KRS One : "I Can't Make Money In The U.S.A. Due to Lack Of Respect Of Hip Hop"

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
There is a lack of longevity in rap among the younger crowd.

Back in the day 1 album lasted years but now rappers are pushing it out left and right in lower quality.

Then you add mostly one type of rap getting the most push there shows a lack of variety.

So I can see why he would be pissed. Many legends of other genres still eat after all of these years.

Last edited:

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Washed up Rock stars are still eating lovely.
who said they arent

although they still arent eating like they did in their prime. like this dude is talking about 'i cant make money' when you would think for a dude like krs after 30 years, it wouldnt even be about that at this point. i would hope he invested and spits because he loves it

Entrapta310

:umad?:
Daps
why is he blaming the government? some of these places are musically behind us.
switzerland is breaking in the streets and have graffiti and all that ish because it wasnt their culture since recently. thats why KRS ONE gets love there. he's new and fresh to them.
he wasnt on the airwaves in the 80's and 90's. most countries are just NOW getting on the hip hop rap wave. trust they werent there in the late 90's.
only a few countries. and there are MANY countries.
its not the government. its the people and their upbringings.
america put krs one on the shelf for good. other countries are pikking him up instead to appreciate and are loving him.

SirBiatch

Prince of Persia. Stalked for daps
Daps
this dude dropped before i was born. how long can you really expect to eat in the rap game? are 80s nba dudes complaining about not getting checks?

Exactly.

On one hand, I totally agree that hip hop of the last 10-15 years doesn't respect its pioneers, and is worse off for it, but at the same time - the beauty of hip hop is that it's truly fair competition at its core. If you're not excelling anymore, bow out and let the next man rock.

When was the last time KRS made an undeniably dope song? "Hip Hop Lives?" Dude should tour from time to time and find another passion. There's a lot of other work to be done.

Blackout

just your usual nerdy brotha
Daps
who said they arent

although they still arent eating like they did in their prime. like this dude is talking about 'i cant make money' when you would think for a dude like krs after 30 years, it wouldnt even be about that at this point. i would hope he invested and spits because he loves it
They still eat more than rappers.

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
He must mean by putting out new music because KRS can tour and still make dough like Rakim and Kane are doing right now.

Flav

Where the dice game at?
Daps
This is part of the reason I lost respect for him years ago.

When you don't know when to get out of the way, you get ran over...and he's been bitter about that for a while now.

this dude dropped before i was born. how long can you really expect to eat in the rap game? are 80s nba dudes complaining about not getting checks?

you can't compare a rapper to a athlete. A 80s rapper just have to keep up mentally. A athlete got to keep up physically & mentally.80s rappers got played out cause HipHop stereotype of being a "young man game". You don't see white people telling Led Zeppelin and all those rock legends to get off the stage and quit singing because they are too old.

Hood Critic

The Power Circle
Daps
Reppin
דעת
you can't blame him, people don't want to listen to rap that isn't dumbed down. his last album he's rapping about shyt that's going on right now. everybody just want to turn up and not realize it's more than that in hip hop.
That's my issue, how can you complain that there is no respect when your core audience isn't shopping with you?

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you can't compare a rapper to a athlete. A 80s rapper just have to keep up mentally. A athlete got to keep up physically & mentally.80s rappers got played out cause HipHop stereotype of being a "young man game". You don't see white people telling Led Zeppelin and all those rock legends to get off the stage and quit singing because they are too old.
nah i know obv theres the physical/rapping comparison which doesnt hold up

im just wondering who this dude is really bytching to :yeshrug: