Kobe Bryant Was Not Impressed by the Miami Heat’s Trayvon Martin Protest

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Context is everything bruh.
What does this even mean? JB was spot on in context.

This is where I'm glad I had foreign parents and why I love old black southern folk. fukk feelings on "how" shyt is said. This that post integration feelings shyt we as black people picked up

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Why point them out. Address those that do know and see if your point holds weight. Overrating the lowest common denominator to prove a point is intellectually dishonest. We don't need a fact check to that degree. This country has a long and repeated history of Trayvons

But the thread about a guy who is obviously in the lcd.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
This is what I can't rock with with black people.

Real niqqas deal with the "who, what, when, where's and why's" of shyt. Other niqqas are the ones that cry "how" something is said

Why didn't Jim Brown holla at that nikka and school him?

What stopped Jim Brown from doing that?

Where was Jim Brown when Kobe was goin through the rape case?

Who of today's athletes is Jim Brown willing to mentor?

You don't have to answer, I'm just being a jerk like Jim was. :laugh:

philmonroe

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The 215

This is where I'm glad I had foreign parents and why I love old black southern folk. fukk feelings on "how" shyt is said. This that post integration feelings shyt we as black people picked up
Bold depends because I think its at times what sets people black or otherwise back. Are you talking to be heard or are you talking to talk. If the former shytting on people ain't going to make them listen to you even if you are speaking the truth most of the time. Not having tact is silly IMO unless you just trying to talk and in that case say whatever you want to

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics

And that's the fukking problem.

You're looking at it from a feelings standpoint. I'm looking at it from a conflict standpoint. You come out of pocket with what you say and that's when shyt gets real.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Why doesn't LeBron and Nike give out free LeBron's and Nikes to every underprivileged black child that maintains a B. average. Why not give out free LeBrons for guns program. Wear a hoody and claim to make a difference.
aOeIXyI.gif

Yungin

Pro
Daps
The quote below me basically summed it up better than I can, and it has the quotes for context. It's not a big deal in that it don't affect nobody you right, but what he said was ignorant which is ironic given that he was talking about facts plus I gotta disagree with you a lot of people knew what happened to Trayvon by the time the heats made that hoodie pic which is what makes what he said stupid as shyt. He's absolutely right that you should know the facts no doubt, and he's also right that you shouldn't just jump to defend somebody because they black you gotta know the facts first. But it don't take much to get the facts, even when everybody wanted to get on a hoodie wave the facts were out there for awhile at that point so it's not like he couldn't have just looked at em for himself I mean he'll take time out to tweet shyt tho. Just seemed more like he wanted to throw salt and look like above the curve by talkin bout facts and scoffing at some petty social media meme. But yeah, dude still my favorite player this comment don't change that but it was ill advised because he's talkin about facts but was willingly ignorant to them when they were out there for over a month.

You do know the heat wore the hoodies more than one time in dedication to trayvon right? cuz I can remember when all dat shyt was goin on them nikkaz did dat shyt before a lot of the evidence came out...and I read and know all about the trayvon case and at that time all da evidence was not out...but hey to me it just seems like another attempt of fake outrage by people in this thread becuz I mean really how many nikkaz in here was wearing hoodies for trayvon or outside protesting? So for nikkaz to shyt on kobe just becuz he didn't say the typical r.i.p. trayvon or post a pic of a hoody on instagram to me seems fluke.. :yeshrug:

NYC Rebel

Daps
Why didn't Jim Brown holla at that nikka and school him?

What stopped Jim Brown from doing that?

Where was Jim Brown when Kobe was goin through the rape case?

Who of today's athletes is Jim Brown willing to mentor?

You don't have to answer, I'm just being a jerk like Jim was. :laugh:
jim was asked a question and gave an answer. You looking for nuance from old black people? My 77 year old father in law calls my wife a mistake shot. Think old folk care?

Y'all niqqas on this post integration "feelings" shyt. This the one thing I like about foreign blacks and older blacks. They don't get caught up on feelings like today negros acting like a bunch of Callious

NYC Rebel

Daps
You do know the heat wore the hoodies more than one time in dedication to trayvon right? cuz I can remember when all dat shyt was goin on them nikkaz did dat shyt before a lot of the evidence came out...and I read and know all about the trayvon case and at that time all da evidence was not out...but hey to me it just seems like another attempt of fake outrage by people in this thread becuz I mean really how many nikkaz in here was wearing hoodies for trayvon or outside protesting? So for nikkaz to shyt on kobe just becuz he didn't say the typical r.i.p. trayvon or post a pic of a hoody on instagram to me seems fluke.. :yeshrug:
All you're doing is being mad dismissive about peoples feelings on what happened, as if YOU know what qualifies as real outrage and Hurt. Man please...let black folks be upset without looking for qualifiers

JahBuhLun

Graphic Alchemist
Daps
lol, look Kobe said some ignorant shyt but that doesn't excuse you for being equally as ignorant. Kobe didn't rape that bytch and her whole case was obliterated because unlike many black males in this country Kobe was able to afford a great defense team plus the bytch obviously was lying so she could get a come up through civil courts which she did. The fact that he went through the rape case and didn't learn something from that is what's so crazy. Now yall see why I be stressing that separation between player and person is important? If nothing else, I'm glad this post racial negro was honest. Still my nikka on the court for life, but it kinda confirmed to me that I'd prolly not be cool with off the court Kobe if I was running in those type of circles.
You called me ignorant but that was the point I have been making since my first post. If he really raped her or not is beside the point because he was on trial for it. He above most people should now how Black men are treated in our society, yet he's being ignorant to the way society operates because he doesn't want to see it that way.

really

All Star
Daps
:what:call me crazy but I don't get what the big deal is about what he said...all he said in his quote waz that you should know the facts of what happen before coming to somebody's defense and that you shouldn't come to their defense just becuz their black. Which is true. Becuz a lot of people were wearing hoodies and acting outraged and didn't even know what the fukk really happened. they just knew it was a white guy that killed a black kid wearing a hoodie. And of course he is referring to before all the facts and evidence came out. So I don't get it...

Imagine.. Sitting in a chair being interviewed....

Interviewer asks you a question TOTALLY out of the blue... some shyt you never been asked before and never rehearsed or even THOUGHT about...

"Lebron put on a hoodie for trayvon.... why didn't you?"

This basically what the nikka asked Kobe

What were his options for an answer?

1) I don't give a fukk about black people... next question
2) I don't know, I was just busy at the time
3) Lebron cares more about black people than me
4) No comment
5) the answer he gave

I think what people are forgetting, is that the man was ASKED A QUESTION.... For those outraged, can you please tell me a better way he could've answered THIS particular question?

The man basically had to make an excuse or reasoning for himself... and this is the answer he gave. I challenge ANYONE to tell me a better way to answer that question better than how he did. You know Kobe try to sound all smart and shyt.:mjlol:

The way nikkas is acting... Is like Kobe just woke up one night, got on Facebook, and let his true feelings out unprovoked...

He got challenged with a question about why HE didn't do anything....

For the record, during the whole trayvon shyt (when it first popped off), I didn't know or care to know what the hell was going on... I was busy grinding... I learned about the Trayvon shyt a year later. Kobe is psychotic about basketball, so I'm sure he wasn't busy watching the news or none of that shyt just like me... He didn't even have twitter at the time.

If I didn't know the details of Trayvon, it's perfectly feasible Kobe didn't either... More likely even. nikka was in the Middle of the NBA Season with the playoffs approaching, you know he's in psycho mode... We all know Lebron aint got that kinda drive, so he was actually paying attention to what was going on in the world:ehh:.... I bet Kobe had trouble keeping up with his Kids Birthdays during his Playoff runs.. Thats just how that nikka built

Status
Not open for further replies.