Korea does not accept Lil Debbie.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
This is why I say.

Any anime.
after the communications act.

Is a bad deal for black people. As the culture and art houses that produce these works. Are welled in social dynamics. Where freedom has never taken place. So you get weird social ideals. Plus no clear ideal of save the day in content.
Or mores and norms that preach freedom.
So it makes material.
that is not conducive.
to or for a child.

Art Barr
:rudy:

i watched pokemon, sailor moon and Dragonball Z when i was a kid and I never developed body image issues because of it. just enjoyed the entertainment and left it at that. theres a whole bunch of gen-z adults who grew up on more anime than we did and i'm pretty sure they're overweight by western standards, their body standards is just not something thats bleeding over here like that.

Last edited:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Mental illness.

No the fukk we don't :dahell: if you like anorexic chicks that's your business
I posted a thread about the top prescribed medications in America:

Number one is Lipitor for heart disease/cholesterol.

There are various threads on the coli and the internet as a whole talking about the obesity problem.

You talk to anyone, older people especially...and what do they say about the most important things in life? Pretty much all of them say two things: Family and Health. And few people ever act on it.

Perhaps on the extremes, anything is harmful. Crazy, abusive, emotional attacks on someone for their appearance is evil shyt.
But I'd argue that's exceedingly rare.

You can't even SUGGEST to people now that they're getting out of shape and unhealthy, because these days we must protect feelings at all costs. Literally all costs -- people are going broke paying these crazy health insurance premiums and prescriptions prices.

So maybe a wooden structure hinting at people that they might need to focus on their size isn't the worst thing in the world.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Yes, heart disease sucks, that doesn't mean we should encourage eating disorders and body dysmorphia :dahell:

And it's a myth that only fat people have those problems. Gotta take a BP pill myself and I'm like 160 soaking wet.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yes, heart disease sucks, that doesn't mean we should encourage eating disorders and body dysmorphia :dahell:

And it's a myth that only fat people have those problems. Gotta take a BP pill myself and I'm like 160 soaking wet.
One of these things is worse.
And between obesity and and anorexia...

Anorexia isn't the bigger problem

:unimpressed:

Van Cleef

All Star
Daps
I posted a thread about the top prescribed medications in America:

Number one is Lipitor for heart disease/cholesterol.

There are various threads on the coli and the internet as a whole talking about the obesity problem.

You talk to anyone, older people especially...and what do they say about the most important things in life? Pretty much all of them say two things: Family and Health. And few people ever act on it.

Perhaps on the extremes, anything is harmful. Crazy, abusive, emotional attacks on someone for their appearance is evil shyt.
But I'd argue that's exceedingly rare.

You can't even SUGGEST to people now that they're getting out of shape and unhealthy, because these days we must protect feelings at all costs. Literally all costs -- people are going broke paying these crazy health insurance premiums and prescriptions prices.

So maybe a wooden structure hinting at people that they might need to focus on their size isn't the worst thing in the world.

i called this one girl a fat bytch... i feel bad now

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Why people think they can fatshame their society out of an obesity epidemic?

That seems so backwards and doesn't hold under even a little bit of scrutiny.

It's not even like it's an either/or situation, it's just a wrong solution being repeatedly brought up like trying to force a triangle in a circular hole

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Why people think they can fatshame their society out of an obesity epidemic?

That seems so backwards and doesn't hold under even a little bit of scrutiny.

It's not even like it's an either/or situation, it's just a wrong solution being repeatedly brought up like trying to force a triangle in a circular hole
Why do people deny shame as a legitimate, natural emotion that inherently exists to correct bad behavior?

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Why do people deny shame as a legitimate, natural emotion that inherently exists to correct bad behavior?

Shaming is:

❌ not legitimate in this context
❌ not "natural" in the sense I believe you're using
❌ not an emotion, but a socially constructed behavior
✅ indeed a possible mean of attempting to control the occurrence of a behavior within a group

But fukk all that: it just doesn't work in this specific context.

If we know that fatshaming:
  • doesn't lead to better results for fat people, and sometimes even worse results in terms of weight loss
  • comes with a lithany of other psychological issues, some of which we can witness right in the OP
  • doesn't address what we already know are the root causes of obesity in western societies
And we still trying to bring it back up... Well :manny:

iu

Disclaimer: this post probably reads very condescending but I truly don't want to be and mean no disrespect.