[Kotaku] "MSFT taught me..." Downloads coming to Playstation Now Later This Year

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Source: Playstation Now Will Offer Downloads Later This Year

A rumour recently did the rounds suggesting that Sony's PlayStation Now service, which is basically an on-demand games library that can be streamed, would be getting offline functionality. An industry source was able to confirm to Kotaku UK that downloads are coming to Playstation Now , and add some detail.

The functionality is due to roll out in late September this year, but will be limited to PlayStation 4 games (at least initially).

The games you download will work in the same way that PlayStation Plus games do: that is, they'll work as long as you have an active PS Now subscription, and should be playable offline on your primary PS4. Much like other PlayStation content, the games can also be played on other accounts that share the same PS4.

It seems strange that Sony omitted this news from the company's E3 conference, where it may have added pizzazz to a rather by-the-numbers show.But there we are: for those of us who maybe aren't on the best connections, PS Now will get a lot more attractive later this year.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
As expected no PS3 games.
Sony can make an emulator to run PS3 games. They are just making excuses. I can understand why when you consider what they invested in by purchasing Gaikai (bad move).

PowerPC this, Cell processing that is all bs. Sony has all the tools at their disposal to do it. A team full of nerds on the PC getting AROUND system security and nowhere near the experience nor budget to do it is getting it done.

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Sony can make an emulator to run PS3 games. They are just making excuses. I can understand why when you consider what they invested in by purchasing Gaikai (bad move).

PowerPC this, Cell processing that is all bs. Sony has all the tools at their disposal to do it. A team full of nerds on the PC getting AROUND system security and nowhere near the experience nor budget to do it is getting it done.
But it isn’t BS. The fact that their still isn’t a fully functioning PS3 emulator in existence by the hacker/mod community shows this.

Are you really denying the cell was a cluster fukk and difficult to work with and still is?

Some of you have been on this the PS3 is about to have an emulator any day wave for years now and it still hasn’t happened.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Those PC nerds you brought up aren't running that emulator on a jaguar based CPU or equivalent. You should know this man. I still haven't seen someone show me proof of a PS3 emulator running fine on a jaguar like system.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
But it isn’t BS. The fact that their still isn’t a fully functioning PS3 emulator in existence by the hacker/mod community shows this.

Are you really denying the cell was a cluster fukk and difficult to work with and still is?

Some of you have been on this the PS3 is about to have an emulator any day wave for years now and it still hasn’t happened.
There's is a functional Emulator.

If random guys in their basement can get a PS3 emulator working, then Sony definitely can.

They chose not to do they can keep selling classics/remasters.

That's it. Quit with the excuses for their pockets :martin:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
There's is a functional Emulator.

If random guys in their basement can get a PS3 emulator working, then Sony definitely can.

They chose not to do they can keep selling classics/remasters.

That's it. Quit with the excuses for their pockets :martin:
By functional you mean can barely run a handful of games.:comeon:

Again, I said fully functional. Reading is fundamental.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Those PC nerds you brought up aren't running that emulator on a jaguar based CPU or equivalent. You should know this man. I still haven't seen someone show me proof of a PS3 emulator running fine on a jaguar like system.
If it could be done, I'd expect Sony to be the ones to do it. Not some random who doesn't understand how the system works.

Or atleast give us ps2 psx backwards compatibility. The fact that we dont atleast have those two systems is enough to conclude that it's about money