Kobe Was Ridiculous

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Comparing him to Pippen is disingenuous bc Pip could never takeover games the way 21-22 yr old Kobe could

I've noticed there's the massive alignment between PPG blowhards and people who prop Kobe over everyone else.

I guess Iverson is incomparably better than Magic, Domonique is better than Duncan, Harden is better than CP3, because they were more likely to throw up a lot of shot attempts?

Every tight game, it was Kobe who made the winning plays...I guess that counts for nothing

Completely fabricated after the fact. Shaq made just as many big plays late as Kobe, Fisher made big plays, Horry made big plays, even random-ass role players like Shaq or Harper would make big plays. Kobe took more shots but that was it.

Kobe was supposed to be on the bench Y3, a yr he averaged 20...and you want me to think he wasn't held back????

This doesn't even make sense, he started every game and averaged 19.9ppg on 46% shooting, 26% from 3pt.

Kobe took more shots per game than Glen Rice even though Rice was in his prime and had been a 26ppg scorer on a ECSF squad (where he took a game off of MJ and the Bulls). Kobe only shot 2.5 shots fewer than Shaq even though Shaq was the far more efficient player.

You'll never hear me say Shaq & Kobe were equals in 2000, but in 01 & 02 they damn sure were

Yet every stat, every advanced stat, and every regular season and playoffs accolade both favored Shaq.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Every tight game, it was Kobe who made the winning plays...I guess that counts for nothing

Let's take 2002 Kings series, the biggest, closest series the 3peat Lakers ever had, when Kobe was closest to his peak. Who made the winning plays in the Lakers' three close wins?

Game 4: Lakers 100, Kings 99

Horry was the hero in this game, scoring 11 in the fourth and hitting the game-winning three.

Kobe and Shaq had 6 each in the fourth. Kobe and Shaq had 4 each in the last 4 minutes. Kobe made the shot that cut the lead to 3 with 1:01 left, then Shaq made two free throws to cut the lead to 1 with 27 seconds left.

Game 6: Lakers 106, Kings 102

Shaq led everyone with 12 in the fourth. Kobe had 11, but 4 of those were on intentional fouls in the last 20 seconds when Kings were behind and had to foul.

Kobe's last made shot of the game was with 7:29 left. After that his only scores were two free throws with 1:55 left, then the intentional free throws at the end. Shaq scored 7 points after Kobe's last shot, including a layup with 52 seconds left that gave the Lakers a 3-point lead

Game 7: Lakers 112, Kings 106 in overtime

Shaq was the hero at the end, scoring 13 points in the 4th/overtime. Kobe only had 6, including 2 on intentional free throws with 8 seconds left when the game was over. Once again he was outscored by Horry who had 8.

In fact, Kobe didn't make a single shot in the 4th/overtime, going 0-2 from the field and 6-7 from the line. It was Shaq who tied the game with a little 4-foot pop with 3:50 left in overtime, Shaq who tied the game again with a 9-foot jumper with 1:51 in overtime, and Shaq who hit two free throws with 1:27 left to give the Lakers the lead for good.

The idea that only Kobe made the clutch shots is fukking wild. In the biggest series of the three-peat, Shaq and Horry BOTH made more clutch shots than Kobe did. Outside of intentional fouls, in literally every big game, Shaq made a clutch score after Kobe's last clutch score.

That alone destroys the narrative that Kobe alone made the clutch shots and not Shaq. But if you think that's cherry-picked and 2002 Kings was an aberration, do you want to cover other series too? Overall, if you look at the other series that had multiple games come down to the wire (2000 Blazers, 2000 Pacers, 2001 Sixers, 2002 Spurs, 2002 Nets), Shaq made just as many clutch shots as Kobe if not more.

Last edited:

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
so now the 2002 series against the kings is the closest biggest series of the 3 peat as if 2000 vs Portland never happened :laff:

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
Here's a better question, if Kawhi Leonard brought the Clips their first title that year, would you still consider it a bubblegum chip? What if young Tatum and Brown did it, or if it was Giannis' first?

If anybody won it other than LeBron would you call it a bubblegum title?

Your Google works just like mine but to answer your question, LeBron had a 27.5 GmSc and AD had 22.8...
Any chip won in a controlled setting like Disney world I would label as such. It still counts but it is what it is

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
Giannis:

Rondo:

Erik Spoelstra:

Mike Malone:

Dame Lillard:

Kevin Durant:

Mike Budenholzer :

Gilbert Arenas:

Those are quotes from real nba players or coaches. Their word holds much more weight than a bunch of internet Karens who are upset the team or player they don't like won it.
The bubble tournament chip still counts so why so angry

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
Let's take 2002 Kings series, the biggest, closest series the 3peat Lakers ever had, when Kobe was closest to his peak. Who made the winning plays in the Lakers' three close wins?

Game 4: Lakers 100, Kings 99

Horry was the hero in this game, scoring 11 in the fourth and hitting the game-winning three.

Kobe and Shaq had 6 each in the fourth. Kobe and Shaq had 4 each in the last 4 minutes. Kobe made the shot that cut the lead to 3 with 1:01 left, then Shaq made two free throws to cut the lead to 1 with 27 seconds left.

Game 6: Lakers 106, Kings 102

Shaq led everyone with 12 in the fourth. Kobe had 11, but 4 of those were on intentional fouls in the last 20 seconds when Kings were behind and had to foul.

Kobe's last made shot of the game was with 7:29 left. After that his only scores were two free throws with 1:55 left, then the intentional free throws at the end. Shaq scored 7 points after Kobe's last shot, including a layup with 52 seconds left that gave the Lakers a 3-point lead

Game 7: Lakers 112, Kings 106 in overtime

Shaq was the hero at the end, scoring 13 points in the 4th/overtime. Kobe only had 6, including 2 on intentional free throws with 8 seconds left when the game was over. Once again he was outscored by Horry who had 8.

In fact, Kobe didn't make a single shot in the 4th/overtime, going 0-2 from the field and 6-7 from the line. It was Shaq who tied the game with a little 4-foot pop with 3:50 left in overtime, Shaq who tied the game again with a 9-foot jumper with 1:51 in overtime, and Shaq who hit two free throws with 1:27 left to give the Lakers the lead for good.

The idea that only Kobe made the clutch shots is fukking wild. In the biggest series of the three-peat, Shaq and Horry BOTH made more clutch shots than Kobe did. Outside of intentional fouls, in literally every big game, Shaq made a clutch score after Kobe's last clutch score.

That alone destroys the narrative that Kobe alone made the clutch shots and not Shaq. But if you think that's cherry-picked and 2002 Kings was an aberration, do you want to cover other series too? Overall, if you look at the other series that had multiple games come down to the wire (2000 Blazers, 2000 Pacers, 2001 Sixers, 2002 Spurs, 2002 Nets), Shaq made just as many clutch shots as Kobe if not more.
The name Kobe got you pressed breh, you ain’t changing no real hoop fans minds, Kobe was basketball art personified

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
so now the 2002 series against the kings is the closest biggest series of the 3 peat as if 2000 vs Portland never happened :laff:

2002 Kings-Lakers ended with four extremely tight games and the Lakers on the verge of elimination twice.

Game 4: 1-point win to tie series
Game 5: 1-point loss to go down 3-2
Game 6: hotly contested and controversial 4th quarter that went down to the final seconds
Game 7: overtime win

It was objectively closer than the 2000 Portland series, which only had 2 close games. You would know if you followed basketball in the slightest.

But do you want to compare Portland too?

Lakers-Blazers 2000, of which only two games had meaningful clutch endings.

Game 3: 93-91 Lakers

Kobe and Shaq each had 5 points in the 4th quarter.

Ron Harper made the game-winner with 29 seconds left. Kobe had a jumper with 2:39 left when up 2, which was his only points in the final 10 minutes. Shaq had a 3-point play with 5:52 left when up 3, those were his last points.

Game 7: 89-84 Lakers

Kobe and Shaq each had 9 points in the 4th quarter.

Down 2 with 2:44 left in the game, Shaq scored the next four points to give the Lakers a 2-point lead, Kobe scored the next four to put the Lakers up 4, then Shaq dunked with 46 seconds left to make it a 6-point game. Sheed hit a three and Kobe missed two free throws with 25 seconds left that kept the Blazers in it, but Horry put the game away with free throws.

So once again, in the 2000 Blazer series Shaq had JUST as many clutch shots as Kobe.

You want to start playing the same game with the Finals? I don't think you're gonna like how it turns out.....

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
The name Kobe got you pressed breh, you ain’t changing no real hoop fans minds

I like how "real hoop fans" are people who deny objective reality. I agree, though - there is a certain kind of Kobestan whose mind will never be changed by facts.

You claimed that Kobe hit all the big shots in close games. I just showed you the endings of every close Lakers win in both 7-game series of the three-peat, where Shaq OBJECTIVELY hit more big shots than Kobe. Overall you could compare every big game they played in the three-peat that had a clutch ending, and at worst you would say Kobe and Shaq were equals in the clutch.

People who judge off of emotions assume Kobe is better because he took more shots and he took harder-looking shots. That creates a different emotional impact when he actually makes one, which distorts perspective. People who judge off of actual results see Shaq scoring just as much if not more than Kobe did in those situations.

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
2002 Kings-Lakers ended with four extremely tight games and the Lakers on the verge of elimination twice.

Game 4: 1-point win to tie series
Game 5: 1-point loss to go down 3-2
Game 6: hotly contested and controversial 4th quarter that went down to the final seconds
Game 7: overtime win

It was objectively closer than the 2000 Portland series, which only had 2 close games. You would know if you followed basketball in the slightest.

But do you want to compare Portland too?

Lakers-Blazers 2000, of which only two games had meaningful clutch endings.

Game 3: 93-91 Lakers

Kobe and Shaq each had 5 points in the 4th quarter.

Ron Harper made the game-winner with 29 seconds left. Kobe had a jumper with 2:39 left when up 2, which was his only points in the final 10 minutes. Shaq had a 3-point play with 5:52 left when up 3, those were his last points.

Game 7: 89-84 Lakers

Kobe and Shaq each had 9 points in the 4th quarter.

Down 2 with 2:44 left in the game, Shaq scored the next four points to give the Lakers a 2-point lead, Kobe scored the next four to put the Lakers up 4, then Shaq dunked with 46 seconds left to make it a 6-point game. Sheed hit a three and Kobe missed two free throws with 25 seconds left that kept the Blazers in it, but Horry put the game away with free throws.

So once again, in the 2000 Blazer series Shaq had JUST as many clutch shots as Kobe.

You want to start playing the same game with the Finals? I don't think you're gonna like how it turns out.....
Everybody on here has a little time to kill here and there but seems like you waste at least 18 hours a day typing and researching shyt to respond on the random internet daily, scale back breh

fifth column

Superstar
Daps
I like how "real hoop fans" are people who deny objective reality. I agree, though - there is a certain kind of Kobestan whose mind will never be changed by facts.

You claimed that Kobe hit all the big shots in close games. I just showed you the endings of every close Lakers win in both 7-game series of the three-peat, where Shaq OBJECTIVELY hit more big shots than Kobe. Overall you could compare every big game they played in the three-peat that had a clutch ending, and at worst you would say Kobe and Shaq were equals in the clutch.

People who judge off of emotions assume Kobe is better because he took more shots and he took harder-looking shots. That creates a different emotional impact when he actually makes one, which distorts perspective. People who judge off of actual results see Shaq scoring just as much if not more than Kobe did in those situations.
When did I claim anything? I said Kobe was 1b to Shaq 1a.

fifth column

Superstar
Daps

Watching Basketball is not a college course, it’s just entertainment.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
The name Kobe got you pressed breh, you ain’t changing no real hoop fans minds, Kobe was basketball art personified

facts. in real time Kobe was A1 in the streets just like now

85Y5UnH.png

los-angeles-lakers-nba-2k1_orig.png

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
People who judge off of emotions assume Kobe is better because he took more shots and he took harder-looking shots.

Or maybe they just know basketball and arent stat geek dikkriders like you :lupe:

WXBq9ug.png