Kobe just keeps validating my perception of him(Trayvon Martin related)

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i'm not hating but i'm not gonna pat him on the back for doing nothing speak from the heart and say something real like Wade or Cruz or Roddy White this is just a save response and a way for kobe to look smart

nikka wtf are you talking about? :what::what::what:

Having the historical context to connect the dots between an old quote from one of he world's greatest social reformist and a current event isnt easy or safe.

Huellz Santana

Shocking
Daps
Reppin
Da city where the skinny nikkas die
makes sense

lmao.bmp

kobe rocks his hoodie too​

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
nikka wtf are you talking about? :what::what::what:

Having the historical context to connect the dots between an old quote from one of he world's greatest social reformist and a current event isnt easy or safe.

Don't feed trolls, according to some Kobe is the black Hitler.

Anyways :salute: to my nikka Revolutionary Bean. I hope he learns more and becomes more outspoken on these things, him and Kareem would make a great "Make Em Mad" duo in the field of social justice.

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Last night read this article about how the highest paid athletes had been quiet on the Trayvon case, Kobe was listed. I considered posting it but decided to hold back, I'll post it in this topic but it's obviously out of date at least in regards to Beans : Highest-paid pros silent on Trayvon Martin case verdict - NBA News | FOX Sports on MSN

Highest-paid pros quiet on Martin case

When the "not guilty" verdict in the Trayvon Martin case was announced Saturday night, dozens of pro athletes took to Twitter to share their shock, anger, sadness and wishes for peace in the aftermath.

That is, unless they were among the richest athletes in sports. From them there was an overwhelming silence.

Of the top 50 athletes in Forbes' list of highest-paid sports stars, only Dwyane Wade had tweeted about the verdict as of 1:30 p.m. ET Sunday.

Of the 100 athletes on Forbes' list, only Wade and Chris Paul ("WoW!!! Prayers out to the Martin family...") made a clear comment on the case Saturday. Russell Westbrook tweeted "THIS IS NUTS!!! REAL TALK!" and Rudy Gay tweeted "Crazy!!" — but for all we know, he might've been talking about Metta World Peace. :dead:

That's it. That's all the reaction to a case that riveted the nation and left many in tears.

As the verdict sparked debates over race, guns and the justice system, one subject was ignored: the power of the dollar.

46RgCwa.png

Sending out impulsive tweets doesn't solve anything — and certainly no one is under any moral obligation to do so — but the disparity is striking. It seems the biggest money-making athletes took advice from, of all people, the Jags kicker:

5MlNfSG.png

And the ones with the most to lose did. Of course, you could excuse many of them. Guys like Cristiano Ronaldo and Roger Federer can't be expected to follow American current events, much less comment on them.

But there was nothing from Tiger Woods, Kobe Bryant, LeBron James or Drew Brees — four of the top five highest-paid athletes in the world. Woods lives in Florida. James plays there, and even had donned a hoodie with the rest of the Heat to show support for Martin's cause.

But on Saturday they apparently took a page out of the playbook of Michael Jordan, who was famously apolitical in his most lucrative endorsement days. (:mjpls: :deadrose:)

While Wade spoke out — perhaps in part because he just put out a book on being a father? — many of his peers stayed silent. Were they worried about their endorsement money?

Chris Bosh ($19.8M in 2013, $2M in endorsements), Wade's Big Three-mate, apparently was too far away to join the conversation, on an overseas trip. So was Kevin Durant ($30.9M, $14M), in the service of Nike.

No comment from Alex Rodriguez ($30.3M) and Serena Williams ($20.5M, $12M), both of whom have Florida ties. A-Rod's got plenty of drama on his plate already, so no surprise he was silent, but Serena usually speaks freely. Maybe she's shy after all the fuss over her Steubenville comments.

Dwight Howard wasn't heard from after he took to Twitter to trumpet his introduction in Houston earlier in the day:

uSHeADr.png

(Dwight Coward....:lolbron: :wow:)

Don't look to Carmelo Anthony ($28M, $8.5M), Joe Johnson ($20.8M, $1M) or Paul Pierce ($18.8M, $2M). The most recent tweets in their timelines are promoting products or dropping personal plugs:

Same thing with Ray Rice ($25.8M, $1.6M), who has spoken out against bullying but was silent Saturday.

Amar'e Stoudemire ($27M, $7M), Derek Jeter ($25.4M, $9M), Deron Williams ($19.8M, $2M), Derrick Rose ($37.4M, $21M) — all silent, as was Tim Lincecum ($20.1M). But he had the best reason:

He was busy pitching a no-hitter.

In general, I do feel like endorsements (As well as, this idea that players are supposed to care about the "health" of the leagues they play in) have hampered how Black Athletes can interact with our community. I don't know if I can hate on anyone who kept their mouth shut for the money, but it is sad that we no longer have a Jim Brown or Muhammad Ali type of figure.

I respect Kobe for this one though. One of the main reasons I stay on Team-Lebron is because I've always sorta considered Beans a c00n....:manny:

TrillSwag

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
He aint afraid to speak on things, he's a very well thought out athlete, and he's one of the realest nikkas left on the planet.

Nas got it all wrong callin Kobe a c00n, ALL WRONG!

Nas dating white girls and promoting alcohol to the youth.

I think we know who the real c00n is :russ:

Goatpoacher

Superstar
Daps
Yes, let's use a tragic murder and subsequent denial of justice as further bases for dikkriding Kobe.

Kobestans = almost as reprehensible as Zimmerman himself.

Higher Tech

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gary, Indiana
Last night read this article about how the highest paid athletes had been quiet on the Trayvon case, Kobe was listed. I considered posting it but decided to hold back, I'll post it in this topic but it's obviously out of date at least in regards to Beans : Highest-paid pros silent on Trayvon Martin case verdict - NBA News | FOX Sports on MSN

In general, I do feel like endorsements (As well as, this idea that players are supposed to care about the "health" of the leagues they play in) have hampered how Black Athletes can interact with our community. I don't know if I can hate on anyone who kept their mouth shut for the money, but it is sad that we no longer have a Jim Brown or Muhammad Ali type of figure.

I respect Kobe for this one though. One of the main reasons I stay on Team-Lebron is because I've always sorta considered Beans a c00n....:manny:

We don't know how they feel about it, and they shouldn't be pressured to make statements just for the hell of it. What if it's an undesirable statement? I think we put too much clout in the thoughts of athletes. Hell, I'm still waiting on that statement from Ja Rule.

Houston911

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
i'm not hating but i'm not gonna pat him on the back for doing nothing speak from the heart and say something real like Wade or Cruz or Roddy White this is just a save response and a way for kobe to look smart

Nah

You're just threatened by an intelligent black man like Kobe

It's typical

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
:russ: @ that cacc azz kicker Josh Scobee..

YOU A KICKER FAQQIT..YOU STAY OFF TWITTER..

:pacspit:

Between this guy and Chris batti bwuoy Kluwe..kickers and punters are lowest form of sporting filth..