Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I find myself thinking like a kid on this one, just wanting a do-over. Like something or someone to tell them to drive, fly down the night before, or just land and not try to brave the fog.

I just wish that everyone on the chopper could have their family back. And it’s just a thought that keeps sticking with me

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I think Kobe was legit the happiest athlete off the court. Breh was loving retirement with no worry in the world. :mjcry:

its funny because usually greats can't stay away they need a analyst, commentator, coach, ownership type of ish, or you hear of guys going broke or depressed and ish. Kobe was like ehh, i think i remember reading is he only started watching basketball after retirement because of his daughter.

Buckeye Fever

YOU WILL ALL HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hip-Hop Since '79
I think Kobe was legit the happiest athlete off the court. Breh was loving retirement with no worry in the world. :mjcry:
I know it's been echoed multiple times in this thread, but I can't believe this happened. We all got to witness him in his prime in basketball. He gave so much to the game and to people in general, whether it be inspiration, an example of how to keep pushin', etc. No celebrity death has hit me like this one. I was looking forward to seein' him in about 6 yrs, in the crowd at the final four, watching Gigi win the national championship. What about when his daughters eventually wanna get married? He's not here to give them away. Just so much about this that makes me feel terrible.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I find myself thinking like a kid on this one, just wanting a do-over. Like something or someone to tell them to drive, fly down the night before, or just land and not try to brave the fog.

I just wish that everyone on the chopper could have their family back. And it’s just a thought that keeps sticking with me

this and the way they died, and then their bodies just lying all over the place. i just can't get over it. And then reading stuff like this

Per the medical examiner-coroner, fingerprints were used to confirm the identities of Bryant, 41; Orange Coast College baseball coach John Altobelli, 56; Sarah Chester, 45; and the pilot, Ara Zobayan, 50.

The coroner’s office has yet to officially identify the rest of the bodies recovered from the wreckage, though according to Sports Illustrated, friends and family have identified the remaining victims as such:

just shows the state of the bodies and it makes me so sad

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
this and the way they died, and then their bodies just lying all over the place. i just can't get over it. And then reading stuff like this

Per the medical examiner-coroner, fingerprints were used to confirm the identities of Bryant, 41; Orange Coast College baseball coach John Altobelli, 56; Sarah Chester, 45; and the pilot, Ara Zobayan, 50.

The coroner’s office has yet to officially identify the rest of the bodies recovered from the wreckage, though according to Sports Illustrated, friends and family have identified the remaining victims as such:

just shows the state of the bodies and it makes me so sad

fingerprint stuff is just procedure and quicker to do and not an indicator of their condition. When it comes to checking off boxes on the forms, that’s one of them. Just procedure.

not publicly identifying them for our sake doesn’t mean they’re having a hard time doing so, but they want to control the flow of info since it’s no secret that there are law enforcement and hospital workers on the TMZ money train who regularly leak info before the official release

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Kobe was so open and willing to help others improve their game. Not many athletes are willing to do that, they're so paranoid about their status or place in the game not wanting anyone to surpass them. Kobe was secure enough in his legacy that he welcomed improving the game he loved so much by passing on his knowledge. That is what will define him.