Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
Anyone that’s paid any attention to me for the past 15 years knows that I’ve probably never hated on an athlete more than I’ve hated on Kobe. I’ve spent so many hours off and online arguing with his fans. Barbershops, cookouts, Internet forums. Even with my own brother who is the worlds biggest Kobe Stan.

You always hear the cliche that love and hate are the same emotion. I’ve had to come to grips with this being a reality the past few days.

I hated him because deep down I respected him so much.

We grew up as Jordan Stans. He was a god to us. We followed the way he moved, played and the way he wore his shorts and shoes. If we were the best player on the team and got to pick our jersey number we all wanted #23. My entire free throw routine was a direct mimicking of Mike. To the last detail. We would stick out our tongues when we played at the rec center in elementary.

We ALL wanted to be like Mike. The reason I hated on Kobe so much is because he was close to my age and was the only one that came close. He achieved what we always aspired to be. He succeeded where we all failed.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville

I didn't know he had a daughter older than Gigi

The taller one is Natalia

The Bryants' first child, Natalia, was born in January 2003.[383] The birth resulted in a reconciliation between Bryant and his parents. Due to an ectopic pregnancy, Vanessa suffered a miscarriage in the spring of 2005. Their second daughter, Gianna, was born in May 2006.[384] On December 16, 2011, Vanessa Bryant filed for divorce, citing irreconcilable differences, and the couple requested joint custody of their daughters.[385][386] On January 11, 2013, Bryant and his wife both announced via social media that they had called off their divorce.[387] In early December 2016, Vanessa gave birth to their third daughter, Bianka[388][389][390] and in January 2019 the Bryants announced they were expecting a fourth daughter.[391] Their daughter, Capri Kobe, was born in June 2019.[392][393]

per Wiki

:snoop:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
Anyone that’s paid any attention to me for the past 15 years knows that I’ve probably never hated on an athlete more than I’ve hated on Kobe. I’ve spent so many hours off and online arguing with his fans. Barbershops, cookouts, Internet forums. Even with my own brother who is the worlds biggest Kobe Stan.

You always hear the cliche that love and hate are the same emotion. I’ve had to come to grips with this being a reality the past few days.

I hated him because deep down I respected him so much.

We grew up as Jordan Stans. He was a god to us. We followed the way he moved, played and the way he wore his shorts and shoes. If we were the best player on the team and got to pick our jersey number we all wanted #23. My entire free throw routine was a direct mimicking of Mike. To the last detail. We would stick out our tongues when we played at the rec center in elementary.

We ALL wanted to be like Mike. The reason I hated on Kobe so much is because he was close to my age and was the only one that came close. He achieved what we always aspired to be. He succeeded where we all failed.
There’s a reason why I called Kobe, Vince and others victims of the worst marketing scheme employed by the NBA. Kobe took a lot of bullshyt hits for the NBA pushing that next MJ bs.

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
83415055_2274927336141166_5113285967502901248_n.jpg

Daps
I find myself angry at that pilot for continuing to fly in that poor weather with fog so thick police helicopters were grounded because of it.

I hate him lowkey. his dumbass decision took a black hero and his daughter away from us.
23949592-7938849-Ara_Zobayan_pictured_50_was_a_pilot_for_the_aircraft_s_owner_Isl-a-10_1580243110922.jpg
:pacspit:fukking idiot.

Wait ... I thought the pilot was black! :mindblown:

Who is the black guy whose pic they keep circulating around?? :wtf: I know I seen a pic of a black guy with the pilots name under it

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I dont understand why we HAVE to talk about anything right now. You telling me he coudlnt talk about that shyt 2 weeks ago? I gotta give the side eye to anyone that decides the right time to shyt on someone is moment they die.
I guess the only thing I don’t understand is what exactly the end game is when people bring it up. I don’t necessarily mind it since it was a big part of his life, but once we talk about it....then what?