Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

Boonapalist

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lakers
He was never hated like his biggest stans thought he was. He has been getting this treatment.

Pre-Colorado, the media was amazing to him but the players didn’t really seem to fukk with him.

From 2003-2008, he got his first hate from the media for the fallout with Shaq, Colorado, losing the 3-1 lead, demanding a trade etc., but his individual scoring peaked during that time and he was regularly celebrated for all of that. That was the only time when he was really polarizing.

From 2008-now, the players have been on his side and the media has treated him like a king.
Star players rarely get the amount of hate they’re fans feel they do. I think fans want the media to basically not criticize their favorites at all. The only stars I can recall getting hate like that were Iverson and Melo.

But popular players like Kobe with constant media coverage are usually polarizing until they near retirement in my opinion.

Sniper

All Star
Daps
Real talk.

It’s infected the media. I think it’s the only sport that’s covered by people that actually hate the players.

People legit HATE Westbrook, CP3 and Harden, when they’re all time greats.

Even dudes like Dwight Howard who’s been clownish. Fans and media legit hate his guts. You don’t see that in other sports.

To be fair, it’s because of the closeness of the NBA players. It’s a gift and a curse. There’s only five players in the starting lineup, most teams fans only care about one or two players.

Meaning we know much more about them than other sports. There’s no helmets to shield their faces, and there cameras aren’t far away. So in essence, fans are closer to and know the athletes more.

That gives fans more of a connection or more reason to hate players.

It’s just the way it is.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Jennie with another incredible story

people talk about loyalty in sports how its non existent etc. but the lakers are a top class organization from all dr. buss did for magic to jeanie and kobe.

Lakers might be the only organization in professional sports who would have given their old star player with one good leg coming off that type of injury that big ass extension

FUPA

#LWO
Daps
Reppin
Lakers, Dodgers
I just keep rewatching this clip over and over and I can't stop. It just don't make sense man. Why did they have to take Gigi too?:mjcry:.....it makes me feel sick. You know Kobe would have endured any kind of pain just to spare his little girl. Obviously none of us will ever know the truth of all this shyt until we leave. But I just have to believe their spirits were always meant to leave together. Maybe they've lived many lifetimes together already. Maybe their souls venture apart for a while but eventually they always find their way back to eachother. I don't know. But their bond was a beautiful thing to see. And as sad as it may seem right now, there is something beautiful about them leaving this life together.

Ive been off social media since sunday and everytime i think its ok to go back on i see pics of Kobe and Gigi. Their love almost seems like they were meant to be together forever. I dont know if theirs a after life or really if one exists. But if anything is out there I know for damn sure they will be together forever.

Man up

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Bryant-1.jpg

The wizenard series check it out if you didnt know, especially if you have kids.

R.I.P Kobe

Daps
Reppin
NULL

This was better than a lot of the All Star games from that era. A forgotten jewel

That game includes one of my favorite Kobe stories.

On a bus full of all-stars he basically called everyone out. Said if ya'll are bullshytting I'mma embarrass you. If we're keeping it a buck the NBA All-Star game hasn't been good since Kobe retired. He was the guy that was holding people accountable to actually compete at these exhibition games rather than just messing around. We've all seen how bad the all-star game has become now that dudes don't wanna compete anymore.

He really was something else.