrassing at all, that's just your perspective. It was fantastic what he did and still does. He's a hall of fame artist without question. And that's not what happened either, Nelly dissed KRS first and KRS replied and killed him. If you post the lyrics to the songs it's clearly apparent Nelly was slaughtered in the battle, is really not close, I don't even understand how anybody could consider anything else other than being manipulated by the media or not knowing any better.

But you're entitled to your opinion, but ultimately KRS will go down indisputably as an absolute legend and icon in Hip Hop.
He is a legend and icon regardless. I won't dispute that. Personal shyt aside I won't ever front on artistry but hey budget beats budget crowds. Gotta pay to play. Even ra had a monster hit out the blue with truth hurts and Dr. Dre been out as long as KRS too... Still eating, Cube too AND in America Just saying :manny:

erickonasis

Resident Oldhead
Daps
Reppin
Philadelphia
you can't blame him, people don't want to listen to rap that isn't dumbed down. his last album he's rapping about shyt that's going on right now. everybody just want to turn up and not realize it's more than that in hip hop.
This x 10000

The Bookie

I live by two words: Fcuk you, pay me
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
Those artists at one point had hit songs, number one albums, etc. Nostalgia acts thrive off of the fact that they have popular songs that people still love and want to hear live.

No disrespect to KRS-ONE, but he doesn't have one song that could be considered a hit. His run was before rap was mainstream and all over the TV and radio, and whether people want to admit it or not rappers from his era are very niche acts. If KRS-ONE had multiple hit songs in his catalog or even a brief period of mainstream relevancy he'd be able to tour like the rock acts that are still making good money on the road.

If only he had song like "Flashing!:krs: Lights!:krs: Cameras!:krs:" :jbhmm:

I love the tears of bitter, self-righteous, New York rappers from the 90s.

StretfordRed

Afro-European
Daps
Those artists at one point had hit songs, number one albums, etc. Nostalgia acts thrive off of the fact that they have popular songs that people still love and want to hear live.

No disrespect to KRS-ONE, but he doesn't have one song that could be considered a hit. His run was before rap was mainstream and all over the TV and radio, and whether people want to admit it or not rappers from his era are very niche acts. If KRS-ONE had multiple hit songs in his catalog or even a brief period of mainstream relevancy he'd be able to tour like the rock acts that are still making good money on the road.

What is this madness you're talking about :why:..you white folk on here are losing your cotdamn minds boy

The thing is KRS, it's not only original acts that are getting world wide love. Dilated Peoples, Mobb Deep, Pusha T, Royce da 59, etc all have extended tours around Europe and Asia.

The main reason is that we don't get pushed the bullshyt on the radio like you do, so we generally find the jewels a lot more easily. Yes, the more commercial cats can come out here and shut it down, but the "others" can do it so much more easily.

For example tonight I'm going to see DJ Maseo (De La Soul) just play 45's all night, tomorrow he is doing a "J Dilla Changed My Life " set, last month Bobitto was down here doing his thing, DJ Premier has been killing it over in Australia for almost a month straight.

I'm strongly think the rest of the world being outside of the bubble helps these other artists shine a lot brighter

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't know what you were talking about because you said he hasn't done anything else when he has.

KRS isn't a microwave ignornant artist certainly, can agree with that, he's an artist with depth and substance.

KRS is still making a great living off something he loves to do and is great at and he inspires, teaches and entertains people worldwide, most people would love to have the success KRS has had.

You said he's an author/lecturer/activist which are just really extensions of his art

It's not as if he became an actor like LL or full fledged record label exec
or took up a political position...

Microwave ignorant artist or not...his US fans from the 80s have abandoned him
They don't purchase his music or attend his shows like they did before...

That's a fact.

He is disgruntled by this

That's a fact.

Let's not speculate on what most people would or wouldn't do...
because I could easily say most people would face facts and accept
that being bitter won't change anything....