Kobe Bryant Was Not Impressed by the Miami Heat’s Trayvon Martin Protest

Status
Not open for further replies.

NelsonSwagdela

All Star
Daps
I can't rock with this at all. I'm a Kobe fan but I'm not going to excuse his ignorance on the situation, I'm american but I traveled growing up all over the world and didn't spend much time in the states until I was much older. But I still knew exactly who I was, I would go years without being effected by the racism of America, but at the end of the day I always knew, it does effect me and the people who were struggling, were just like me. So this is ignorance Kobe chooses to have no information about and still speak on it. Instead, I forced my self to be informed and involved because I knew that was part of who I am. Honestly as much as I am a fan of his game, the things he says and does, can't help you think he feels like hes better than kids like Trayvon and even Lebron and Wade. But just because you are well traveled, ignorance is still ignorance and clearly Kobe is ignorant to the situations of blacks in America.

Trojan 24

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just Win Baby
This is what I think.

And this ain't me bashing the Heats, shyt is deeper the LeBron writing RIP on his shoe or Jamie Foxx wearing "I Am Trayvon" T shirts, but when the verdict went down, there were more people outside the state of Florida protesting than in the state of Florida. shyt, the black folk down here shut down the fukking freeway.

This is what I think Kobe sees. With social media we get all these people trying to be quasi protesters. But for almost all of them it's just fad, they quickly forget the cause and move on to some new shyt.

I-Hate-You

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
As the head of the Coli Dirk Nowitzki stan coalition I condemn and do not condone these statements.

eZvtwX8.png

Status
Not open for further replies.