KRS One : "I Can't Make Money In The U.S.A. Due to Lack Of Respect Of Hip Hop"

THEREALBRAND

Eterno Menino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Eu Sou O Segundo
Washed up Rock stars are still eating lovely.

Those artists at one point had hit songs, number one albums, etc. Nostalgia acts thrive off of the fact that they have popular songs that people still love and want to hear live.

No disrespect to KRS-ONE, but he doesn't have one song that could be considered a hit. His run was before rap was mainstream and all over the TV and radio, and whether people want to admit it or not rappers from his era are very niche acts. If KRS-ONE had multiple hit songs in his catalog or even a brief period of mainstream relevancy he'd be able to tour like the rock acts that are still making good money on the road.

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
KRS is the most misunderstood artist by some, he is so intelligent he often goes over a lot of people's heads and they misinterpret his points. He is a highly intelligent individual...

His era pre-dates the golden era of mainstream rap. He never evolved into anything else beyond being an artist/activist so whose to blame ?

Where is the accountability if he's so intelligent ?

He's a pioneer true....but his music isn't for the youth of today.

This would be like the inventor of the internet complaining about Facebook/Youtube/Twitter billion dollar valuations.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
His era pre-dates the golden era of mainstream rap. He never evolved into anything else beyond being an artist/activist so whose to blame ?

Where is the accountability if he's so intelligent ?

He's a pioneer true....but his music isn't for the youth of today.

This would be like the inventor of the internet complaining about Facebook/Youtube/Twitter billion dollar valuations.
His era was what people called the golden age and he was dropping classics in the 90's too which is probably deemed the best era. I have no idea what you're talking about, he's an artist, activist, author, lecturer and much more.

His music is for the youth of any day, them being brainwashed doesn't change that.

He's also wealthy, highly successful and 1 of the greatest legends of all time cemented in Hip Hop history.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
KRS is the most misunderstood artist by some, he is so intelligent he often goes over a lot of people's heads and they misinterpret his points. He is a highly intelligent individual...
No he is a very egotistical self absorbed dude. His I am rap phase hurt him. He literally wanted to be the last word on the whole genre of rap.

I support legends and have seen many in concert. He is one dude I was never into. KRS was propelled by his voice and delivery not flow or lyrics.

Ask him what's good with Domingo?

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
His era was what people called the golden age and he was dropping classics in the 90's too which is probably deemed the best era. I have no idea what you're talking about, he's an artist, activist, author, lecturer and much more.

His music is for the youth of any day, them being brainwashed doesn't change that.

He's also wealthy, highly successful and 1 of the greatest legends of all time cemented in Hip Hop history.

You do have an idea because you added on more career choices than I did.

Its not. The youth want to be young wild and free NOT lectured about responsibility. They want entertainment and instant gratification.

Face it. His fans in his prime abandoned him so he's forced to sell his services overseas where there's a market.

There's nothing wrong with that.

A wealthy intelligent individual adapts....and he did to some extent but all this moaning Is unnecessary.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Nas and Jay still eating, Snoop, I'd rather even hear Slick or Kane and G rap on a record... Ask KRS how he did Premo and other top producers and even small guys. At the prime of his career with a gold record he asked Premo who made it happen to offer him beats for less than 5K in the era where he is doing Nas is like and records for hov. He just played himself. He thought he could ride budget beats for life because he is hip hop. Got deals with koch and made albums without paying producers. I'm not one to shyt on a legend but you gotta be transparent if you're going to play the victim card.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No he is a very egotistical self absorbed dude. His I am rap phase hurt him. He literally wanted to be the last word on the whole genre of rap.

I support legends and have seen many in concert. He is one dude I was never into. KRS was propelled by his voice and delivery not flow or lyrics.

Ask him what's good with Domingo?
That's not true, and he is Hip Hop, he never said he is the sole controller of Hip Hop but that he lives and breathes Hip Hop, which he clearly does.

Ok that's your preference but KRS is regarded as 1 of the best performers in history. KRS is propelled by classic songs and albums, being an incredible MC with a huge amount of content and timeless music and by being 1 of the greatest rappers of all
time to many.

KRS and Domingo are cool now and have worked together.