Kobe and Gigi Bryant Memorial Thread (RIP)

scorpino

Love Yourz
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Damn I wasn’t a Laker fan and I’ll be honest most of Kobe’s career was the dark ages for me as far as basketball fandom is concerned. I was a huge Patrick Ewing/Knicks fan so the 2000s were the end of an era for me. I hated Shaq because he had so much success. I wished that would’ve been Ewing hoisting all those trophies. I regret not following the game as closely. The heat/mavs final is what made me a hardcore fan again. I regret not being tuned in for most of Kobe’s career and definitely wish I would’ve seen him live at the garden.

This tragedy is just hitting me hard on so many levels and I can’t stop thinking about it. Life isn’t promised man. As crazy as it is this is hitting me harder than 9/11. I wasn’t a father then. RIP Kobe and everyone on that helicopter

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
d60174c0-4120-11ea-97d9-93ee460cb355

Derozan as well

I AM WARHOL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Kobe had something kind and encouraging to say to anyone and everyone. He just wouldnt accept laziness. But the constant thread in all these stories are his words of encouragement, from his superstar friends to his media enemies. It's weird seeing long time Kobe haters finally get it. Kobe was more than a player.

Last edited:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
someone who witnessed the crash took pics of the immediate aftermath. shyt is terrible.

That is just tragic man:mjcry:. I wouldn't know how to feel because part of me would feel like a closed casket would help save me from myself, while another part of me would want to be able to see my loved ones looking peaceful one last time. Judging from those pics I'm pretty sure open casket isn't even an option. I truly believe that there is another place we all go to when we pass, and that death is only a transition.