Status
Not open for further replies.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Are you serious? :what: As if most white kids are not influenced by pop culture/video games/other forms of entertainment. I swear anything that is negative is attributed to the black community (drugs, materialism, celeb worship...etc...):stopitslime:. Any visible public figure, like Kobe, expected to hold themselves to a higher standard because of their potential influence on any community
I'm dead ass serious. If anything, all that should be taken from them is that they're black and successful. I don't care about their opinions on anything outside of their professions.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
Lebron and Wade took that photo a few weeks after Trayvon Martin was murdered, before all the details came out. Maybe that's what Kobe is talking about. They did support him without knowing all the facts.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
people like Kobe and Jordan, even Barkley(remember he agreed with the verdict) etc are often disconnected from reality. In a sense, they've been treated so well by white ppl and every other race b/c of their celeb stature that they don't see everyday issues going on. On top of that, they are wrapped up in themselves so much and that arrogance/ego has never failed them in life due to their profession. In fact it helped them.

They don't really live on the same Earth as 99% of the world.

When's the last time you think Kobe/Jordan etc had wait for anything? Or the last time they were told "sorry, we can't do that for you"? All that type of stuff warps your view of reality

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Are you serious? :what: As if most white kids are not influenced by pop culture/video games/other forms of entertainment. I swear anything that is negative is attributed to the black community (drugs, materialism, celeb worship...etc...):stopitslime:. Any visible public figure, like Kobe, expected to hold themselves to a higher standard because of their potential influence on any community
Thats whats wrong with black people now. Folks looking to rappers and athletes as political figures when they should be looking to their parents. Being a public figure doesnt mean you should be held to a higher standard it simply means youre a public figure and youre opinion is heard on a larger scale. Its not an entertainers responsibility to act as a voice of reason, society fukked up thinking that.

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
I love Kobe and am a Kobe stan but like someone else said this is the Kobe from the early 2000s that most nikkas hated.

I always said that the rape case was the best thing to happen to Kobe because he got to see he was just another nikka just like the rest of us and he stopped giving a fukk.......but maybe he's forgotten those lessons.

madness

Taking my talents to South Beach
Daps
Reppin
City of Zoes
aOeIXyI.gif

Daps
Reppin
#LWO
put your fist down, p*ssy
You're either a cac or a c00n your damn self. How much of a moron do you have to be to compare ignorant comments made by an athlete, to racist comments made by a white police officer with a gun and a badge? fakkit.

MsBigHead

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Jets
Thats whats wrong with black people now. Folks looking to rappers and athletes as political figures when they should be looking to their parents. Being a public figure doesnt mean you should be held to a higher standard it simply means youre a public figure and youre opinion is heard on a larger scale. Its not an entertainers responsibility to act as a voice of reason, society fukked up thinking that.
I didnt say it was right....I said to stop making this a black thing when every community has this problem :what:

Status
Not open for further replies.