Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I think it'll start sinking in for some after the funeral. In my case I've kinda accepted it already, the funeral will be the thing that cements he's gone. It's still so fresh and the sadness is so immense that it's difficult to wrap your head around it yet. Some never will, I know from experience Vanessa, the kids and the other families left behind will always feel an emptiness that you can't fill.

Inferno

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East Bay
I think it'll start sinking in for some after the funeral. In my case I've kinda accepted it already, the funeral will be the thing that cements he's gone. It's still so fresh and the sadness is so immense that it's difficult to wrap your head around it yet. Some never will, I know from experience Vanessa, the kids and the other families left behind will always feel an emptiness that you can't fill.

I'm glad that people close to him have been coming out and talking about their memories with him publicly...as Ernie said on TNT talking about him is helping us all get through it together...

Payday23

Superstar
Daps
I'm still confused. At first I thought the chopper clipped the mountain.

But the pilot ascended up to 2000 ft and then the chopper just dropped at a super higj rate of speed? Even if the engine died it wouldn't fall at that speed

I hate to say it but that sounds like it almost intentional
Nah. He got confused. Eyewitness said he didn't know where to go and couldn't see because of fog

Legalese

Banned
Daps
I cried at least 8 or 9 times the first 2 days after it happened. And I still find myself in disbelief that he is gone, but now I'm flat out angry! It seems like every couple of hours I'll just shake my head and yell "fukk!" at the top of my lungs and look for the closest thing I can find to punch.

Between this and what happened to Nip, I'm cool on the subject of God and religion. I was listening to some prime music on the way home and I was actually taking my mind of it for a bit and then Jhene Aiko "Eternal Sunshine" came on and I had to pull my truck over. This really has me fukkED UP!!!!

I realized the grief, the anger, God's will, none of that shyt matters. Because the fact of the matter is, all I want is for Bean to be here BREATHING and no amount of tears or prayer or anger is going to bring him back!
There are disciples that said the same thing when Christ died.
God sends these figures, they do what they were put on earth to do. They perish, and your faith is tested.
Your faith will constantly keep being tested.
:ufdup:

Daps
I thought Michael Jackson death was rough but this one hitting much harder. I think Kobe was just ingrained in American culture and folklore.

It's not that. Its just that they were 2 different types of legends.

MJ came from the era of the mystery of celebrity where it was his job to make himself bigger than life and he did it well. The This is It tour was gonna be his first tour in the United states in like 15 or 20 years I think. He rarely did interviews, I dont blame him, he had the celebrity that would make gangsters and killers break out in tears if they ever saw him

Kobe was the guy we saw regularly in games during his career and then after that, we saw him everywhere in interviews or we would get quotes from him every couple of weeks. Kobe was like the every man kinda celeb, someone that we could run into somewhere as opposed to a Michael Jackson.

So that's why it hurts different