YOU DIDNT SEE THAT SHOT?
IT WAS CLEAR AS DAY...
HE TOOK 2 SHOTS IN THAT QUOTE...
HE SAID "NOT ONLY GROWING UP IN THAT SAME ENVIRONMENT AS TRAVON,
BUT ALSO HAVING YOUNG BOYS"

BASICALLY SAYING
KOBE GREW UP IN ITALY & THE BURBS
PLUS HE CANT HAVE SONS,
SO HE DOESNT RELATE TO TRAVON LIKE ME & BRON.
:devil:
:evil:
nah bruh, didn't even catch it. Good points

Yungin

Pro
Daps
Kobe is too polarizing to make any comments on social issues.

Just one sentence/clip/sound bite that doesn't line up 100% with the collective thinking and he'll get crucified.

The fact that people call him a rapist is proof positive of that. A girl came to his room and fukked him, but he's the rapist lol. Most people never cared to research the full story, they just cared to label him because they don't like him from the jump.

He's not saying Trayvon's cause was unjust, he's just saying we as a people shouldn't instantly throw our support behind someone just because they are black. You know...like Boosie.

Kobe shoulda never mentioned Trayvon though.....

:stopitslime: Boosie was innocent

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Kobe got these dudes in their feelings

:banderas:

Kobe shytted on your favorite team(name your favorite team and I can give you an instance of Kobe sonning them) and sonning you dudes off the court too

:whew:

Yup. c00ns like yourself and Kobe tend to make real nikkas mad. If you think making ignorant, c00nish statements is equivalent to sonning, you're about as dumb as that motherfukker Tobe. :camby:

I've also noticed a lot of you fukkboy LA fans tend to support c00ns as well. Hopefully an earth quake finally washes you nikkas away once and for all.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
huh?

nikka take a seat. This isn't the thread to apply that logic. Kobe is a c00n beyond reasonable doubt.

:pachaha:

You nikkas mayne
I'm not saying that. I'm saying so of the most militant laker fans are falling over themselves to defend kobe when if this was lebron married to some white chick from elryia ohio saying this they would be the first to sound the c00n alarm.

Trece

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
While I think Kobe is clearly wrong I think some of you all are taking this too far and are getting homotional. So we are going to quote Whitlock now? One of the most well known uncle toms in sports? Why doesn't Whitlock go after Barkley who said basically the same thing as Kobe a few months ago? If we are starting to look up to guys like Whitlock and Lebron who is a well known of the moment dikkrider and basically does whatever is cool at the time (wearing a hoodie) then you got problems. Wait for someone like Spike Lee to say something before you go quoting and praising.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even there wasn't any trial and the charges were dropped, he still felt the hate from white america. They wasn't on his side. The facts was laid out for everyone to see that he didn't commit a crime, but still white america tarnished Kobe's reputation and his name. They even discontinued his endorsement and prayed for his downfall.

Kobe is a fool for believing in colorblind and gender blind :mjlol:
Kobe said he was colorblind. He didn’t say he was blind to racism.

HiphopRelated

In Broad Daylight
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
My brother's keeper
While I think Kobe is clearly wrong I think some of you all are taking this too far and are getting homotional. So we are going to quote Whitlock now? One of the most well known uncle toms in sports? Why doesn't Whitlock go after Barkley who said basically the same thing as Kobe a few months ago? If we are starting to look up to guys like Whitlock and Lebron who is a well known of the moment dikkrider and basically does whatever is cool at the time (wearing a hoodie) then you got problems. Wait for someone like Spike Lee to say something before you go quoting and praising.
Or you could form your own opinion instead of waiting for one to be given to you? nikkas didn't wait on anybody to realize Kobe was talking some fukk shyt.

Trece

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Kobe said he was colorblind. He didn’t say he was blind to racism.

Kobe never really appreciated the fact that the black community had his back during the rape trial. His accuser had semen from 2 other men in her underwear after the alleged rape. The white community still saw her as a honest innocent little victim though because she was white. Same thing with OJ they hated him because he killed 2 white people and got away with it. Believe if the Kobe accuser was black or the OJ victims were black then the white community would not even have cared. Same as when a white child goes missing and it is front page news but you never hear of minority children. This still disgusts me about America. Kobe needs to wake up and realize that society is not colorblind, it is still take care of your own as it ever was.
But I do think you all are going a little overboard with this. Where was the thread about Kobe condemning the Trayvon verdict 2 days after it was read and quoting Frederick Douglas?

kobebryant
profile_351564405_75sq_1395684499.jpg

Where justice is denied, where poverty is enforced, where ignorance prevails, and where any one class is made to feel that society is an organized conspiracy to oppress, rob and degrade them, neither persons nor property will be safe. -Frederick Douglass-

No one said anything because they don't see Kobe as real enough because he grew up in Italy. Everyone waits for him to say something stupid to react. Like I said before Barkley went on record as saying he agreed with the verdict and there is a thread on here celebrating his humor.

Last edited:

Yungin

Pro
Daps
Kobe never really appreciated the fact that the black community had his back during the rape trial. His accuser had semen from 2 other men in her underwear after the alleged rape. The white community still saw her as a honest innocent little victim though because she was white. Same thing with OJ they hated him because he killed 2 white people and got away with it. Believe if the Kobe accuser was black or the OJ victims were black then the white community would not even have cared. Same as when a white child goes missing and it is front page news but you never hear of minority children. This still disgusts me about America. Kobe needs to wake up and realize that society is not colorblind, it is still take care of your own as it ever was.
But I do think you all are going a little overboard with this. Where was the thread about Kobe condemning the Trayvon verdict 2 days after it was read and quoting Frederick Douglas?

No one said anything because they don't see Kobe as real enough because he grew up in Italy. Everyone waits for him to say something stupid to react. Like I said before Barkley went on record as saying he agreed with the verdict and there is a thread on here celebrating his humor.

This. now close thread

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
I was thinking the same thing that Wade was... Kobe is a naturally selfish person..So the fact that he's never personally come from the enviornment as Trayvon and doesn't have sons that will be viewed by America as future Trayvon's (like Bron, Wade, Chalmers, Bosh etc) he probably is unable to empathize.. I'm glad Wade spelled it out like that...Because Kobe views the world the same way some of my white associates did after the verdict.. No empathy...He really looks at the situation as an unbiased outsider...He was probably thinking "What's the big deal? I'm Black and white people love ME. So wtf are these n1ggas crying about"

:manny:

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Cheap deflection tactic, nice try.

I've always thought Charles Barkley's bama ass has no clue when it comes to issues of racial inequality.

He's a buffoon. I've never "celebrated the humor" in his message when it comes to race specifically.

I can give a fukk where Kobe was born and raised. His critcism was baseless. He's completely unaware and delusional at best, and a c00n at worst.

:camby:

Status
Not open for further replies.