Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Some of yalls hate was overboard. Calling him a rapist and shyt. Clowning the fact that he didn’t have a son and laughing about it. Ima let y’all cook with the sorrow then ima make a thread and put y’all accounts on blast.

no need to try and delete, I have the receipts

Get it my nikka!!! Been thinking the same shyt with the media too. Let shyt cool down for a bit but yeah when the time is right put these jokers in blast. Acting all sad, they didn’t spend 20+ years really defending this nikka and shedding real nikka tears since Sunday :mjcry:

Last edited:

Sniper

All Star
Daps
Anyone that’s paid any attention to me for the past 15 years knows that I’ve probably never hated on an athlete more than I’ve hated on Kobe. I’ve spent so many hours off and online arguing with his fans. Barbershops, cookouts, Internet forums. Even with my own brother who is the worlds biggest Kobe Stan.

You always hear the cliche that love and hate are the same emotion. I’ve had to come to grips with this being a reality the past few days.

I hated him because deep down I respected him so much.

We grew up as Jordan Stans. He was a god to us. We followed the way he moved, played and the way he wore his shorts and shoes. If we were the best player on the team and got to pick our jersey number we all wanted #23. My entire free throw routine was a direct mimicking of Mike. To the last detail. We would stick out our tongues when we played at the rec center in elementary.

We ALL wanted to be like Mike. The reason I hated on Kobe so much is because he was close to my age and was the only one that came close. He achieved what we always aspired to be. He succeeded where we all failed.

Respect on this post...

What’s strange is, from my memory only Lakers fans a some others liked Kobe. Most didn’t like Kobe, they said he was arrogant, stuck up and too full of him at.

After the incident in Colorado, he softened up a bit and became more approachable and more human.

Even with that said, most fans didn’t like him. It wasn’t until his last couple of years or really when he announced it was his last year playing when he was truly celebrated.

Opposing players didn’t like him, but they respected him. The last few years of his life he embraced others and let them into who he was and why he was about.

Before that, it was basketball and his family and that was it.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
This was my favorite song of 2019. Listened to it yesterday and some of the lyrics made me think of Kobe and the victims and their families

My kids say I'll never come home again.....and I know they're right.....at least tonight

The priest said......you're gonna lose family. And he might be right......at least tonight

This is so heavy......for me

Daps
Get it my nikka!!! Been thinking the same shyt with the media too. Let shyt cool down for a bit but yeah when the time is right put these jokers in blast. Acting all sad, they didn’t spend 20+ years really defending this nikka and shedding real nikka years since Sunday :mjcry:
My brother and I are huge Kobe stans and have been taking this extremely tough. One of the main things that bothers us is that NOW Kobe is getting the universal praise and adoration he should have received while he was with us. :mjcry:

DjMe

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some of yalls hate was overboard. Calling him a rapist and shyt. Clowning the fact that he didn’t have a son and laughing about it. Ima let y’all cook with the sorrow then ima make a thread and put y’all accounts on blast.

no need to try and delete, I have the receipts

Lame.
They're sad now cause they realized how pointless hate is, and they're trying to grow.
Yet you wanna clown them and bring that hate back up, huh?
Cause you're the bigger man?
On some "look at these haters, Im so above it, Imma hate by putting THEM on blast."
Lame.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Toxic ass basketball stan war culture needs to fukking die. Worst shyt in sports. Niqqas don’t appreciate the present when on that bullshyt.

shyt is trash
Real talk.

It’s infected the media. I think it’s the only sport that’s covered by people that actually hate the players.

People legit HATE Westbrook, CP3 and Harden, when they’re all time greats.

Even dudes like Dwight Howard who’s been clownish. Fans and media legit hate his guts. You don’t see that in other sports.