Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
What?!? :pachaha: You really think i'm not gonna take my custom built game engine code and engineers with me since y'all fired me... good luck working with the engine when it's missing vital components... Look at infinity ward...
Kojima better not announce going to work for some cacs . He will probably end up like zero

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Kojima doesn't own the Fox Engine

Your right he doesnt own it, but if you fire the entire design enginerring team and creative head that knows how it works.... then?!?!?! :francis:

Although the other report said Konami couldnt use the Fox engine anyways..

Edit: The release of Silent Hills for PS4, Xbox One, and PC has been allegedly cancelled due to the departure of Kojima Productions from Konami, according to recent reports online.

"Silent Hills has been cancelled. Hideo Kojima did not allow Konami to use the Fox Engine :youngsabo: to make the game and Konami has since put the game on ice and my sources tell me that the project is now effectively cancelled," Cyberland reports.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: Ns

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Oh its official... MgsV will be his last project under konami... :mjcry:
:beli:I know that this is his last project directly under Konami. What I'm saying is that at this point it's premature to say that Silent Hill has been officially cancelled. They've made a bunch of Silent Hill games without Kojima. As of right now, what it looks like is that they may not have Kojima's team behind the Fox Engine. Like I said, it's very likely the game will be cancelled, but nothing is official as of yet.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Well the the HideoKojima version of silent hills is cancelled if you wanna be specific. I mean if konami wants to do it again with lout kojima and del toro behind it then fine but that p.t. demo was insane and got a lot of good will. Its not gonna be the same.

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
I just hope mgs5 is the send off this great franchise deserves :mjcry:
Well, since they didn't wanna port MGS4 to xbox, its been all downhill for them nikkaz.
Basically another SONY developer bites the dust. Now those fanboys have literally NOTHING to point to as an exclusive worth talking about. Or we can call this an even trade :laff:

Uncharted team :deadmanny:
MGS team :dead:
LBP team :deadrose:
Twisted Metal team :rip:

I can go on, or I can act like the team behind Phantom Dust was a big blow to our portfolio? :win:

The real reason Kojima left is because he peeped how the XB1 would out perform the PS4 in the future. Wanted to add a bunch of cloud elements to the game. Konami took money from sony to not do all that. So Kojima left, probably gonna start his own company under the MGS (Microsoft Game Studios :whew: ) umbrella...
:beli:I know that this is his last project directly under Konami. What I'm saying is that at this point it's premature to say that Silent Hill has been officially cancelled. They've made a bunch of Silent Hill games without Kojima. As of right now, what it looks like is that they may not have Kojima's team behind the Fox Engine. Like I said, it's very likely the game will be cancelled, but nothing is official as of yet.
In one of the post it says it is cancelled. Silent Hill uses the FoxEngine which Kojima created. Is not allowing Konami to use it, so they would have to scrap the game as is and start all over. They'd have to find a new team, new everything. And since they already had one guy put his mojo on it, starting over right NOW isn't even highly important.

Now assuming its true Konami can no longer use the FoxEngine. I just don't know if that is true. Sounds like bullshyt to me

Last edited: