Kobe Bryant Was Not Impressed by the Miami Heat’s Trayvon Martin Protest

Status
Not open for further replies.

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Here's the thing. Kobe says what he says out of complete cultural ignorance. The people that c/s him agree with him out of complete intellectual dishonesty. I clearly know the intention isn't the same....but what's coming out his mouth is the same.

They are hardly the same. Zimmerman's supporters are people who think trayvon got what he deserved and was the aggressor while zimmerman was the victim. Kobe said that he was not the type to make judgements based on race without facts first. That's all.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
They are hardly the same. Zimmerman's supporters are people who think trayvon got what he deserved and was the aggressor while zimmerman was the victim. Kobe said that he was not the type to make judgements based on race without facts first.

They are the same. It ends with the complete dismissing of blacks and their legitimate thought process. Kobe accused blacks of irrational group think and tied it to our failure in progressing. Whites accuse blacks of racism and tie it to our failure in progressing. It ends the same way...just different roads to get to the same destination bruh.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
You stay trying too hard. You can't even debate topics, on some "go to" shyt like "smart dumb niqqas" or "tunnel vision" ...staying on poster characteristics than building up your arguments charactersitics. Who goes through life being outside of conversations all the time like this, thinking they're in one?

:heh:

You aren't speaking points here bruh. You're speaking strawman shyt.

Let me respond with my point to the person I quoted. He at least knows how to make an argument even if we don't agree.

fukk you old nikka. You're not nearly as smart as you think you are. The only thing you're holding on to is the racial injustice. When the rebuttal is about the context your say fukk the context. How am I or anyone with a grain of dignity is supposed have a debate with someone with only one point. I've given props to people in this thread that have something else to say. But you're stupid and old and mad.

NYC Rebel

Daps
talking about reb...old....talking about reb....old.................talking about reb....old................talking about reb....old................talking about reb....old................talking about reb....old................talking about reb....old......

small point
FIXED :camby:and let grown folks talk. You bring nothing.

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
They are the same. It ends with the complete dismissing of blacks and their legitimate thought process. Kobe accused blacks of irrational group think and tied it to our failure in progressing. Whites accuse blacks of racism and tie it to our failure in progressing. It ends the same way...just different roads to get to the same destination bruh.

Kobe's quote wasn't a critique on African American group think imo as much as it was a critique on racial group think itself. “That argument doesn’t make any sense to me. So we want to advance as a society and a culture, but, say, if something happens to an African-American we immediately come to his defense?" .This line tells me that Kobe is not thinking of this in a dynamic of White accusation of reverse racism. I believe he honestly thinks that racial group think of any kind is something that he doesn't agree with. I wouldn't be surprised in his mind that he really does believe in a post-racial society. You can blame ignorance or naivety but it's hardly the same as the opinions these white racists hold.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Just becuz you dismiss my point of view, doesn't make it invalid. You're a joke.
What is your point?

I'm giving you a chance to tear down my comment on why what Kobe and bigots say are the same. Tell me how I'm wrong. Deconstruct my point like an adult...a grown person. here's a chance to show you wear big boy pants.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Just becuz you dismiss my point of view, doesn't make it invalid. You're a joke.
And here's the thing smart guy....I have African relatives. I see whites misuse their cultural ignorance on what we experience all the time to shyt on black people. YOU KNOW.....those dumb ass african cats that think they're better than people here and bigots use their cultural ignorance to buttress their intellectual dishonesty.

Kobe is no different.

NYC Rebel

Daps
Kobe's quote wasn't a critique on African American group think imo as much as it was a critique on racial group think itself. “That argument doesn’t make any sense to me. So we want to advance as a society and a culture, but, say, if something happens to an African-American we immediately come to his defense?" .This line tells me that Kobe is not thinking of this in a dynamic of White accusation of reverse racism. I believe he honestly thinks that racial group think of any kind is something that he doesn't agree with. I wouldn't be surprised in his mind that he really does believe in a post-racial society. You can blame ignorance or naivety but it's hardly the same as the opinions these white racists hold.
What part about the end result are you not processing about my point? I agreed with you about the difference in the road traveled but the destination has the same pitfall.....the complete dismissing of black legitimate thought.

Why aren't you addressing the last part? Kobe in his post racial dream completely leapfrogged the reality of race and the black experience in this country. Those bigots WILLINGLY dismiss it.

It

ends

the

same.
And what makes it worse, a black face saying it provides those bigots shelter.

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What part about the end result are you not processing about my point? I agreed with you about the difference in the road traveled but the destination has the same pitfall.....the complete dismissing of black legitimate thought.

Why aren't you addressing the last part? Kobe in his post racial dream completely leapfrogged the reality of race and the black experience in this country. Those bigots WILLINGLY dismiss it.

It

ends

the

same.
And what makes it worse, a black face saying it provides those bigots shelter.

Bigots have been willing dismissing it before kobe said anything. The end result may be most important to you but nuances matter to me the most. Those bigots can be intellectually dishonest about kobe's position all they want but that doesn't mean I should crucify kobe over his ignorance and act like it's all one in the same. I just don't agree with that.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
What is your point?

I'm giving you a chance to tear down my comment on why what Kobe and bigots say are the same. Tell me how I'm wrong. Deconstruct my point like an adult...a grown person. here's a chance to show you wear big boy pants.

For the most part, we all agree that what he said was ignorance. Those who see nothing wrong obviously have never experienced the black plight or just Kobe nuthuggers. Where we disagree is interpretation.

I all I can do is roll my eyes at his comments becuz I understand he doesn't know about the struggle. It's hard for me to hold him or any of these entertainers to the fire becuz I only view them as entertainers. Too much going on in the world for me to latch on to their every single word. They say dumb shyt. I say it's wrong. And I leave it at that. It seems like the people saying, "I can't fukk with him after this" are too emotionally involved. I don't have enough emotion for that.

It was drained in Afghanistan. :heh:

NYC Rebel

Daps
Bigots have been willing dismissing it before kobe said anything.

Why does a start date even matter? :what: They will look for someone who they feel legitimizes their dismissive nature and found it in Kobe.

The end result may be most important to you but nuances matter to me the most.

This makes no sense. The end result matters most because it cements itself as legitimate dismissing of salient points. Who gives a damn about the nuances? Being waved away is being waved away.

Those bigots can be intellectually dishonest about kobe's position all they want but that doesn't mean I should crucify kobe over his ignorance and act like it's all one in the same. I just don't agree with that.

I'm going to crucify a clown for being strong and wrong about black people, using one of the few broad platforms we have to completely mischaracterise us as a people.

Dude think he's handing out "progressive" talk while being "regressive."

fukk that. That's some clown shyt.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
@kidsinamerica_ is a demonic cac troll. Why should the Trayvon debacle have been swept under the rug? To whom would that benefit?
No I didn’t say the Trayvon Martin story should have been swept under the rug. I said Trayvon Martin story could have been easily swept under the rug and no one would have cared about the kid. People would have went on with their everyday lives. But wait a minute… Ultimately didn’t that what happen? After a few months no one didn’t care anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.