Kodak black.... I just can't understand these ....

Daps
You sound like a casual hip hop fan, who probably listens to the throwback station on the radio and fake reminisce about songs you weren't fukking with at the time:mjgrin:

What a great analysis deducted from opnions that most users on this forum would agree with.

Are you a Psych Major or something ?

:mjlol:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
You might be joking, but that's going to be the train of thought in a few years

B b bu but Wu Tang, Hov, Nas, Lox cater to cacs because they use lyrics <---the youth today.

So all you need now is a "melody" like a weak rnb star, some hot beats, and a catchy hook and you good. Making music for the lowest common denominator.

dondraper

Banned
Daps
It began longer ago than we care to admit.

Although cats like Ice Cube and Scarface were amazing on the mic, the turn toward Gangsta Rap began the slide into the cesspool that is Contemporary Rap.

Nostalgia keeps my 90s shyt close to my heart but I must objectively admit that it was the wrong direction. Just judging by how it turned out all these years later.

Gangsta rap in the 90s was like a Godfathers and Goodfellas. Yeah the material was negative but it was done with so much technical proficiency you had to fukk with it. Gangsta rap today is like a direct to video low budget hood flick somebody scraped together to make a few coins.

Daps
kodak black uesd to rap or attempt rapping at least
then he seen what all these non talented rapping guys can get away with and decided to not care anymore
if you ask me
I agree one of the many situations where the industry ruined an artist. I'm happy he could support his people tho and hope he gets back to it at some point.

kingdizzy01

ATXBBOY
Daps
Reppin
ATX x Jersey Devil x Little Caribbean/Flatbush MF
Nobody considers hov and nas or beans for cacs tho. Reason being is they not corny as fukk

:ehh: fair enough, but beans lost respect as far as i can tell from the meek incident, hov aint gettin that respect like he used to (he aint puttin out music like that) but this younger generation cosigns hov more than nas and that has more to do with kanye.

i guess i shouldve used current rappers than the ones i mentioned, like jarren benton, cyhi, nino bless, chris rivers, etc.

shyt, if anything name some cats from this generation who is dope

Last edited: