Kobe Bryant Was Not Impressed by the Miami Heat’s Trayvon Martin Protest

Status
Not open for further replies.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:wtf: Are nikkas really trying to defend/deflect/change the discussion here? :dahell: I understand it's hard to come to grips with you favorite athlete not being shyt beyond his ability to play his sport but damn. :heh: There is nothing to defend here. There is no context to be taken into account. I am all for keeping athletes in their athlete box but if you are doing that then you should not be rushing to his aid by trying to deflect from or curtail this discussion because this is firmly outside of his athlete box. Beyond that if he was doing something positive outside his athlete box ya'll would be hypin it up so :comeon:. I mean seriously is there anything Kobe could do to make the ones still defending this dude say :whoa:? Serious question.

Last edited:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
say what you want. but me personally. i dont value what athletes or any other entertainer has to say about politics. I have my own view. Im supposed to care what somebody has to say about politics just because theyre good at basketball lol? nikka please. thats why i think its funny this is still being debated. Im a fan of Kobe the basketball player, I could care less what he does or says when he's off the court. Thats the problem with society now. We put entertainer's opinions on a pedestal for no reason other than the fact alot of people know who they are. Half the nikkas in here didnt do shyt for Trayvon and rather sit here and discuss what a basketball player thinks when the real discussion should be about the laws in Florida
This isn't pedestal putting. this is about a clown who used his platform, one million times greater than ours, to profess bullshyt.

You on this "do shyt for Trayvon" thing is corny as fukk. Those protests Kobe bashed got the ball rolling to put the shooter in cuffs.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This isn't pedestal putting. this is about a clown who used his platform, one million times greater than ours, to profess bullshyt.

You on this "do shyt for Trayvon" thing is corny as fukk. Those protests Kobe bashed got the ball rolling to put the shooter in cuffs.

Basically. Trayvon Martin incident was a clear example of how public outrage fueled by social media can affect public policy. We did that.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Edit quoted the wrong post

say what you want. but me personally. i dont value what athletes or any other entertainer has to say about politics. I have my own view. Im supposed to care what somebody has to say about politics just because theyre good at basketball lol? nikka please. thats why i think its funny this is still being debated. Im a fan of Kobe the basketball player, I could care less what he does or says when he's off the court. Thats the problem with society now. We put entertainer's opinions on a pedestal for no reason other than the fact alot of people know who they are. Half the nikkas in here didnt do shyt for Trayvon and rather sit here and discuss what a basketball player thinks when the real discussion should be about the laws in Florida
^^^ He did it to himself meaning The Kobster.

I don't care about what athletes say much at all. Nobody was saying anything about his stance until he went there :manny:

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
Kobe retweeted this

oJBChdl.jpg

Last edited:

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm glad kobe is confronting this head on. Kobe can explain his position which should not be misunderstood as the same as those racist zimmerman supporters and kobe can continue to learn different points of view. Ain't no harm with that.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Kobe retweeted this

oJBChdl.jpg

SO???

He's yet to explain why he thought the rightful protesting of an unarrested shooter was "black group think."

I don't care. Roland Martin and them don't know how to ask the right questions.

There's no excuse for that. Niqqas don't need a talking down to about "progress" being in the form of blacks not seeing shyt for what it is.

Sometimes, groupthink IS a good thing.

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
RGIII has never said anything like bruh.
I know, he's smart enough to not say something like that publicly, but you get the sense that RG 3 and Kobe are culturally awkward when it comes to being comfortable in their Black skin. Also, I will speak to all those people trying to praise Kobe for his cultured upbringing, which has been a hinderance for him in my opinion, because although he's intelligent, Kobe is not educated.

I will say this about RG 3, he made it a point to distance himself from the idea of being a Black qb, and their are a couple of other things about him, that are trivial given Kobe's statement, but they are telling none the less.

NYC Rebel

Daps
I know, he's smart enough to not say something like that publicly, but you get the sense that RG 3 and Kobe are culturally awkward when it comes to being comfortable in their Black skin. Also, I will speak to all those people trying to praise Kobe for his cultured upbringing, which has been a hinderance for him in my opinion, because although he's intelligent, Kobe is not educated.

I will say this about RG 3, he made it a point to distance himself from the idea of being a Black qb, and their are a couple of other things about him, that are trivial given Kobe's statement, but they are telling none the less.
Nah.

I saw RGIII rightfully say how black qbs are perceived as one thing rather than being broad. I won't even give Kobe that much range.

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
SO???

He's yet to explain why he thought the rightful protesting of an unarrested shooter was "black group think."

I don't care. Roland Martin and them don't know how to ask the right questions.

There's no excuse for that. Niqqas don't need a talking down to about "progress" being in the form of blacks not seeing shyt for what it is.

Sometimes, groupthink IS a good thing.

After all the sh*t we been through as a people this chump made it sound like black people sticking up for our own is a bad thing and used the worst possible example to justify his delusions.:camby:
I mean I could see if he was talking about Lil Boosie:mjpls:, but Trayvon Martin?:childplease:

Goatpoacher

Superstar
Daps
Basically. Trayvon Martin incident was a clear example of how public outrage fueled by social media can affect public policy. We did that.

Well the STand your Ground Laws still exist. I was listening to a report that said Stand your Ground laws are used successfully as a defense when a white person harms a black person 30 percent of the time. WHen a black person harms a white person, it's used successfully about 5 percent of the time.

Kobe's bytch ass, if he was going to open his mouth, could have discussed THAT GODDAMN PROBLEM instead.

NYC Rebel

Daps
They also tend to be star-fukkers who are so grateful to talk to somebody like Kobe that they just cave on tough questions.
Exactly.

Ol "I have to live for another day so I can talk to him again" ass kisser.

Get Bryant Gumbel to interview Kobe. He has no fukkness to him. :troll:

Status
Not open for further replies.