Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

Daps
How does tmz knew before the cops

They probably got eyes on most celebs in the area at all times and know everybody's schedule

So they may have known he was scheduled to get on a copter Sunday morning and knew the route and heard where the crash site was and checked with Mamba academy to see if Kobe made it there yet

Then put 2 and 2

Plus they ain't a real media organization so they dont mind stepping out there with info even if it aint confirmed as long as they can break the news

When they get stuff wrong, they just say "our bad" :yeshrug:

LeVraiPapi

Redemption is Coming
Daps
So it looks like he lost all sense of direction. Somebody in the YouTube comments said it's something called "spatial disorientation". You can't distinguish up from down, left from right. So the aircraft most likely sped up while in a vertical position and spiraled out of control. I'm also reading that if a copter descends too fast it can actually stall out. Basically once dude lost his sense of direction he completely panicked and lost control.

This was a freak accident that could’ve been avoided on many levels. The lack of proper equipment in the heli is gonna set in motion a change in protocol.

Talked to a friend of mine who is a pilot and he said the pilot is fully responsible for this. He said so many red flags that were ignored. He was flying low. He went in a fog. He knew the helicopter they were flying. He knew that making that wide ass turn could have disorinted him. He just gambled with people life.

Basically when it is that foggy. You rely on the insteument and the radar to fly. You fet clearance levels and highest object in your fly zone. Dude basically ignored everything and still went on. He got several warnings about flying low and ig ored them. If Kobe or anyone else knew how to fly, they could have picked up on it that dude was confused and did not know his whereabouts. Unlike airplanes, there is no autopilot for helicopters.

My friend said the pilot should have made an emergency landing by Burbank the latest. Same rwason we get jet lagged is same reason these pilots can get congused in the air. Thats why thwy have a max number of hours they can work monthly. I think 8 or 12 days a month.

Still dude cost Kobe and other ppl their lives and theres no coming back from that.

Daps
So it looks like he lost all sense of direction. Somebody in the YouTube comments said it's something called "spatial disorientation". You can't distinguish up from down, left from right. So the aircraft most likely sped up while in a vertical position and spiraled out of control. I'm also reading that if a copter descends too fast it can actually stall out. Basically once dude lost his sense of direction he completely panicked and lost control.

I can see this. Have u ever been out in the country in the woods at night? Literally no light at all? U can't even see your hand in front of your face and its easy to get spooked and lose all sense of where u are

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
Wonder how Z-Bo and his family are doing, he said on the Knuckleheads podcast that his daughter & Gigi were teammates on Kobe's team.

But on another note, as much as I try to occupy my mind on other things, I can't get this situation out of my mind. I think I took Kobe for granted, for the lack of a better phrase. And by that I mean I just assumed he'd be around for another 30-40 years sitting courtside at games, at All-Star Weekend, the HOF ceremonies, etc. just like Russell, Oscar, Kareem, etc.. With the exception of Pistol Pete, this isn't really something that's common in basketball. Even those like Wilt & Moses who passed they at least lived to their 60s. And hearing all these stories from so many players about how they kept in contact with him, this is such a major blow.

And that's why i'm still in shock and denial. Probably along with a lot of other people. I mean basketball players are invincible.I mean once Magic was able to live a long life, all bets were off. Dr J, Bill Russel, Nique, Bird. I mean all the old school players are still alive.

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
And that's why i'm still in shock and denial. Probably along with a lot of other people. I mean basketball players are invincible.I mean once Magic was able to live a long life, all bets were off. Dr J, Bill Russel, Nique, Bird. I mean all the old school players are still alive.
Yeah. Shaq touched on this. Majority of the GOATS you can still reach out and touch. Kobe is young as hell when in comparison

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Yeah. Shaq touched on this. Majority of the GOATS you can still reach out and touch. Kobe is young as hell when in comparison

on pti tony kornheiser said he's been watching the nba since it started and the first guy who won the mvp back in 1955 bob petit is still alive