Kobe Bryant Was Not Impressed by the Miami Heat’s Trayvon Martin Protest

Status
Not open for further replies.

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
You guys use the word c00n too loosely. Kobe was not called a c00n back in the day because of anything that he did. That was just ignorance. This comment here is just stupid to make after we know all of the facts. Had he said this immediately, then he'd have a point about waiting to understand what happened (especially when Sharpton is involved), and even has a point about being objective (to a degree, but ignoring the impact of race is ridiculous), but anyone with an innate feeling of the psyche of black America would've just shut up. Anyone who watched that trial and saw all the facts unfold would've shut up.

These facts were indisputable: Zimmerman profiled Trayvon, was told not to follow him, he did so and initiated the confrontation and Trayvon was doing nothing wrong. Zimmerman's vigilante actions and the cops' subsequent attempt to cover it all up are why there was outcry in the first place. Anyone, who knows those things and still makes comments like Kobe made simply doesn't get it. Being ignorant doesn't make one a c00n and we don't know any of these athletes, but it does show that these aren't the people we should be looking at. Kobe's probably never been racially profiled in his life.

THE MACHINE

night owl
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
:scusthov: at people in here protecting Kobe "please Kobe, just dont talk man" "c'mon Kobe be quiet". So you can root for him knowing he wont stand for you when you are bleeding out on the concrete while your racist killer fraternizes with the cops. Y'all are grown ass people and should want to hear what the athletes you and your kids root for have to say. Now that his thoughts are public, its decision time.

dennis roadman

nuclear war in my bag
Daps
Reppin
solsbury hill
No but it makes it a lot easier to ignore and harder to understand. Spending so many years away from America had me lose touch of the situation in America, it took my mother constantly exposing me to it and helping me not to forget where I come from to want to get involved when I came back to America. It's not an excuse but its certainly harder to understand and be involved in something that has never really touched you.
and that's not an excuse?

kobe is a grown man, should his mother have to forcefully expose (no kate faber pun intended) him to the "situation" here in this country, where he's lived for 25 years and has made millions by selling shoes and apparel to black kids?

MsBigHead

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Jets
This is the problem right here. We're the only people that let those whose only influence is money dictate our opinions. These dudes are athletes. Not black leaders.

Are you serious? :what: As if most white kids are not influenced by pop culture/video games/other forms of entertainment. I swear anything that is negative is attributed to the black community (drugs, materialism, celeb worship...etc...):stopitslime:. Any visible public figure, like Kobe, expected to hold themselves to a higher standard because of their potential influence on any community

MoneyTron

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Wow, I went in a meeting and this 3 pages, came out at 17. Yall doing work. :heh:

Bean still OK with me. Dude is weird as ever though...

Daps
Reppin
#LWO
These kobe haters are trying to spin this into painting Kobe as a c00n. Yes Kobe's statements were wrong but he's not a c00n. And @Malta I usually look for you to be the voice of reason but :usure: Bron has a brain, he posed in that vogue cover as an ape holding that white lady and you don't consider that not c00ning ? :what:

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Is what he said stupid as fukk considering the whole Trayvon incident was a valid case of racial injustice? Yes.

Is he a c00n? No.

Does he have a point about black people caping for black folks without hearing the entire story first? Yes. Ironically, Kobe's own rape case was a case of black people supporting someone blindly because they were black which makes it so stupid that he's the one complaining about it happening.

your right the irony of what Kobe said is crazy. Everybody thought he raped that chick except black people because we could relate to being guilty until proven innocent in America. I think Kobe is missing that racial aspect of reality in America and simply feeling empathy for a guy who everyone hates and think (know) is guilty but got off on a technicality just like Kobe did.....

either way fukk Kobe I hope he has to do his least favorite thing and give a public apology for this fukkery because stfu on shyt you have no idea about you fukking athlete.

GoogleMe

$ ¥ € £ $
Daps
Reppin
The Street
From OJ to Kobe, uh let's call him Tobe
First he played his life cool just like Michael
Now he rock ice too just like I do
Yo, you can't do better than that?
The hotel clerk who adjusts the bathroom mat?
Now you lose sponsorships that you thought had your back
Yeah, you beat the rap jiggaboo, fake nikka you
You turn around then you shyt on Shaq
Who woulda knew, Mr. Goodie-Two-Shoes
He love a little butt crack, got enough cash
Little kids with they bus pass who look up to you
To do something for the youth, stupid spoof
But you let them use you as an example
They would rep, but our heroes got they hands full

jJIeT4H.jpg

Goatpoacher

Superstar
Daps
You guys use the word c00n too loosely. Kobe was not called a c00n back in the day because of anything that he did. That was just ignorance. This comment here is just stupid to make after we know all of the facts. Had he said this immediately, then he'd have a point about waiting to understand what happened (especially when Sharpton is involved), and even has a point about being objective (to a degree, but ignoring the impact of race is ridiculous), but anyone with an innate feeling of the psyche of black America would've just shut up. Anyone who watched that trial and saw all the facts unfold would've shut up.

These facts were indisputable: Zimmerman profiled Trayvon, was told not to follow him, he did so and initiated the confrontation and Trayvon was doing nothing wrong. Zimmerman's vigilante actions and the cops' subsequent attempt to cover it all up are why there was outcry in the first place. Anyone, who knows those things and still makes comments like Kobe made simply doesn't get it. Being ignorant doesn't make one a c00n and we don't know any of these athletes, but it does show that these aren't the people we should be looking at. Kobe's probably never been racially profiled in his life.

This and the fact that the bullshyt law was an idea thrown out and marketed by a right wing racist "think" tank and that the law is applied in an racially unfair manner. "Stand your Ground" is obviously a stupid fukking idea and what happened with Trayvon's death and the attempted coverup was a travesty that was known at that time.

It would have been politically correct to say, "let's wait for all the facts" back when this shyt started, but saying so now is fukking stupid.

madness

Taking my talents to South Beach
Daps
Reppin
City of Zoes
some of yall sound eerily similar to the "people" who be will posting support messages on kobe's twitter. "kobe's right. black people are always campaigning for the wrong things. it sucks a black kid died but hey shyt happens. we love you and get well soon kobe!"

Rev

Bong
Daps
Reppin
Uptown
Kobe really does want to be like Jordan in every aspect of life. It's unbelieveable.

Status
Not open for further replies.