Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

JackRoss

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
It does, but most of the time people usually say damn I wish I spent more time with them or something to that extent. Because normally you don't get to say goodbye to someone you care about when it comes to death. Death normally isn't like the movies.

Meh. I got life to prove my meh

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
81811049_171680757489423_6723859004547063612_n.jpg

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I feel guilty not appreciating Kobe till now. I always preferred Lebron and would make excuses why Kobe wasn't as amazing on the court as everyone said he was. How wrong I was brehs. This death made me put my biases to the side and say fukk beefs. Before I would argue Kobes not even top 10. Watching non stop highlights of him in the past 2 days ive realized how fukkin dense I was. Kobe is easily top 5, maybe even top 3. And his inspiration on the next gen of players is undeniable. Even more inspiring though I never realized what a dedicated father he was. All us fathers could learn a thing from his commitment to family.

RIP black mamba and your precious Gigi. You gained a new fan in me and have my utmost respect and love.

We did the same thing to Bron :manny: nitpicking him when he just a black man trying to live his life like everybody else.

It’s okay bruh it’s all forgiven.

The media pits us against each other :manny:

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
He was too confident in his abilities and was familiar with the terrain. Instead of thinking about his passengers, he cheated and cost everyone their life. He wasn't a novice. He had over 5000 hours logged and was an instructor. He knew better.

SMH. Don’t want to disparage the dead but that’s a damn shame.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thats one of the reasons I believe that the clippers game was postponed. They are going to have a huge celebration of his life on Friday and then have his funeral days or weeks later in staples like MJ and Nipsey.

I think TMZ said Staples might be too small. It can only hold 20,000 people. They said it could be in the LA Coliseum. More room for more people.

Inferno

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East Bay
So is he saying it was a mechanical failure or did the pilot just hit a mountain hr didn't see?

Right now the signs point to pilot error. He went to 2200 feet to try to get out of the clouds, then descended while turning left (presumably to get lower and out of the clouds) and then hit the hill, possibly due to low visibility so he didn't see it in time as he was going down.

The question is, what happened that caused him to turn left and descend that rapidly? The NTSB lady said they descended at a rate of 2000 feet per minute. Was the pilot just disoriented due to the fog and trying to get out of it? People say you don't even know which way you're turning, etc. in that level of fog. Or did something happen to him or the helicopter?

It was about one minute from then the left turn/descent started to when the impact happened. I hope Kobe and the other victims weren't aware of what was happening :mjcry:

Look at this, you can't even tell which way the helicopter is going in all that fog

VBM

┌∩┐(●_●)┌∩┐
Daps
Reppin
Dallas by way of Houston by way of San Antonio
Shaq talking about the missed hall of fame opportunity has me feeling some kinda way right now. As a Spurs/Duncan stan, I was looking forward to hearing Kobe sound off on their wars and Tim no-selling the importance of their rivalry like always. I know it's a Kobe vs. LeBron rivalry based on pure athletic talent, but to me the real one will always be Mamba vs. Fundamental.

BBXo6Bx.img

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Right now the signs point to pilot error. He went to 2200 feet to try to get out of the clouds, then descended while turning left (presumably to get lower and out of the clouds) and then hit the hill, possibly due to low visibility so he didn't see it in time as he was going down.

The question is, what happened that caused him to turn left and descend that rapidly? The NTSB lady said they descended at a rate of 2000 feet per minute. Was the pilot just disoriented due to the fog and trying to get out of it? People say you don't even know which way you're turning, etc. in that level of fog. Or did something happen to him or the helicopter?

It was about one minute from then the left turn/descent started to when the impact happened. I hope Kobe and the other victims weren't aware of what was happening :mjcry:

i think he was in a fog bubble and didn't know where he was going

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
So is he saying it was a mechanical failure or did the pilot just hit a mountain hr didn't see?
Seriously, what does it matter? It was a tragic accident. Yes it could have been avoiding. Blaming the pilot isn't going to bring any of them back. That pilot lost his life. That pilot had a family that is devastated right now. We need to stop looking to blame people. It doesn't fix shyt. All this talk about the pilot is starting to become irritating.