Kobe Bryant Was Not Impressed by the Miami Heat’s Trayvon Martin Protest

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsBigHead

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Jets
Now we can see who are the white members of LWO :mjpls: . Joking aside, this is indefensible......Kobe (who recently jumped on the social media bandwagon himself) was not trying to make a stand against faux protesters and militants. He is actually insulting those that did take action in a situation that he obviously knows nothing about.

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
How?

Kobe is a snob off the court. Always has been, always will be.

If I knew Kobe personally, I'd probably hate em or snuff em:manny:

He's a GAWD on the courts though and we should have all BEEN came to that conclusion.

Off the court, Kobe's a lame, arrogant, cocky, snobbish rich man:pacspit:

On the court, he's excellent. An amazing basketball player blessed with an abundance of skill:ohlawd:

He's Carlton with great basketball talents:yeshrug:

nikka, how you gone play Carlton like that. When Will got shot, Carlton was ready to busy his gun.

You really think :childplease: bustin his heat for another black man.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
61_430-walter-iooss-tyra-banks-kobe-bryant-1999.jpg

Kobe-Bryant-Brandy.jpg

This just reinforces my point...dude looks mad uncomfortable in both pics...

Did he DATE brandy or just take her to the prom? There's a big difference...

Tyra out here with that "please hurry and take the pic he may hit me again" look on her face

No_bammer_weed

✌️ Coli. Wish y’all the best of luck. One
Daps
On some real shyt though... the man is worth hundreds of millions of dollars and has been rich and famous since he was 17... He is obviously totally out of touch with what's going on in real life. I don't look for Kobe to give me advice on anything tangible, nor do I even really care about his opinion.

I don't ask basketball players and multi-millionaires how they think dark matter will be effected by the Higgs Boson particle.

This is less of Kobe being a tom IMO than Kobe being another out of touch mega wealthy American who could give a fukk less about the rest of us. Same with Lebron James and everyone else in the NBA. The super-rich aren't your friends nor are they even in your community. Kobe doesn't see Trayvon as a black brother because TM was a poor lil nikka.

If you think Lebron really cared about TM and therefore is a better black man than Kobe be my guest. I don't excuse this clownish behaviour from this nikka but I can guarantee you if the TM thing didnt' become as big as it did and Lebron heard about it he would not have given a quarter of 1 fukk just like every other black super rich.

Lebron and Wade are also worth hundreds of millions of dollars, and yet they were able to support the Trayvon Martin cause and the collective consciousness of black america, while Kobe chose to occupy a different space on the issue. You're twisting yourself in a pretzel trying to create your own reality here.

mbewane

Knicks: 93 til infinity
Daps
Reppin
Brussels, Belgium
http://thinkprogress.org/security/2007/05/24/13220/lebron-james-darfur/#

The Cleveland Cavaliers’ Ira Newble recently wrote an open letter criticizing China’s role in the Darfur genocide, urging fellow basketball players to pressure China to change its policy ahead of the 2008 Summer Olympics. “China cannot be a legitimate host to the premier international event in the sporting world – the Summer Olympic Games – while it remains complicit in the terrible suffering and destruction that continues to this day,” the letter stated.

While most of Newble’s teammates signed the letter, only two did not: Damon Jones andLeBron James. James, one of the NBA’s most recognizable faces, is a perennial all-star and was named a tri-captain of the 2006 USA World Championship Team. In an op-ed in today’s Christian Science Monitor, NYU history professor Jonathan Zimmerman explains the dynamics behind Jones and James’s decision:

James said he didn’t have enough information about the issue to take a stand. Mr. Jones wouldn’t comment. We can choose to take them at their word, of course — or we can follow the money. Jones has an endorsement contract with an up-and-coming Chinese shoe and apparel company. James has a $90 million deal with Nike, which has huge business interests in China. [...]

Ironically, LeBron James has not decided whether he will compete in Beijing. But in the real battle, over Darfur, James has elected to stay on the sidelines. That’s his right, of course. And the rest of us have the right to call his behavior what it is.

China is Sudan’s largest trading partner. Brookings scholar Roberta Cohen wrote, “Were China to use even a small part of its leverage to call Sudan to account, it would go a long way toward saving lives in Sudan.”

In July 2005, the Center for American Progress Action Fund teamed up with the Genocide Intervention Fund to call citizens to “be a witness” of the genocide and ask major television networks to report on the massacre. James now appears in Nike advertisements calling others to be a witness… of his basketball stardom.

:mjpls:

NOT defending what Kobe said tho, but these NBA players are not who we should be looking to for social issues.

Born2BKing

Veteran
Daps
Choo choo

Jim Brown called it. Though many of us is not surprised by his rational/reasoning, he's a millionaire trying his best not be labeled,categorized and be perceived as stereotypical. Now if a millionaire has this fear, imagine the regular joe
Whoa, glad Ali or Jim Brown didn't think like this. :whew:

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
nikka, how you gone play Carlton like that. When Will got shot, Carlton was ready to busy his gun.

You really think :childplease: bustin his heat for another black man.

Kobe'll give the "facts" about what really happened

9be276a52c5ac9e
[/URL]

:mjpls:

MsBigHead

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Jets
difference between us and them is that we'll admit if one of our players says or does something stupid. Watch #WeakNation duck or justify this post tho :satwo:

STFU your members have been making excuses.throughout the whole thread. The Lebron cover was embarrassing. It does not make what Koonbe said less disgusting :camby:

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
You sit and you listen to the facts just like you would in any other situation, right? So I won’t assert myself.”

A teenage boy was killed by a man who not only followed him without the authority to do so, but actually disregarded police commands to stay in the vehicle. Then the police decide not to even investigate properly or charge this man without massive social pressure. I can maybe understand saying something like this early on but the facts have been out there.

What other facts are there?

flo

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This just reinforces my point...dude looks mad uncomfortable in both pics...

Did he DATE brandy or just take her to the prom? There's a big difference...

Tyra out here with that "please hurry and take the pic he may hit me again" look on her face

Not sure.

He looks fine to me :manny:

6g9zpg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.