Kobe Bryant Was Not Impressed by the Miami Heat’s Trayvon Martin Protest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bilz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
is that what he said? he said he would wait for all the facts to come out before coming to a conclusion and after all the facts came out he supported him
Did he wait before all the facts came out before he dusted you off like you were trash when you saw him in Irvine? I respect his ability to immediately recognize that you're an idiot but its ironic that you'd be the one in here defending his viewpoints.

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Why some of yall don't want athletes to speak on shyt like this? Obviously Kobe is ignorant, but at least he spoke on it. I cringed every time I hear :mjpls: republicans buy my shoes too line. I hate Jordan non stance on certain topics. At least the current players would speak on social topics.
Jordan has a non stance on ALL social topics. Since jordan left chicago they didn't have that marquee guy until D-Rose came. It was refreshing & surprising to see him show much emotion speaking on where came from & the violence in city of chicago.

Since the early 90s dudes were getting robbed & beat up over his shoes but yet present day jordan is making more money than ever by re re re re re re re re re re re re re RELEASING the same retros with poorer quality every time. But income tax ballers & a lot of low income minorities(especially blacks) continue to support that clown.

Kobe has a right to his opinion but it seems as if his talking points on this particular situation are completely off base & ignorant. Maybe he's been watching too much fox news but it sounds like he saying "hey guys I'm black, & yeah GZ killed a young black boy but I'm not about to take the side of a black kid who got killed just because I'm black"

Ok that's fine kobe, the problem with his comments are there were/are plenty of racist whites who echoed the exact same sentiments as kobe about the GZ/TM situation even after facts. But what kobe fails to realize is a lot of those same people who were saying the things about trayvon were ALSO calling him a rapist because he was accused of raping a white girl..........................

A big black dude accused of the rape of a petite white girl & dude lost endorsements, he was snitching on teammates & almost lost his freedom & people didn't wait to "LISTEN TO FACTS" on him, he was labeled a RAPIST. He had his negro wake up call but obviously he didn't answer it...

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
thats the issue tho....i hate bringing this up because its gonna make me sound like some crazy Kobe stan but im just giivng the "facts"(oh shyt now i sound like him :snoop: ) but im telling u breh...u got to search google for the full story several years ago...

how his mother was acting was a classic case of a story that would go straight into the "gems of dealing with women" thread...we know how out of touch Kobe is...but how his own mother was acting came across as mad spoiled...he wasn't being cheap with the price...she was just being unappreciative....if one of us got big and our mothers acted like that we know it would be wrong...i can't just say he was wrong because its Kobe and he isn't very defendable...

I mean she accused him of lying about her stealing items from the house that she tried to auction....and again goes back to apologizing...why apologize if you know he is wrong? its not like she got extra money...she changed her mind and even got less money....cause she knows she was being scummy and felt disgusted acting like that with her son...

I really wish I had the old article but I can only give an example....it was something so narcissistic like rejecting a 100 thousand dollar house and asking for a 250,000 dollar house because you felt it wans't enough....like this is shyt that cannot be defended breh....

I remember that story.....and Kobe was corny for that.

You bought your mother, the woman that birthed you and raised your black azz, a $450,000 house but, you bought your mother-in-law a $3 million dollar mansion in Newport Beach? I'm sure Kobe's mother looked at that like :usure:

I fukks with Kobe hardbody on the court but, I would NEVER have my mother-in-law living better than my own mother. My mom can have the extravagant mansion and my wife's mother can be happy and appreciative she got any type of house out of me. That's like Lebron James taking better care of Savannah's mom than Gloria :usure:

And here's the article btw

We now know why Kobe Bryant is at war with his mother ... at least from his perspective, and it has to do with money.

As we previously reported ... Kobe and mama Pamela Bryant are locked in a battle over memorabilia ... his old jerseys, varsity letters from high school, championship rings, trophies and a whole bunch of other stuff.

Pamela has taken all the stuff to an auction house, claiming he gave it all to her, and she got a $450,000 advance which she says she's using to buy a house in Nevada. Kobe contacted the auction house and said they had no right to sell any of the items because they belong to him.

Sources connected with the Bryant family tell TMZ ... the dispute between mother and son erupted over real estate. We're told Kobe offered to buy his parents a "nice house" in Vegas for significantly less than a million bucks, but they wanted something bigger and more extravagant and Kobe drew a line in the sand and refused to up the ante.

Our sources say Pamela was infuriated and believed Kobe was shortchanging them, especially compared to what he does for Vanessa's mom, Sofia Laine. Kobe put Sofia up in a $3.2 million house in Newport Beach, CA, which sold recently. After the sale, Kobe moved Sofia to another multi-million dollar mansion nearby.

From Kobe's perspective, our sources say he's really upset because he believes he's stepped up for years, by giving his parents millions of dollars and buying them homes and cars.

This feud has been brewing for years ... dating back to when Kobe's parents went ballistic when he married Vanessa without a prenup.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2013/05/04/kobe-...ud-million-dollar-house-lakers/#ixzz2xEmT2QTf

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don't get what you're trying to say. Yeah, racial profiling, killing and Zimmerman's exoneration could have been swept underneath the rug. Anything can be swept underneath the rug and as time passes, intensity on cases declines. That's true for EVERY fukkING CRIME. What's your point?
Shooting of Trayvon Martin could have been easily swept under the rug like they do lot of other young “black” males who are gun down in the streets but in this particular case they picked the shooting of Trayvon Martin. Roddy Right, why is this the case? Media Manipulation! That’s why. Media manipulation often involves government and/or corporate propaganda and “spin”. The media are very selective with the stories they run with and they always give the stories the right “spin”. The propagandization of the Shooting of Trayvon Martin is just another example on how the media engages in manipulative tactics against the general public in order to get the appropriate response. And that appropriate response was/is race hate and divisiveness. People really need to recognize manipulation tactics and know how to respond to them.

Last edited:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
The Tea Party fukks that are using this to justify their support for this nutjob Zimmerman, are fukking disgusting. There have been few times I've wanted to get off social media, this badly.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shooting of Trayvon Martin could have been easily swept under the rug like they do lot of other young “black” males who are gun down in the streets but in this particular case they picked the shooting of Trayvon Martin. Roddy Right, why is this the case? Media Manipulation! That’s why. Media manipulation often involves government and/or corporate propaganda and “spin”. The media are very selective with the stories they run with and they always give the stories the right “spin”. The propagandization of the Shooting of Trayvon Martin is just another example on how the media engages in manipulative tactics against the general public in order to get the appropriate response. And that appropriate response was/is race hate and divisiveness. People really need to recognize manipulation tactics and know how to respond to them.
The media doesn't help minorities. Tha't's how the "knockout game" became a thing. That is the only propaganda I see. The media had fukking RACISTS on the television fomenting a race war during the "knockout" hysteria. You say it was the media that picked up Trayvon, but actually it was small black media and Twitter users that first disseminated the story and bombarded giant media groups until those groups picked it up. There was no "propaganda" around trayvon. The essential story was always the same; Zimmerman racialy profiled Trayvon, racists defend him, poor justice system exonerates him and racists cheer a young blacan's death. This is reflected in the facts, and is not propaganda to anyone but racists,
who just like that Trayvon was murdered for being and uppity in the first place.

The assertion that "blacks die so we shouldn't focus on Trayvon" is ridiculous. The implications for cacs being able to murdeblacks without punishment are massive. Every black person that commits a crime is unreservedly punished in a disparate fashion.
The e fact Trayvon was murdered under racial pretense and teh murdere set free by a racist jury and citizenry is something everyone should know. The fact stand-your-ground-law almost never works for nikkas but is like a godsend for others is something everyone should know. If this causes disiviseness, it is because this country went to bat for a black killing racist; this country exonerated, defend and enriched such a person because he murdered a black kid and ot away with it. That's not the "media" saying such, that's me. There's no "propaganda" but in your own mind, troll.

Last edited:

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
like Roddy said raising the black on black crime angle is a red herring. Its intellectually dishonest, and the go to copout for every bigot when cases like the Trayvon Martin shooting come up. You're talking in circles right now. What I gather from you is the media is manipulative which is stating the obvious. In the case of Trayvon you are DEAD WRONG. It took months before Zimmerman was even charged, its not like the media was pushing for justice from the get go to "manipulate" the public.

Stop the tinfoil hat nonsense :heh:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
like Roddy said raising the black on black crime angle is a red herring. Its intellectually dishonest, and the go to copout for every bigot when cases like the Trayvon Martin shooting come up. You're talking in circles right now. What I gather from you is the media is manipulative which is stating the obvious. In the case of Trayvon you are DEAD WRONG. It took months before Zimmerman was even charged, its not like the media was pushing for justice from the get go to "manipulate" the public.

Stop the tinfoil hat nonsense :heh:

CHICAGO!!

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
Kobe is too polarizing to make any comments on social issues.

Just one sentence/clip/sound bite that doesn't line up 100% with the collective thinking and he'll get crucified.

The fact that people call him a rapist is proof positive of that. A girl came to his room and fukked him, but he's the rapist lol. Most people never cared to research the full story, they just cared to label him because they don't like him from the jump.

He's not saying Trayvon's cause was unjust, he's just saying we as a people shouldn't instantly throw our support behind someone just because they are black. You know...like Boosie.

Kobe shoulda never mentioned Trayvon though.....
He shouldn't have used that case to prove his point though, Kobe just comes across as a RG 3 type of Black dude, heightened sense of entitlement because of his athletic abilities. beloved by Blacks because of the town he plays in, but does not want to have anything to do with those same Black people or their experiences. He tries so hard to be great because he tries to hard to not to be seen as a Black man. But there are Black people like that all over, they will break their necks to get white folk's approval.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
He shouldn't have used that case to prove his point though, Kobe just comes across as a RG 3 type of Black dude, heightened sense of entitlement because of his athletic abilities. beloved by Blacks because of the town he plays in, but does not want to have anything to do with those same Black people or their experiences. He tries so hard to be great because he tries to hard to not to be seen as a Black man. But there are Black people like that all over, they will break their necks to get white folk's approval.
RGIII has never said anything like bruh.

Status
Not open for further replies.