Kobe Bryant Was Not Impressed by the Miami Heat’s Trayvon Martin Protest

Status
Not open for further replies.

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
nikka, how you gone play Carlton like that. When Will got shot, Carlton was ready to busy his gun.

You really think :childplease: bustin his heat for another black man.
And Carlton didn't snitch on Will when he almost OD'd on his speed pills. You think Kobe not snitching in that same situation? :shaq2:

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Kobe is right. Standing up for a race cause you're that race is stupid. What did Lebron accomplish? Nothing. Trayvon is still dead. Zimmerman was found innocent in the court of law so Kobe sounds a lot more intelligent than y'all. Zimmerman was wrong and he's a murderer but all Kobe is saying is that just because Trayvon is black doesn't mean he has to care. nikkas die everyday. You know how tiring it would be to fake support a black man/woman every week?

Broke Wave

The GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Open Society Foundation
Yeah....I see where your dumb ass head is at.

Great rebuttal to my posts man. pro tip : Save that "space" "im in a feminist space" "im in a POC space" shyt for the college campus nikka :laff: we're adults here.

Sorry, no amount of spin will work on this :russ: This clown Kobe is talking about the Trayvon case like it just happened and like we don't know the facts.

Kobe is a c00n, Bron is not, deal with it.

No doubt man. I think people think I'm trying to slickly defend Kobe but I am really not. He is a stone cold steve c00n and this statement is indefensible. I'm not even going to say LeBron is a c00n too and make it about him but what I am trying to illustrate is that the rich in this country (Canada) and your country for the most part do not see themselves as a part of society. LeBron's shoes are being made by children in China and Malysia he does not give a shyt. Same with Kobe's and Mike's. They could do something about it but they choose not to. I think it's laughable to think that these celebrities gave a shyt about TM though or any other poor black kid out here. The rich are guilty until proven innocent of the charge of "not giving a shyt", ESPECIALLY black people.

Primetime21

This my city
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lemongrass, cherries, alkaline water
You paid to post on a website. Who is really smoking crack? So me the proof that George Zimmerman killed Trayvon because he was a negroid. Prove to me that Trayvon was a good kid. I'll wait

Why would you ask for proof that Trayvon was a good kid? Lets say he wasnt. Does he now deserve to be stalked and murdered in the night for his family to mourn him, because he wasn't a good kid? You devils are unreal

Dwight Howard

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I also not a fan of c00n on this board is so over used. Kobe hasn't done anything to set black people back at all, so I don't see why we have to throw that word around. He obviously just can't understand the difficulty of the struggle. He has a two parent home, grew up in a 6 figure family. He is ignorant but certainly hasn't done any harm to the race. I agree that his comments where bullshyt but just because he doesn't understand doesn't make him some race traitor.
these dudes dont know any better, using the word c00n like its slang smh. these dudes dont know the origin of the word clearly. Kobe's not entitled to speak on black issues just because he's black. He's an athlete not a politician.

MsBigHead

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Jets
I just asked a question. I sent what little change I have andb was very critical of my FRIENDS who didn't think twice about the situation. So before your act like you know me, why don't yout ask what I did for the people before you loop me in with those who stood by and did nothing.

We were out here in Houston and we shut down the busiest, most luxurious area in the city.

:snoop: Ive seen so many that havent done anything criticize those that are, but nothing but Respect for that breh :obama: . Thats y i am pissed that someone with his platform would say something like this :wow: . Its comes off as so flippant and cold

Francium

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Kobe is right. Standing up for a race cause you're that race is stupid. What did Lebron accomplish? Nothing. Trayvon is still dead. Zimmerman was found innocent in the court of law so Kobe sounds a lot more intelligent than y'all. Zimmerman was wrong and he's a murderer but all Kobe is saying is that just because Trayvon is black doesn't mean he has to care. nikkas die everyday. You know how tiring it would be to fake support a black man/woman every week?

555322240.gif

MVike28

right around the ACC
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Great rebuttal to my posts man. pro tip : Save that "space" "im in a feminist space" "im in a POC space" shyt for the college campus nikka :laff: we're adults here.

No doubt man. I think people think I'm trying to slickly defend Kobe but I am really not. He is a stone cold steve c00n and this statement is indefensible. I'm not even going to say LeBron is a c00n too and make it about him but what I am trying to illustrate is that the rich in this country (Canada) and your country for the most part do not see themselves as a part of society. LeBron's shoes are being made by children in China and Malysia he does not give a shyt. Same with Kobe's and Mike's. They could do something about it but they choose not to. I think it's laughable to think that these celebrities gave a shyt about TM though or any other poor black kid out here. The rich are guilty until proven innocent of the charge of "not giving a shyt", ESPECIALLY black people.
:ehh: good points you make.

Kobe fukked up major with this one.

Goes to show how out of touch he really is. He's as black as Bob Johnson from BET.

fukk him.

h2o_proof

Thread Closed...As Usual
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I think this has more to do with Kobe being out of touch with who HE is within society rather than others being out of touch with the progress black people have made in America which is what he tried to spin it as.

Wade and Lebron are the leaders of the Miami Heat, not only that but they have a platform from which to speak upon things directly impacting their community which is South Florida. Maybe Kobe's argument would have made sense if it were directed at players from say the Milwaukee Bucks had they staged a protest. Also, and most importantly, Wade and Lebron are both RAISING young African American sons who will one day be "black men". This is something Kobe can't relate to, he doesn't have son's. Kobe has never been able to relate to black men and from that stance he is actually correct to not involve himself as this is not his area of expertise.

Most people, who have any level of rationale who, like Kobe, never grew up poor or disenfranchised and understandably cannot relate to certain things at least have the capacity to empathize. Kobe is a different breed though. He's just as stubborn as his head coach whom he admired as a kid and wore his number but now wants fired.

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
True, it does go a long way sometimes, but in other instances real acts are needed. As has already been brought up, how many money or legal support did the Martin family receive from, not only Bron or Wade, but other prominent persons who "stood up" against the crime and took pictures in hoodies? This is not about what Kobe said, which is wrong in this case imo, but the whole "let's wear hoodies and take pictures". And no, Kobe didn't donate shyt either, which is why I don't turn to these NBa players for social issues. Or to rappers.

I think some of you are missing the point and forgetting what happened. Besides the horrendous murder of a teen, what really made the story become a Civil Rights story was that the police fukkED up and didn't even try to properly investigate the situation. It took 45 days for the man to be charged after PUBLIC outrage and pleas. It was a time that celebrities shining light on the situation helped bring attention to the matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.